AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

On 3/9/2020 at 1:58 PM, AKATV said:

(just kidding it was sent into to me for reprogramming)

This is what happens to your speedometer milage and hours when you run without a battery or let it go dead -( which is really hard on your stator and voltage reg too)

This is actually a 450ES-notice the gear position area is missing, which is common as well

sometimes the miles and hours go to all 999999999.s or mising also

FYI-  I have a new EEPROM file for the Foreman 450ES that I can load

It is 942mi and 109hrs, if that is closer to your original speedometer reading

OK maybe you can post a picture or two so we can see what you have going on

I also sent you a separate message with my contact information I can get you taken care of you the way

AKATV

Hey chief,

My '99 foreman 450es display has seen better days. I bought the bike with the display in this condition 4 months ago. The N is barely visible while the remainder of the display is not readable. Think you can help me out? The missing capacitor has been replaced. 

F064BDC0-729E-4B90-922B-D2A388E57B95.jpeg

• Like 1

Sure I would be glad to help you out 

I can repair your display if your circuit card is now functional and working properly

Do you know if your LEDs are working?

Also could you post a picture of this plugged into your machine and turned on with the headlights on so I can see what the display looks like when it’s illuminated?

It’ll give me a better idea what’s going on

I sent you a message with my contact information as well

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 2

AKATV is the person to go to on this. he fixed my 2000es screen.. i'm fairly sure he aint a chief though, i might be wrong, though.. he is the chief of fixing displays..

• Like 1

Awesome. My three LEDs work perfectly. I'll post a plugged in picture later this morning. 

Edited by JordanJ
Typo

Ok sounds great

If you check your messages you should find my contact info as well 

Welcome to the forums!

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AKATV said:

Ok sounds great

If you check your messages you should find my contact info as well 

Welcome to the forums!

Can you send me your contact info as well? I have a 2008 TRX420ES with a bad meter. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately due to the fact that the have printing on the front polarization film (fuel gauge, etc) I’m not able to repair those displays properly

That printing is done at the factory on the front polarization film and I’m unable to replicate it

I focus mainly on the Foreman 450 and Rancher 350 Speedometers a few others on case by case basis

Post a picture of though and let me know what you have going on I might be able to do something with it depending on what’s wrong

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Unfortunately due to the fact that the have printing on the front polarization film (fuel gauge, etc) I’m not able to repair those displays properly

That printing is done at the factory on the front polarization film and I’m unable to replicate it

I focus mainly on the Foreman 450 and Rancher 350 Speedometers a few others on case by case basis

Post a picture of though and let me know what you have going on I might be able to do something with it depending on what’s wrong

I'm actually unsure if it does anything at all. I bought the bike in non-running condition and have not yet put a battery in it. I have been cleaning all of the connectors up before I power it up. Looks like it spent a lot of time in the mud/submerged. I pulled the meter apart to clean it up including some light corrosion on the circuit board and popped off the top of a capacitor. Didn't know if you did those types of repairs.

I can definitely do component replacement for you if you need

• Like 2

Here is the picture of it lit up. I recently tried to repair it myself so when I didn’t get the result I wanted, I turned to the forums. Notice the upper left of the screen. 

I received your PM so I’ll reach out to you. 

C2E6DD60-5025-4101-B82E-E09A32DC5D4B.jpeg

OK I’ll wait till I hear from you

I can take care of it no problem

22 hours ago, AKATV said:

OK I’ll wait till I hear from you

I can take care of it no problem

Sorry for the delay. Attached are the pictures. I purchased a new one but I'm interested in knowing the hours/mileage on this machine. 

IMG_5405.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5407.JPG

IMG_5408.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

Thanks for the pictures unfortunately I do not have any Rancher 420 speedometer parts at this time

The easiest way would be to have a working one and swap the data chip over to read it

Do you know if you display glass is good and the bezel and all other parts are there as well

Did you remove the polarization film from the glass as I see what looks like glue residue on the glass

I might be able to get it working enough to read data ,but no guarantees as after seeing the cover smashed out

it seems like the board would have water damage for sure

AKATV,

I have a 1998 TRX 450 LCD that isn't working.  I think I remember it was very faint, sun damage.  I tried to replace the polarized film a while back and I think I made it worse.

I'm interested in seeing if you can fix it.  Sounds like it may be an easy one for you. I would have messaged you directly but this forum isn't going to let me till I post at least one here.

Thank you,

esimkins from California

Sure no problem I can get you back up and running in no time

I’ll shoot you my contact information and we can work it out

Just so you know you can download the free Honda factory service manual here on the forum and with our host of resident

Honda ATV experts you can keep everything in tip top shape on your wheeler

On 5/2/2021 at 9:00 PM, AKATV said:

Thanks for the pictures unfortunately I do not have any Rancher 420 speedometer parts at this time

The easiest way would be to have a working one and swap the data chip over to read it

Do you know if you display glass is good and the bezel and all other parts are there as well

Did you remove the polarization film from the glass as I see what looks like glue residue on the glass

I might be able to get it working enough to read data ,but no guarantees as after seeing the cover smashed out

it seems like the board would have water damage for sure

Sorry for the delay. Not sure if the display glass is good and I didn't remove anything. Is reading the data something you would want to try? If so, should I send the old and new one? Thanks!

On 3/7/2020 at 2:57 PM, AKATV said:

I just finished repairing a speedometer display with heavy sun UV burnout for our member LedFTed this morning

I wanted to show results of UV damage repair, other than the reprogramming that I do

Before and after pics below-

my phone reflection in 2nd picture- not screen defect .....😊

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

i forget what year that was, i had some problems to contend with. i did cover up the speedo, though.. anyway... it still looks the same as when AKATV fixed it.. you need to have a hoodie if ya got to leave it outside, or a tarp. i didnt do the tarp, cause it makes it easier for the mickies to make a home.. then there goes the wiring... i got enough wiring issues to solve..

thats another story. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed

Hello, i have a 99 honda foreman trx450es with a display that is sun worn and faded i can see something on the screen but have make out what it is. i would like you to clean it or do what ever it is you do to make it wonderful again. please and thanks!

Hi welcome to the forum!

Generally the sun damages the LCD display polarization film over the years

and it needs to be replaced 

I can do that for you if you’re interested

I will send you my contact information and I can get you taken care of

On 5/6/2021 at 7:54 PM, mcanix said:

Sorry for the delay. Not sure if the display glass is good and I didn't remove anything. Is reading the data something you would want to try? If so, should I send the old and new one? Thanks!

Just checking back to see if you're interested in trying this?

If you want to send both the old one and the new one I should be able to read the data no problem if it’s not corrupted

You could actually just swap screens on your end and most likely be able to read the data if that something you wanted to attempt since you have the harness and everything to plug it into if not you can send it to me

I sent you my contact information as well

Edited by AKATV