dearchristopher

What did you do with your atv today?

I'm trying. Never know when you won't be able to do it anymore.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PROV said:

I'm trying. Never know when you won't be able to do it anymore.

I think about that all the time , think " this weekend could be my last ride " ------   speaking of that , my buddies' wife's aunt was 62 , in great health , no problems , got the corvid shot this past Sunday and died yesterday on Monday ----  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

sorry to hear About that fish, i was talking to my Robert, told him i wasn't getting the shot, no way no how. that's all I'm saying about covid. 

• Like 3

Started up my 02 Rancher ES but it wouldn’t shift.😤 Put a new battery in it and fully mission capable now.
Last time I changed it ...

29B67B67-3B6F-4AF4-BD5C-A4E44AE65D95.jpeg

• Like 2

I last changed battery on that quad in October 2017

B0A8AC43-D31A-4E91-96C7-3E2299F699D1.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 4

Back at hunting camp for a few days again. Plowed it with the Ruby yesterday, gonna hit 50 degrees today. Gonna do some riding and shooting.

• Like 5

I’ve been fighting setting the float on this plow; the big pumpkin on this axle really complicated things 

3E09E47D-B575-44C3-A20F-DD5CAC2CE7E1.jpeg

• Like 3

Went over in the Jeep and bought a 6 x 8 trailer, wood floor, with 4' ramp at the back.

This will haul my Rancher 420 to the many, or some of, the many mountain trails around here.

Snow and rain today.  Snow season not quite over with yet.  Then comes mud season.  Then dry mostly all summer.

And when all the good riding is.

dc

• Like 3

On February 25, 2021 at 9:26 AM, 56Sierra said:

The Blacks have a slightly shorter wingspan and of course the black instead of red heads.  The red heads get fed coon on a regular basis on the southeast edge of my property. 😉

i saw two going after one Dennis new born calfs the moma cows first calf, she didnt know what to do, which is kind of a standard with 1st calf heifers so.... i plugged those two, went to see if the calf was okay, and like always, lol the moma didn't care for me being around  her new calf. 

• Like 2

@Gooberwhat are those two weather proof toggle switches for on the back of the steering stem light housing ? high, and low beam ? i just noticed those a few minutes ago. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

45 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@Gooberwhat are those two weather proof toggle switches for on the back of the steering stem light housing ? high, and low beam ? i just noticed those a few minutes ago. 

The dealer must have done that; switches were already there from new. Nothing ever wired to them. Thought i might use them someday.

• Thanks 1

i thought maybe they for high low beam, or to turn those led pods mounted on the front off, and on, just glad the dealer didnt hack into the oem wire harness. 

• Like 1

Was riding up at camp. Tried to cross a beaver run by a dam. Ice was plenty thick but the water dropped a foot since it froze. Ice collapsed so I backed out.

20210313_165516.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Hah! Been there. Love the stuffed teddy bear thingy in the back.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Tim-ANC said:

Hah! Been there. Love the stuffed teddy bear thingy in the back.

That’s his riding pupper 

• Thanks 1

That dog goes almost everywhere with me. She loves riding and isn't scared of anything.

• Like 1

Well, yesterday i took the wheeler around the yard for a bit after putting some tire sealant spray in a tire, have to wait a few days or a week to see if it worked 😮

You can get savant/ strong made metal footguards, but then you'll need to buy the flaps to go with them (the footshift 450's didn't have floorboards, just flaps and pegs, so you'd need footshift 450 flaps).

Were it me I'd just get replacement floorboards.  They hold up ok for what they are, and if you go with metal floorboards you'll have to buy new flaps anyway.

These floorboards on the 450 are for a 300 , did a little modification on the mounts , added some angle brackets to tuck in the fender flares after cutting them down some 

fullsizeoutput_964.jpeg

IMG_8286.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

You can get savant/ strong made metal footguards, but then you'll need to buy the flaps to go with them (the footshift 450's didn't have floorboards, just flaps and pegs, so you'd need footshift 450 flaps).

Were it me I'd just get replacement floorboards.  They hold up ok for what they are, and if you go with metal floorboards you'll have to buy new flaps anyway.

yah, maybe getting replacement boards is the best approach. 

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

These floorboards on the 450 are for a 300 , did a little modification on the mounts , added some angle brackets to tuck in the fender flares after cutting them down some 

fullsizeoutput_964.jpeg

IMG_8286.JPG

I do like that idea. May get the feet a bit dirtier but maybe these could be found fairly cheap in classifieds. 

• Like 1

Needed a third hand getting the lower contol arm/ball joint separated on my Xterra. Nissan uses a pinch bolt setup on the lower ball joint. Had to holed the spindle away from the vehicle far enough to let the cv joint move inboard to open up clearance(lacked by literally a 1/4". Good job Nissan). So since kid wasn't home and wife was asleep...I used the winch on the 450 to hold the spindle while I got it back together. Worked like a charm.

image.png

• Like 6

my old 300 saw duty over the Easter weekend...pulling the small wagon with tent, fire pit wood, chairs, tables, etc to setup the "camp out" that good Friday that my twin grandaughters and their cousins wanted as part of their 8th birthday.

my oldest grandson had his dad bring his ATV over and that gave us another rig for everyone to enjoy some trail fun out back. other than that, the bike has seen a little saddle time most every day this past week, just cause.

• Like 5

Was off work Tuesday, took the mini-me on a ride to check things out.

I really need to get the beaver dam blown and get this water out before the lily pads get too thick.  I need to get some millet planted in the hole this year so I can hopefully get some ducks back.

Cora.jpeg

• Like 7

Bought a couple oil filters yesterday. 1 extra to have on hand.. Now to make the time to change the oil!

• Like 2

Replaced a damaged boot, changed oil in differentials, new spark plug and valve adjustment. 

• Like 1