dearchristopher

What did you do with your atv today?

I also did an overnight soak of the air filter screens from my other thread.  They cleaned up well.  I got a couple of those in those parts bins too, so have 4 now and after soaking, cleaning, blowing out, and oiling, they're useable again.

The other iffy one was the different clutch baskets.  One from a BR250 or something? 

3507.jpg

3508.jpg

3509.jpg

3510.jpg

3511.jpg

3512.jpg

3513.jpg

• Like 4

Buddy and I rode our Ruby's all day by my hunting camp. 8" of snow and ground fairly frozen. Followed ancient logging trails we saw on satellite that can only be traveled when frozen. Were able to cross beaver flowages and made a huge loop getting back on other logging trails that we have hunted. Covered 42.29 miles according to my GPS. This is my buddy in front of an old shack.

IMG_20210104_131916409_HDR.jpg

• Like 8

Well.. slid into the back of my buddies 750 the other night on ice, he stopped hard when his chain saw came off the rear rack 😮

, just noticed today i put a hole in the left headlight & broke the bracket off the top of the fender that holds it. So i just plastic welded/melted it with an old windshield washer jug for now...wrong time of year to tear that all apart 🥶

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Was back at hunting camp last weekend. Son and son-in-law were trapping beaver. I brushed a half mile of trail and did some carpentry work. Rode the wheeler and did more exploring. Headed back up tomorrow for 3 days of riding and ice fishing. Got a cell booster and had to make a temporary antenna mast.🙄

IMG_20210109_224019.jpg

IMG_20210108_155853604.jpg

• Like 6

Today I installed a Battery Tender Jr. as well as a 12v outlet.  It was my first and second things I've done to my atv.  I didn't punch any walls or kick any cats or anything.  It all worked in the end and things went back together nicely.

• Haha 2

On 1/12/2021 at 4:11 PM, PROV said:

Was back at hunting camp last weekend. Son and son-in-law were trapping beaver. I brushed a half mile of trail and did some carpentry work. Rode the wheeler and did more exploring. Headed back up tomorrow for 3 days of riding and ice fishing. Got a cell booster and had to make a temporary antenna mast.🙄

IMG_20210108_155853604.jpg

Tell me more about this cell booster.  Just cellular or also data?

Another 40 miles testing the voyager pro gps and managed to stop long enough to grab a few pics. I thought I would share! Never imagined I'd be able to ride in perfect weather in January.

20210112_142040.jpg

20210112_153617.jpg

20210112_153619.jpg

• Like 8

I haven't done squat lately.  Baby, wife and I all have the crud.  I mentioned it at work, and the nurse told me I needed to take a Covid test, so I'm quarantined until that comes back.  Pretty sure it's just a cold, but they won't let me come back to work until I get a clear test result.

Cold and windy here, and my head is all stopped up, so I've pretty much been worthless.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 1/14/2021 at 6:54 PM, WonderMonkey said:

Tell me more about this cell booster.  Just cellular or also data?

I have a Wilson Electronics (WeBoost) mobile cell booster. Runs off 12v accessory plug that you can plug into your vehicle. Has about 12' of cable to the interior antenna and the same for the exterior antenna. Magnetic antenna mount. Phone has to be within 3' of interior antenna. Will boost cell signal for several phones at once. If you have a strong enough signal you can get on the web. I got a 12v to 120v adapter to plug it in at the camp. Made the temporary tower to test it. My phone would barely detect a tower there and alot of times not at all. I got 4 bars with the booster. Could text all the time, do phone calls 90% of the time, send pictures occasionally and got on the web a bit. A little flakey right at his cabin but he took his ladder home so that was the best I could do and he is surrounded by dense snow covered cedar trees. Gonna try it at my camp up there sometime as I have to take the wheeler 3 miles south to a big hill to get anything. I even rigged up the booster to a 12v battery we use to power our portable ice fishing sonar and that worked fine too. Go to their website and check them out. They have stationary systems also that are even better for your house or cabin. Depending what you want you can have a more powerful interior antenna that can boost your phone anywhere around your place.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, PROV said:

I have a Wilson Electronics (WeBoost) mobile cell booster. Runs off 12v accessory plug that you can plug into your vehicle. Has about 12' of cable to the interior antenna and the same for the exterior antenna. Magnetic antenna mount. Phone has to be within 3' of interior antenna. Will boost cell signal for several phones at once. If you have a strong enough signal you can get on the web. I got a 12v to 120v adapter to plug it in at the camp. Made the temporary tower to test it. My phone would barely detect a tower there and alot of times not at all. I got 4 bars with the booster. Could text all the time, do phone calls 90% of the time, send pictures occasionally and got on the web a bit. A little flakey right at his cabin but he took his ladder home so that was the best I could do and he is surrounded by dense snow covered cedar trees. Gonna try it at my camp up there sometime as I have to take the wheeler 3 miles south to a big hill to get anything. I even rigged up the booster to a 12v battery we use to power our portable ice fishing sonar and that worked fine too. Go to their website and check them out. They have stationary systems also that are even better for your house or cabin. Depending what you want you can have a more powerful interior antenna that can boost your phone anywhere around your place.

