dearchristopher

What did you do with your atv today?

12 hours ago, sublime68charger said:

They are nice I have a 2000 Honda Recon that has a Moose utilities bolt on Hand shifter on it.

I have an assortment of Mooseand homemade on  my other 300s and 450s atvs , Moose  come in  two length , I have both and like it both ways >>>>  I kind of copied their design , not totally , did not want to infringe on copyrights ,LOL 

• Like 2

I can add i have the long one... As fish does and i love mine....(I'm talking shift lever) ....... Used it when i was having bad back issues... And it helped... Now it's on the shelf ... Hopefully never to be used for the 1st reason i got it..... I wouldn't sell it for three times the stock price! Hey! One for the 300 you got in Texas would be a nice add.... @sublime68charger

The wife said she would ride her 2wd red 300 this weekend for a party we having  , but she did not want to ride her pink 4wd 300 which was ready to go cause it is too hard on her , she been saying that for a while , so I pulled the red one out of hibernation , dead battery  , dumped and flushed the tank, started it up on the bottle and it wouldn't idle , 3 hour soaked and then cleaned the carb , not as good as a @Goober carb clean job , but it runs good now

Stuck a new Die Hard battery  in it , on the old Duracell the guy said  was from 2016 , the guy was telling me one is made in Vietnam and the other in the USA he can tell by the color , grey ( older style with heavy duty post )  or black ( newer / regular post )  , I forgot already which one is madein the USA , the price was going to be $160 with the tax at Battery and Bulbs , they went up from $120 last time I bought one , it had a two year warranty which was about 4 years out of warranty , so I left that new  one sitting on their counter and went and bought a Die Hard , came out to $120 with a one year warranty thru Discount Auto  --- 

Checked the oil levels , went and picked up a new air filter from Honda , washed the bike , aired the tires , checked the lights  , this 1999 red 300 is

a very smooth riding atv , it is mostly the best shifting 300 I got 

I am kind of glad the wife likes the 2wd better , cause i always wanted a black 300 , see you later Pinky

1999 300 2wd , 250 Big Red rear end , 2 inches of lift , 26 Dirt Devils , 2inch spacers rear , 1 inch spacers front , disc brake conversion , snorkeled , 250 cam and chain 

53MSDOElQZWWcGpeGT709w.jpg

6xk4Yke+RbWdtQ3VhEJA%w.jpg

btM%czGzRnu39vMm%p5lLQ.jpg

aa83bmqiTReQPlxTyqLL9w.jpg

WirVPq1WSVWqJit+HsSZNQ.jpg

• Like 5

I had a 98 300 part bike laying  , the frame was cracked / separated in two places  by the swing arm pivots , so I have been stripping off the good parts and noticed it had a winch mount welded to the frame , I have a winch laying around , so I was able to cut if off with a sawsall and a side grinder, then cut a couple of plates , plan on putting together a winch mount that will attach with u-bolts on the top and nuts and bolts on the bottom and not be welded to frame ( not a fan of welding on the frame ) ---- don't look like much right now , but I see potential 

fullsizeoutput_10c5.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh yea , wanted to post this , went to Honda dealership in Slidell yesterday , they are getting big , they even have Winnebago trailer now , along with , just  to name a few , Harley Davidson , Can-Am , Polaris  Honda , and Yamaha ( that Kodiak 700 is a fine ATV )  ---- their Service Manager is friends with my friend and has been supposed to go riding with us for a couple of months now , but his atv is broken , sounds like something I am doing ----- go figure ---  (LOL) 

But anyway , whilst picking up a air cleaner I noticed this sign ---- WOW >>>>  $139 per hour now days for service ---so when you are working on your own stuff you are saving money 

fullsizeoutput_10c6.jpeg

• Like 2

Yeah our Honda shop lists labor by the half hour.

