dearchristopher

What did you do with your atv today?

43 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

good deal, looks like your good to go if the inline fuse was the shifting issue (thumbs up) 

So far seems to be working. Just going to air down the tires, the plow is a heavy one.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Akunin said:

42° today and took the time to throw down a few miles on the XX. Well ended up riding  around 44 miles and was a great way to unwind.

Nice photos!  You have a good eye, and either tremendous auto settings or you know how to manually take photos.

Working on removing my 424 to swap out with new to me one... 

• Like 2

I messed with my buddy's kid's 420 that won't rev.  Updated the specific thread on that one.

I also installed the freshly cleaned carb back onto the Rubicon.  It fired up and purred like a kitten.  Looked at the overflow line and no more leaky bowl!

Pulled it around to park it next to the shop, and looked again and gas was gushing out of the overflow.....guess I'll have to order a new needle.  I got the seat all nice and polished, and roughed the tip on the needle hoping that would do the job.

Apparently not.

• Like 2

On January 30, 2021 at 12:38 PM, Jemmons467 said:

Put my plow on in anticipation for the upcoming NorEaster.

20210130_131755.jpg

do you have a side veiw of this pic with the plow raised ? 

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

do you have a side veiw of this pic with the plow raised ? 

No, but I can snap one tomorrow

After moving snow piles to an out of the way area I used the rake to break up the surface before it freezes again.

20210204_120015.jpg

20210204_120027.jpg

Edited by 56Sierra
  • Like 5

The wind chill is 24 below zero so I just looked at it and went back into the house.😆

• Haha 5

Went plowing snow again this morning, the bikes trip meter rolled over, so I've put 1000+ km (600 mi) in 5 years of plowing snow. 99% of the kms were from plowing as the quad barely leaves the farm.....

• Like 2

Changed the oil and filter in the jeep.  Jacking up with jack stands all normal.  Oil drain plug on so tight I had to use the impact to get it off.

Then, the filter.  The thing is buried amongst all kinds of parts.  Nearly ;perfectly inaccessible.

So to the internet.  And a video.  Take off the grill and the driver's side headlight.  Go in there.  It worked.  But getting the grill off was ... tough and rough.

Now, what the ! does this have to do with atvs, you may ask.

Well, the Jeep will pull a trailer (yet to be bought) with the atv on it.  So this is all preparation.

dc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2021 at 9:56 AM, jeepwm69 said:

I messed with my buddy's kid's 420 that won't rev.  Updated the specific thread on that one.

I also installed the freshly cleaned carb back onto the Rubicon.  It fired up and purred like a kitten.  Looked at the overflow line and no more leaky bowl!

Pulled it around to park it next to the shop, and looked again and gas was gushing out of the overflow.....guess I'll have to order a new needle.  I got the seat all nice and polished, and roughed the tip on the needle hoping that would do the job.

Apparently not.

Cleaned the carb float needle seat again, this time with some small dremel honing stones, then a qtip with polishing compound, and even used a needle and float from another carb I had.

Same thing. 

So I just swapped out the other carb.  No more leak. 

Need to get a magnifying glass.  Must have a tiny gouge or imperfection in the needle seat I can't see with my horrible eyesight.

In the meantime, at least THAT part is fixed.  Now I have to get back into the "pulling back and forth" issue it had last time I had it out, which I suspect is a bearing hanging up periodically.

• Like 4

Still colder than all get out. Started it up, ran it for 10 minutes, went back in the house to my recliner with a WWll book.

Woke up this am, -11 degrees, glad I finished pushing the 10"+ of fresh snow yesterday while it was "balmy" 6 degrees. 

• Like 1

Nice work Wonder'!  Now that I heard you howl , think different of you , lol 

You got me wanting to do a Go Pro experience , how long did a 10 minute video take to upload for you ?  

Turnbuckels are solid for securing things to the deck , you could " flip over " and not lose the cargo ....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Nice work Wonder'!  Now that I heard you howl , think different of you , lol 

You got me wanting to do a Go Pro experience , how long did a 10 minute video take to upload for you ?  

Turnbuckels are solid for securing things to the deck , you could " flip over " and not lose the cargo ....

Thanks!  The GoPro video actually looks MUCH better but since my system is having an issue, I had to render and upload a lower resolution version.  It will take about a month to get a new system in and working.

As for the video upload, not long but I'd have to track it to recall.  I think it generally depends on what your upload speed is on the service you have at your house.

In the next video I'll have more of me on camera, but since I was with my friend, I didn't want to take up too much time filming, etc.

Edited by WonderMonkey
  • Like 1

I know when I uploaded .41 seconds , it took like 3 tries and 2 hours and I am not even sure what quality I done , kind of killed my movie crew hopes 

Next time I think some shots of the camp site , tent , cooking , etc , might kick it up a notch 

21 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I know when I uploaded .41 seconds , it took like 3 tries and 2 hours and I am not even sure what quality I done , kind of killed my movie crew hopes 

Next time I think some shots of the camp site , tent , cooking , etc , might kick it up a notch 

It takes a bit of practice and you have to do extra things to move the camera, etc.  The thing I had to do is give myself a bit of leeway to make a few crappy videos on the way to whatever I can actually do.  I almost didn't upload my last two because I wasn't happy with them.  So, do it and upload, I'd love to watch.

As for your upload.  Maybe if you render the video then transfer to your phone, you can do the basic upload when you are near better service.  Then you can go back to your home computer and edit the title, description, etc.  Just mark it private when you upload initially then when you get it setup, mark it public.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tim-ANC said:

Have you considered getting a trailer for the wheeler?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tim-ANC said:

Have you considered getting a trailer for the wheeler?

I have.  I'm not sure I NEED it, but only time will tell.  In a few weeks I'll be going down to a different area and if I find a place I can build a shelter, I'll probably get a trailer to take in supplies.