Thanks, I appreciate the details.  I've been looking around for something that could help out at our deer camp, something just like this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I was off this afternoon.  It was 55F.  I did some riding around the place on the Foreman as it hasn't been used much since summer other than the kids riding when they were down around christmas.  I use the sxs (commander 1000) for firewood in the winter and do my winter riding on it (full doors).  I started making chainsaw mounts for it today as tired of just throwing them in bed and seeing commercial mounts in the $120-150 range.

• Like 2

We were out ice fishing the last 3 days on our machines. I pulled the sled. 28 - 32 degrees out so didn't have to wear gloves. Nice weather.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I haven't done squat lately.  Baby, wife and I all have the crud.  I mentioned it at work, and the nurse told me I needed to take a Covid test, so I'm quarantined until that comes back.  Pretty sure it's just a cold, but they won't let me come back to work until I get a clear test result.

Cold and windy here, and my head is all stopped up, so I've pretty much been worthless.

hope y'all get to feeling better jeep. 

Thanks for the well wishes guys.  Got our negative covid results back yesterday morning.  We're all still iffy with sinus infections.  Wife has been on an antibiotic and is on the mend, and I had the APRN at work call me in the same.

Warmer and sunny here today so finally got my Christmas lights down outside, and put a fuel pump filter on a Rancher belongs to one of my buddy's kids.  Still won't rev up.  Probably going to order a fuel pump for it next.

• Like 3

Well, Saturday I should have worked on my Jeep for the sake of my atv.  It was 50 out.  Only 37 today.

Saturday I went to the southern part of the big city and bought whatever the things are that go into the receiver.  2" drop and 4" drop and 1 7/8 ball.  That's what I need for the trailer that the Jeep will pull with the atv on it (the trailer).

Then today I started to remove the plugs (on the Jeep) to get it ready to pull the atv on a trailer.  And again had to go to a town nearby to buy an air compressor to blow the dirt away from the plugs to remove them without getting dirt into the chambers.

Got one plug out.  It was old and wide (burned far open).  Not hot burned, just wear and age burned.  Round center electrode and receded side electrode.

I have new plugs and can't find any gap tools.  I had at least two when I left Los Angeles 3 1/2 years ago.  They will only be found after I buy a new one.

Snow next weekend.  They say.  But they say a lot more than actually happens, so, we will see.

dc

• Like 3

The pic below is the chainsaw mount I mentioned making a couple of posts above.  Fits up to a 20" bar.  It would work on my atv too.

IMG_4190.JPG

• Like 7

Today I started the install of my winch.  I was able to get the winch attached to the front bumper and it reattached back to the frame.  Though I did pay a bit of blood-homage to the God of Mechanics, and will have to Dremel a bit to get the plastics to fit right, it went ok.  Tomorrow I'll lay out the wiring to make sure it will all go where it's supposed to go.  I may not get it done as I have to pack for a trip this weekend, but we shall see.

So, today I got my atv back together after taking it a little apart.

141033754_10220660162628260_5283986120160925697_n.jpg

Edited by WonderMonkey
  • Like 4

I finished the install for my winch today.

I won't keep the hook on the end, and I'll snug up the bobber-stopper a bit.

Also, I'm going to replace the fairlead in a few weeks.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by WonderMonkey
  • Like 3

"Monkey' " --- Wrap tape , wire or string around the cable end before putting  the rubber stopper on and it will tighten it up --- you could do away with the winch switch mount and go to the top screw on the left hand lever 

fullsizeoutput_e2c.jpeg

• Like 2

I have done nothing with mine. I have been elbow deep in a bathroom remodel. Currently elbow deep in redoing drain and supply plumbing.

Plus its been cold. 

• Like 1

Finally got my Warn winch  switch mounted. Hope this one lasts longer than the other one. Just in time, we are in a winter storm warning for tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shrade said:

Finally got my Warn winch  switch mounted. Hope this one lasts longer than the other one. Just in time, we are in a winter storm warning for tomorrow.

Which one did you have that didn't last long?