I bought a xerox for our dep’t for $14K —free supplies forever, 4 year warranty. Ran 7 years with no problems. It started hiccuping. the xerox repair was $650 an hour, in 15-minute increments, with a minimum charge. I loved that xerox but it is no longer compatible with our domain so i parked it and got an HP.

btw i like how you’re wrenching on your rigs. Maybe i should run mine today; sposda be 50s

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Yeah our Honda shop lists labor by the half hour.

I bought a xerox for our dep’t for $14K —free supplies forever, 4 year warranty. Ran 7 years with no problems. It started hiccuping. the xerox repair was $650 an hour, in 15-minute increments, with a minimum charge. I loved that xerox but it is no longer compatible with our domain so i parked it and got an HP.

btw i like how you’re wrenching on your rigs. Maybe i should run mine today; sposda be 50s

I just called my son in law.  He works for a copy service company.  Told him your story. He was shocked. He said they charge $165 per hour  

Feels good getting the fleet back in shape.  Planning some big rides this year.  We have been making some new dry and easy trails for my grand daughters Yamaha 

Was prepping the 2wd fleet yesterday , for a ride today , red , blue and green and the green 300 wasn't idling too good , snowballed, so I pulled the green tank and dumped it , the inside the tank is not too clean , so I dug up another tank , but it is red , pulled the carb and did a quick clean with an aerosol can , the idle jet was plugged up , cranked it up on the bottle and she sounded fine , so I wet sanded the red tank  with some 600 and it is good enough for paint , it was Rustoleum Camo Forest Green , I was out of that paint and the guy at the HomeDepot closest to me said they are not getting it any more , so I had to go to the other side of town and sure enough that store had some , 2 cans left , bought both, but did not have the weather or the time to paint it , so it is riding Christmas colors today Red / Green ---- it is amazing how each one of the three have their own feel 

zEryZ4%CTyGh5Theo9N6tg.jpg

8f7Q+xZDTlivetpWFb8Z3g.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Was prepping the 2wd fleet yesterday , for a ride today , red , blue and green and the green 300 wasn't idling too good , snowballed, so I pulled the green tank and dumped it , the inside the tank is not too clean , so I dug up another tank , but it is red , pulled the carb and did a quick clean with an aerosol can , the idle jet was plugged up , cranked it up on the bottle and she sounded fine , so I wet sanded the red tank  with some 600 and it is good enough for paint , it was Rustoleum Camo Forest Green , I was out of that paint and the guy at the HomeDepot closest to me said they are not getting it any more , so I had to go to the other side of town and sure enough that store had some , 2 cans left , bought both, but did not have the weather or the time to paint it , so it is riding Christmas colors today Red / Green ---- it is amazing how each one of the three have their own feel 

zEryZ4%CTyGh5Theo9N6tg.jpg

8f7Q+xZDTlivetpWFb8Z3g.jpg

I have two trx 420's and they have their own feel too! Ha Ha. One has many more hours on it so the seat has a soft spot the size of my butt and it was wrecked hard once into a rocky creek and has never steered the same since.

• Like 1

First pic , finished a hook on the 250 BR rear end on the blue 300 , painted it black , don't have a pic of the finished product 

2nd pic and 3rd pic  started fabbing a receiver hitch for the 99 red 300 from stuff laying around 

4th pic primed , then painted the tank for the green 300 , weather was great today for painting , 74 degrees , no rain and no wind 

NXCNkZ2rT9erCaKgU10jLA.jpg

FUvQbYDpTzSfSH2uzAYVSg.jpg

Bck0M2suT0ePNDytdSlTIA.jpg

FK8HTasbRkmjhOKFtuwVUw.jpg

This red 300 has a winch package in it , you can see the control box on the left side the steering shaft , I hear it clicking but no voltage to the wires , so while I got the fuel tank off to look at the winch controller , I am going to paint it 

This 300 is running great but needs some brake work , it has disc on the front , but the master cylinder lever is frozen  ,   and the rear foot pedal is frozen 

Still need to weld up the rear hitch 

KRLnwBsXSFKEp2T696I6Dg.jpg

4QgY+VGjTYOTaJcLy1vklg.jpg

23 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

4O+AYw4iRRmNz37%eIy9fw.jpg

L8igZiYaSB+B5j5MiSXlcw.jpg

That green is pretty close to the rear fender.  If you could get it in semi gloss it'd be a great match

• Like 1

I stacked things on and against my ATV today.  We are redoing a room over our garage and had to take things out of it.  My atv sits in the middle of my garage so I can generate calls to the HOA riding it around on the streets when it snows.  For a few days I have boxes stacked on it and new doors leaning against it.

