AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

AkATV, can you message me your contact information?  I have a gauge that needs some attention.  Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

I will send my contact information out to you right now
AKATV 

This man I can vouch for 100%. Very fast turn around time and excellent customer service. Always kept me up to date on the progress and even shipping! 
thank you so much for all your help! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum Tweet

I will send my contact information to your message box. Let me know your your make and model, and what issues that you’re having.

-AKATV

• Like 1

I have a 2002 Honda Rubicon 500 and the display lights up but doesn’t show anything at all. The circuit board looks good but it’s orange on the screen. 

2nd one today with this issue-

You have a power issue either to the circuit card or the card itself

The first thing I would do is check to make sure you don’t have any water intrusion on your lower speedometer plug. I see a lot of burned pins down there inside the plug after water gets in, then you want to make sure you have 12 V on your black/ brown wire as well as 12volts on your red/black wire. check both wires with the key on

One is key on power and one is power all the time to hold your memory. Make sure you use the green wire is ground, alternately you can also try to power up your speedometer by applying powered of those two wires as well as the ground. 

If that doesn’t work, I would most likely say that you have a failed component on your circuit card

I will send my contact information to your message box as well if you’d like to contact me or send it in for repair

Edited by AKATV

How do I contact you AKATV about getting 2 Honda combination meters repaired?

Honda 37200-HN4-A11 from a 2002 TRX 350TE. 
Honda 37200-HN5-M11 from a 2006 TRX 350 FE. 
Both have non shifting issues. 
Im new to this site. Dont know where to get private messages. rdsautorepair4338@gmail is my email. 

27 minutes ago, Rdbrown4338 said:

How do I contact you AKATV about getting 2 Honda combination meters repaired?

Honda 37200-HN4-A11 from a 2002 TRX 350TE. 
Honda 37200-HN5-M11 from a 2006 TRX 350 FE. 
Both have non shifting issues. 
Im new to this site. Dont know where to get private messages. rdsautorepair4338@gmail is my email. 

Welcome to the forum , -----   @AKATV

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the Bat signal Fish! 😀

Welcome to the forum Rdbrown4338

I also received your duplicate private message that was sent, and have responded to that with my contact information.

Just so you know, the speedometer really doesn’t cause any shifting issues on either of these.

I have three ranchers in the shop right now they all shift just fine without the speedometer attached, the only problem that you’ll run into sometimes is that the speed signal is routed through the speedometer to the ECU, and if it doesn’t receive the speed signal, ECU will shut down shifting as a safety precaution to prevent damage to the transmission

The same is true if your speed sensor goes out, but this is only on the ES models

also,on your 2006 model, it should flash a fault code to tell you what issues you have on your machine -let me know what that is and we can help you sort it out.

Let me know what you have going on with each individual speedometer and if you could post a few pictures for each one it’s quite helpful. Please turn your headlights on so that the back light comes on. It makes it a lot easier to see screen defects and what needs to be repaired

AKATV

• Like 1

This is what my screen looks like on my 2002 Honda rubicon 500. Anyone know what all needs to be replaced.? It lights up but the screen doesn’t show anything at all

CC8754F3-E468-45E2-8B74-AAD026DEE046.jpeg

You have heavy sun damage to your polarization films and backlight filter. You will need to replace them or the whole LCD assembly

The backlight filter, which piece is that? I know both sides of the glass it looks like it has polarized film on it then the second piece has a white background, it that the backlight filter? 

Yes, if you dont replace it, it the LCD will look transparent 

If you are planning on doing this yourself be VERY careful not to crack the thin contact edges of the LCD

If you do, you will be replacing the whole glass and they are not easy to come by

Edited by AKATV

Hi AKATV! I have the same problem on my '04 Honda 450s. Where can I find a replacement LCD display? The lens measures 3 3/4"x2" . If I could find one, would it work the same as old display? If possible, is there a way to find out the  information stored on the board like the milage and hours? Thank You.

IMG_20230715_153930750_HDR.jpg

Man, that screen is burned up for sure… 
You can’t just purchase a display for these

You have to source parts from another used speedometer, which most likely will need to have the polarization films an backlight filter replaced 

I can put a test screen on this if your board is functional and determine the miles an hours if the board is functional if it’s not, I would have to pull the chip off and mount it on another board to be able to read the data. It’s a bit of a process. 
I could most likely source the parts for you, If you’d like to contact me for a repair, I will send my contact information to your message box as well

-AKATV

New to the forum. I would like to get my display fixed. Can you send me contact info?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

I just sent you my contact information as requested. Take a look around the forum and 

don’t forget to download a service manual for your machine if you need one from our free service manual library.

Take a minute and say hi to everybody in the new member forum

Hope to see you around

-AKATV

I put new polarized film on but still can’t see anything, I’ve checked the connections and made sure they all had the right power to power it and they all do. Any suggestions? 

B5B11883-31B6-410E-8102-C12D641C12A1.jpeg

5914EDC9-954D-419D-ABDA-3CC47E8F7B0D.jpeg

3579FE80-3830-44DE-8E88-BA33293329F6.jpeg

Hard to tell from the pictures, are you 100% sure the LCD glass is good?

A lot of people sending them to me crack the thin contact edge when removing old films

and they will no longer display.

Also, are you sure that your circuit board is working?

A lot of times the CPU fails on these and also will not display, but the LEDs will still work

The LEDS usually always work as they are on a separate simple circuit that just involves a ground signal to illuminate

I sent you my direct contact information as well if you want me to go through it

AKATV

@AKATV Jasco here, new to the forum!  Interested in having the instrument cluster repaired on my 2004 Honda Foreman 450 ES.  It does light up amber when the lights are switched on.  There are no letters or numbers showing on the display.  Please let me what I might be looking at to have you repair it.

Thank you!

IMG_1611.jpeg

IMG_1603.jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

IMG_1601.jpeg

IMG_1598.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!
If you could spray a little Windex or some WD-40 on the top cover so we can get a little bit better look at that display -even better if you could remove the top cover

I’m just trying to see if you have any trace of data available on your screen or if it’s completely blank sometimes it fades so much that it looks like it’s blank but it’s actually not and it’s hard to tell 

if it’s just faded, you just need to have your LCD refurbished but if you are 100% sure that it’s blank then you either have a power issue going to your circuit card or possibly a failed circuit card that might be water damaged etc.

Sorry, I totally missed the point of the top cover meaning the face plate cover.  I thought you meant the black plastic cover.  Will pull the phillips screws and screen cover tomorrow evening!  Sure doesn’t look like there is anything showing up back there though.