dearchristopher

What did you do with your atv today?

14 hours ago, shrade said:

Nanook: You guys still have a couple of months of winter to go ,Right? Do the silicon heat pads make that much diff.? What kind did you have? My carburated Rancher is really cold blooded, have thought about some type of "block" heater. 

I put two 100W silicon heat pads on the case where the oil sump is. These pads are fairly common up here. The use of two pads warms the whole engine up. I’m running Shell Rotella 5W40 synthetic oil. Never had any problems starting. Napa carries silicon heat pads, Alaskan and Canadian companies make heat pads, Kats or Yukon are a couple brands of pads. 

Edited by Nanook
  • Like 1

Made the daily trip to gather up maple sap!

7 and 1/2 gallons today.

kids putting sap,in fridge and broke a big glass jar so now at the ER room with youngest daughter who has a nasty cut on her pinky finger from glass jar.

wife with daughter I'm stuck out in waiting room they only allowing 1 parent with kid

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 7:09 AM, Nanook said:

I put two 100W silicon heat pads on the case where the oil sump is. These pads are fairly common up here. The use of two pads warms the whole engine up. I’m running Shell Rotella 5W40 synthetic oil. Never had any problems starting. Napa carries silicon heat pads, Alaskan and Canadian companies make heat pads, Kats or Yukon are a couple brands of pads. 

Thanks Nanook, I will see if I can find them.

9 hours ago, shrade said:

Thanks Nanook, I will see if I can find them.

philipsandtemro.com

these guys make a 125W pad, good quality.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:42 PM, sublime68charger said:

Out on the trail getting the sap,

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I like your old school 4 hole rims ... best looking rims out there 

thanks,  here's a better pic of the rims,

and they have 26" Mudzilla for the tires.

though I think it looks kinda cool with the snow packed rim look as well!

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

I like them so much I have a set just like it , 26 Mudzillas , ITP 4 hole aluminum slots 

fullsizeoutput_15e.jpeg

• Like 3

These are the Highlifters with 27 Outlaws , Actually know who has 22 New old stock sets of the rear rims 5/2 , 4-140 ( 44 total  rims ) 14 inch rims  , 2 rims for $149 , but can't find the fronts 4/3 to match , these are 12 inch rims ---I like the 4 slot better myself  ---oh that's ITP SS caps on Highlifter rims 

IMG_9093.JPG

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I like them so much I have a set just like it , 26 Mudzillas , ITP 4 hole aluminum slots 

I like the looks of that 300!  how does it due for turning the 26" rubber?  any engine mods at all?

For winter plowing I put 15-20PSI of air in the front tires to give me a little more height.  I just have to remember to air them back down for summer riding is all.

the 4 hole slots are alot better looking then the 7 slot ones.  

15 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

These are the Highlifters with 27 Outlaws , Actually know who has 22 New old stock sets of the rear rims 5/2 , 4-140 ( 44 total  rims ) 14 inch rims  , 2 rims for $149 , but can't find the fronts 4/3 to match , these are 12 inch rims ---I like the 4 slot better myself  ---oh that's ITP SS caps on Highlifter rims 

IMG_9093.JPG

The wheels look like ITP C series, type 4 if I remember right. STI made them for a few years after itp quit them. 

8 hours ago, sublime68charger said:

how does it due for turning the 26" rubber?  any engine mods at all?

the 4 hole slots are alot better looking then the 7 slot ones.  

both the red and blue 300s have 54% reduction and a few other things , no problem spinning them ---- I agree with you the 4 holes are the better looking rims 

I also have a couple of other similar sets , I think TooDeep might be right my  blue 300 has ITPs which  are 7 holes and the Highlifter rims are on my red 450 and wife's pink 300  have 6 holes , my son's green 300 2wd  has 4 hole and ready for some new rubber  , I forgot the maker of those , got a bad headache at the moment 

IMG_3255.JPG

IMG_6976.JPG

fullsizeoutput_676.jpeg

• Like 2

my work has decided to gift me with an unpaid vacation, so I found some time to drag the trailer to the back yard and organize the crepe myrtle trimmings I have. (I fully regret trimming these down before the world shut down......)