THAT'S what I did to my atv today.

• Haha 4

I need to get a gander at @basfnb's 125 he left for me to fix.  Pretty sure his subtransmission bit the dust. 

I threw my back out Monday morning trying to take a 30 year old tire off of a factory Jeep wheel, so might be a bit before I'm back to wrenching.  I hate getting old.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sublime68charger said:

20230119_081751.jpg

Love them rims !!!

Finally got some wrench time yesterday.

Got the oil screen installed and the back cover put on the Rubicon engine I’ve been working on.  That one will have to be set aside until I get my cylinders back from my machinist guy.

Then I went out and tried to finish up my 09 that has been sitting at the end of the driveway for several months. I rebuilt the engine and installed a 15% gear reduction in this one. I had it more or less done but yesterday I had to install the skid plates, and I put a bent up bumper on this one along with that aftermarket brush buster.  Took me quite a while with a big long railroad prybar to get everything bent around to fit.

since I have a couple of these to fix and flip I have started using the iffy looking but still functional stuff on my own machines, and I will save the nice looking stuff for the ones I am going to try to sell.

With the way I use these out on the farm if I take an immaculate looking machine out there it will not look immaculate for very long, so as long as the parts aren’t too bad I use them on my own stuff, save the pretty stuff to sell.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

That Iffy stuff you posted about ? I think it's in the general thread.... If I'm on track.... How's it working so far ? 

Fenders with snorkels are a red flag, so I snorkeled mine and used the uncut fenders on the flips.  Holes, scratches, minor cracks.  Nothing bad, just stuff that isn’t terrible but would detract if one were trying to sell a machine.

D1D00F68-1C69-458D-81B6-D77C9347FC89.jpeg

• Like 1

used the 200sx to pull little trailer down to my wood land wood cutting spot and made some improvements to my wood cutting deck.

Having chains on the back is a must for winter traction.

Honda 200SX with Trailer.jpg

• Like 1

On January 22, 2023 at 6:47 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Fenders with snorkels are a red flag, so I snorkeled mine and used the uncut fenders on the flips.  Holes, scratches, minor cracks.  Nothing bad, just stuff that isn’t terrible but would detract if one were trying to sell a machine.

D1D00F68-1C69-458D-81B6-D77C9347FC89.jpeg

Just spitt balling...... An idea.... Have you ever used any adhesive from bob smith industries ? I have in  the past.... Stuff is good stuff, but DON'T !! get that goop on your skin ... Cause it will glue you to what ever you handle... They make several deferent types... I've never seen this stuff fade plastics, and it doesn't act like model glue (devolves plastic to a degree) might check it out.... I've used just about everything out there goop, shoe goo, devcon, e6000, duco, barg, gorilla glue, b-7000, i haven't used that new stuff from flex seal.... But the bobs beats all those listed hands down, and  you don't even need to store the stuff in a  fridge or cold place ... Like some of those ^^^ that tend to cure in  the bottle... You know like what that aggravating silicon will do sometimes. Out of all those I've used b-7000, and goop seem to hold best.. But NOT even a contender compared to bobs. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Oh I've done that to.... Pull the ol frankystine deal.... To be honest... I handle that stuff gently as if i was handling nitroglycerin ..... And yeah... Before you ask I've glued my fingers with that concoction .... Sigh.... I don t know if this test is manipulated some because the item being tested doesn't seem to be moved ... (Clamp stays in the same place) ..... 

Edited: 

Edited by _Wilson_™