AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Akatv any chance I could send you mine? I’ve got a 98 Foreman 450 ES when machine shifts, display reads wrong gear or no gear. I’ve changed position sensor and gear sensor with no luck. Thanks in advance!

Hi 

Welcome to the forum!

I have not seen a speedometer that reads incorrectly like that and have it be the speedometer or programming

Unless your meter is completely blank in the gear position area 

I would lean more toward it being the angle sensor or gear position switch

There are some good troubleshooting for them in the service manual

If you dont have it you can download it here on the forum

If you find that they both check out, I would be happy to take a look at your meter either way, but

lets make sure its not something else causing the issue

Post a few pictures I might see something that helps you out

It MIGHT need to be reprogrammed, but it would be the rare exception.

Do your hours and miles seem correct for the most part?

Edited by AKATV

On 6/17/2022 at 11:29 AM, AKATV said:

Welcome to the forum!

I can most likely get you taken care of, but I would probably need to see a little bit more detail on what you have going on

Post a few pictures and it would probably help if you remove the top cover of the speedometer and just take a picture of the internal circuit card

I will send my contact information to your inbox as well

Just wanted to brag on the prompt and swift work performed to get my fourwheeler screen repaired by @AKATV. He provided excellent communication, pictures and explained things very clearly. He is a true master at this craft and saving the old electronics to be renewed again!

Thanks again!

Nicks501

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AKATV i am sending you a message regarding getting the screen on my 98 450 ES repaired....You seem to do excellent work....:)

Welcome to the forum!

thanks for the kind words ,I got your PM and I replied

shoot me a few pictures and we can work it out

Pretty impressive work. My adult son (34), several months ago purchased 2004 Foreman ES 450 . He is not mechanically inclined thus had on his teenager hat ( from the days when he & dad went dirt biking & 4 wheeling),,, simply rode it, sounded good, thus he bought it. Moving forward, few weeks back he texted me stating it would only pull in 4 wheel drive. Thus I ultimately made a deal to Cash App him some money and bail him out of his problems, then  made a 2 1/2 hour trip to pick up a project. Needless to say, rear axle & pinion will require replacement,, along with every moving suspension part in the front end. When I jacked it up the front wheels simply "flop" all around.  Back in the day,, he and I had "3" dirt bikes and "2" 4wheelers, I maintained them,,but this was 18 + years ago since I last scratched my knuckles on TOYS. Here I go again,,currently working on the combination meter, as it was non-functioning when I got it,,after removing it, cleaning out the debris/corrosion with a "Q" tip, toothbrush and alcohol (rubbing,,,not about to pour my good stuff on it),, I managed to get all functions back working, although screen was sun burnt. Removed the polarization film from both sides of the inner lens with intentions of replacing it,, but somewhere along the way I have missed or gotten something out of whack. During last re-assembly the upper 4 lamps light up, the little LEDS along the sides light up when I turn headlamps on, but for the life of me am unable to get any of the display functions to light up ? Had taken it apart about 4 prior times ( just checking my progress along the way) and had all functions working ( gear selection, Odo, Trip, clock, Speedo,  etc) and this last time ( as I was trying to determine as to the orientation of the replacement polarization film),,and  display functions are dead. Any free suggestions are greatly appreciated.   ,thanks in advance.

If you have removed the polarization films 

the display glass will not show anything until you replace the polarization films back on it

Hi Akatv, could you send me your contact info? In need of your help with a 2004 Foreman ES 450 "999999" speedo.

Welcome to the forum!

it sounds like your data is corrupted on your speedometer.

It is a must to keep a good battery in these machines, particularly the ES machines

I will send my contact information to you

If you’d like to look into having it reprogrammed

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Tell me a little more about what issues you are having,

maybe post a picture or two so we can see what is actually going on

I will send contact information to your inbox as well

On 7/19/2022 at 6:37 AM, Jazz003 said:

Hi Akatv, could you send me your contact info? In need of your help with a 2004 Foreman ES 450 "999999" speedo.

Hi

I sent contact information to your message box

I wanted to come back and let everyone know what an outstanding job AKATV did repairing my meter board. I mean it looks so good I was honestly surprised it was mine. LOL

I've attached pics of the before and after so y'all can see what how good this thing looks.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ronald did an excellent job fixing my sceen and board as well as getting me a few parts to get my dash back up to speed. He followed up on my questions and checked on me several times. I would recommend his work to anyone. 

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Donzi said:

Ronald did an excellent job fixing my sceen and board as well as getting me a few parts to get my dash back up to speed. He followed up on my questions and checked on me several times. I would recommend his work to anyone. 

Thank you

Good deal !!! , You wouldn't  happen to have a Donzi  , eh , fine boat 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Good deal !!! , You wouldn't  happen to have a Donzi  , eh , fine boat 

Not right now, have had 2. Looking for a 22 classic now. You?

Just now, Donzi said:

Not right now, have had 2. Looking for a 22 classic now. You?

My name is Don and they call me Donny , so always wanted a Donzi 

Hi

Welcome to the Forum!

I replied to your other message and have sent you my contact information as well

Post a few pictures with backlight on, so I can see what all you have going on

Hello AKATV, 

I'm in the process of bring my '98 450sw back to life and the screen is pretty shot. Not sure if it's repairable or not, but I'd like to have it fixed if you're still in the business. Attached is a picture of the screen after I pulled it. I believe the backlight worked last time I used it but the screen was failed. The screen has since gotten worse. 

I can send a PM if you need me to.

PXL_20220822_230803762.jpg

Hi welcome to the forum!

A re you down South by chance?

That screen is fried for sure lol

I should be able to refurbish it for you as long as you don’t have any other issues with it

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

8 hours ago, AKATV said:

Hi welcome to the forum!

A re you down South by chance?

That screen is fried for sure lol

I should be able to refurbish it for you as long as you don’t have any other issues with it

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

I am down south in Louisiana, Lake Ponchartrain area.  

It is fried, it was covered with a thick tarp last few years too. Maybe that just baked it, I don't know. 

Got your message and will reply.

I'd like to get on your list of displays to refurb please AKATV

I have a 1998 Honda Foreman 450 ES where the display looks just like the others posted.

Can you message me please?

Hi welcome to the forum!

I replied to your private message and sent you my contact information as well

thanks for the picture it really helps a lot for figuring out what you have going on

I’ll get you taken care of you the way,

and hope to see you around the forum