dearchristopher

What did you do with your atv today?

The Blacks have a slightly shorter wingspan and of course the black instead of red heads.  The red heads get fed coon on a regular basis on the southeast edge of my property. 😉

Not today, but last Sunday. Warmed up the Rubicon and took my girls for a few trips through the woods. My youngest loves riding on “Red Rubi”, as she’s named it, every chance she gets 

4AD9F0CA-D12C-474E-AABB-929D7052B256.png

• Like 7

what's with the planks in the back, is that a scotch from the rack to the hitch, to keep the back end from dropping with all the chains and weight in the milk crates ? 

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

what's with the planks in the back, is that a scotch from the rack to the hitch, to keep the back end from dropping with all the chains and weight in the milk crates ? 

yes it is the milk crates are 3/4 to 1/2 full of old tire chains/rocks anything heavy really and such to help with the snow plowing traction and the planks keep the weight off of the shocks.

I have the stock tires with chains on I can swap over to if I really need to but the milk crates are a 10 min addition on/off where as to swap tires is 1 hour.

• Like 2

We are at my buddy's hunting shack for a couple days riding. Beautiful 34 degree day today. Ride tomorrow and then to my son's cabin for 3 more days.

IMG_20210225_155520048_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210225_155834995_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, sublime68charger said:

yes it is the milk crates are 3/4 to 1/2 full of old tire chains/rocks anything heavy really and such to help with the snow plowing traction and the planks keep the weight off of the shocks.

hm, interesting  idea, for a SRA. I've seen them compressed and strapped / chained down before,  no idea why, and never did  ask for what reason. 

15 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

hm, interesting  idea, for a SRA. I've seen them compressed and strapped / chained down before,  no idea why, and never did  ask for what reason. 

I think it works well keeps the rear end stable and seems to plow better that way.  I have just added the weight and plowed and for what ever reason it does better with the brace plus I don't like the idea of just leaving all that weight on the shocks just sitting there and I'm not putting on and off each time to plow.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 4:57 PM, PROV said:

We are at my buddy's hunting shack for a couple days riding. Beautiful 34 degree day today. Ride tomorrow and then to my son's cabin for 3 more days.

IMG_20210225_155520048_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210225_155834995_HDR.jpg

What are you hunting Hoss?

Put on another 30 miles today. Rode out on a big lake to check out the fisherman. Heard the timberwolves howling this evening. Pic of homestead cabin from 1900.

IMG_20210226_131037238.jpg

IMG_20210226_120157079.jpg

• Like 7

still have deep snow around my place the old 300 just didn't have enough to make it threw.

Had to get the foreman and the winch and rescue the 300

20210227_125611.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2021 at 4:32 PM, Fishfiles said:

87  , did you know that the Moose hand shifter comes in two lengths , that's a 15 inch in your pic , I have a 22 inch on my 450 and 15 inch  on my 300s 

image.png

fullsizeoutput_e40.jpeg

Totally missed you had posted this. Yah. Know it comes in 2 lengths. I did the shorter as it keeps it down from rubbing on plastic...but you do have to reach down for it. Brother flipped it forward when I was up north at the new year. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 8:50 PM, Goober said:

What are you hunting Hoss?

Not a thing, just exploring. Did another 32 miles through the bush today.

• Like 4

not much  here ether sence the cold weather has ended no more hauling firewood, now just wash the bike up from all this mud, so me and the bike get a rest now. had now issues with the old girl firing up, and getting the job done, although have a few brush piles to take care, but, I've already got a nice pile of wood for next season. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PROV said:

Not a thing, just exploring. Did another 32 miles through the bush today.

I see your pup snow was in snow camo lol 

• Like 1

what a wet year!!  I was still axle deep in water in several places in my back woods yesterday...and the ground is so muddy/slushy...the wife got spun stuck in the golf cart despite some aggressive tread on that rig....had to tow her out...she was embarrassed, but it happens....love my ol Fourtrax

• Like 3

Yesterday.  Took the cover off and put the battery in.  Went for a short ride. 

I had to move it as a neighbor brought his tractor over so my other neighbor could spread out a pile of gravel I have in my back yard for more parking. 

I worked on the Jeep.  New transfer case and front diff fluid.  It was nice and sunny yesterday and got up to 46.  Not bad working outside. 

I need the gravel spread out for more parking for the Jeep, the atv and a trailer to haul the atv.  Once all the fluids are done on the Jeep I can go and buy the trailer.  Then plan a trip to some nearby trails.  No more just riding into the mountains from the house.

All snow is gone in the valley, where everyone lives.  Still snow on the mountain tops.  Warmer weather scheduled for next weekend.

dc

Edited by David13
  • Like 4

Saturday I got miffed at the wife, so I declared I was going outside to work.  Wife said "Fine, take the kid with you" so I went out and replaced a headlight bulb on the teenager's 2011 Mazda 5 (which requires removing the wheel well liner to access the bulb).  While I did that, the 18 month old proceeded to find the biggest mud puddle in the yard, and slosh through it a few times.  Since she was already muddy at that point, when I finished with the headlight, I put her on the Foreman and we went for a ride for a bit.  Couldn't go far as I wasn't comfortable crossing a couple of bigger ditches with her with me, but we cruised around for a bit before going home and getting cleaned up.

Yesterday afternoon I pulled the Rubicon with the "pulling back and forth" symptom out and tore down the front end.  As some of you might recall, this one had a bad yanking back and forth while driving.  I replaced the right CV thinking that might be the problem, and it didn't solve anything.  Thinking it might be a bad bearing, I decided to swap knuckles out.   Got the right side done, and then when I looked at the left, I discovered that the CV on the left axle had a tear in it that I missed before.  Went ahead and swapped out the left CV along with the knuckle and put in a different upper A-arm with new bushings and a grease zerk added while I was at it.  I also discovered that what I thought were loose tie rod ends was actually the nut on the steering stem loosened up a bit, so I got it tightened back down and that tightened up the steering substantially. 

Started raining cats and dogs while I was finishing up, so didn't have a chance to try it out yet.  I got soaked but I got it all back together.

• Like 5

Yep!  The dang cotter pin is a good 1/4" below the nut, so it doesn't really keep it from backing off.  Kind of a PITA to get to too.  I put some extra oomph it in this time.  Hopefully it won't back off again.

Of course, the one on the other end just can't be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got home this morning from our hunting shack trip. Put about 110 miles on the machines. Here's a few pics. I also cleared a 140 yard shooting range through the woods. Can sit under the rear cabin awning and shoot. That's my buddy on his '98 Foreman.IMG_20210301_130844434_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210228_135452531.jpg

IMG_20210228_134633897_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210228_133148712_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210227_165431375.jpg

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, PROV said:

Got home this morning from our hunting shack trip. Put about 110 miles on the machines. Here's a few pics. I also cleared a 140 yard shooting range through the woods. Can sit under the rear cabin awning and shoot. That's my buddy on his '98 Foreman.IMG_20210301_130844434_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210228_135452531.jpg

IMG_20210228_134633897_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210228_133148712_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210227_165431375.jpg

looks y'all had a great time, and the little pup, i see resting up on the couch ? 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

looks y'all had a great time, and the little pup, i see resting up on the couch ? 

Yeah, it was great. My little dog likes to do everything with me. If it's too cold she has to stay home and pouts the whole time I'm gone. When we get done doing whatever she craps out on the couch.

• Like 2

You're livin' a good life over yonder PROV!

• Like 4