the atv does make work a lot easier around the yard, I will say that. the winch comes in handy so often 

IMG_8528.JPG

IMG_8654.JPG

IMG_7219.JPG

IMG_7602.JPG

• Like 2

The 2000 recon using the stone boat to move some large rocks. Probably 8 or so rocks that they moved.

the kids did %80 of the work on this. Now will have to blend this part back into the yard it was a flower bed at 1 time but has been more weeds the last few years.

image.jpeg

Edited by sublime68charger
  • Like 1

Got new shoes on the XX and my son got himself a raptor and had to photobomb my new tire event 

20200306_143702.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Akunin said:

Got new shoes on the XX and my son got himself a raptor and had to photobomb my new tire event 

20200306_143702.jpg

Yep , I think he stole your thunder , LOL nice                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Yep , I think he stole your thunder , LOL nice                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah he did just a bit. He found a really good deal for $2400 and I had just pulled mine out of the garage when he pulled up with his new toy.

58 minutes ago, Akunin said:

Yeah he did just a bit. He found a really good deal for $2400 and I had just pulled mine out of the garage when he pulled up with his new toy.

looks to be in great shape from the pic! 

14 minutes ago, dearchristopher said:

looks to be in great shape from the pic! 

Yeah it is, runs great! Owner just didnt ride it anymore and gave my kid a pretty good deal. I give him grief though, he likes my 700XX more. This is his first solid rear axle quad and he says it feels funny. I told him now he has to watch for that rear end to get hung up. Not a problem on my Honda! 🤣

• Like 1

Akunin

so forgive my ignorance who wins a side by side street race of these 2?

1/8 mile 1/4 mile top end?

Im not into the Sport ATV scene but they booth look cool and Fun and FAST.

or even on grass which one will hook better and get of the line? 

or even on the trail which handles corners better?

just some question's to fill time

thanks.

After busting a cv axle off in my front diff years ago, I finally got around to swapping the front diff. Added a locker to it and finished rebuilding the front end. Plan on installing some stick stoppers, and finally a winch.

IMG_20200323_181019408.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 8:39 AM, sublime68charger said:

Akunin

so forgive my ignorance who wins a side by side street race of these 2?

1/8 mile 1/4 mile top end?

Im not into the Sport ATV scene but they booth look cool and Fun and FAST.

or even on grass which one will hook better and get of the line? 

or even on the trail which handles corners better?

just some question's to fill time

thanks.

Loaded question there, two different beasts! The XX is heavier, but does have more hp but with the independent rear it cant corner like the raptor. In a dead street race the raptor was a little ahead. In dunes I'd ride a raptor but anything else the XX is amazing. I love it even in tight trail riding, just takes a little different technique to corner. I walk away from the other two Raptors in the family when out trail riding, the independent suspension is amazing on a sport quad. The nearest we have that comes close in the wife's can am renegade 800r Xxc but it's nearly 200 pound heavier so again my xx just disappears. 

I've since upgraded with better trail tires (6 ply bias) and just installed my ehs big 3 with a barkers exhaust. And after last nights ride I gotta say the xx really really woke up. I cant wait till this weekend to take it to Farmingdale (local open dirt) and see what it can really do

Edited by Akunin

Oh this thing purrs now

EHS big 3, barkers exhaust, uni air filter.

20200329_194528.jpg

• Like 2

I need to start a build thread on my second 86 TRX350A 

i used Rustoleum rust reformer and painted all the bare frame spots. That mouse pee sure did eat on the old paint. I couldn’t tear it down to repaint the whole frame—I’m OCD enough already 

anyway it’s ready to go back together —i bought a set of good wheels and tires at an auction for $100. Cha CHINGA

F54C89D7-4032-4CD5-9764-3E5619CCB293.jpeg

• Like 5

I was able to go and test the xx tonight after work and yeah, very impressed with the new exhaust. Doesn't look half bad!

20200331_150053.jpg

20200331_150128.jpg

• Like 2