dearchristopher

What did you do with your atv today?

Used the atv to move the old outhouse that is now the wife's garden storage shed,  Have chicken coop in the front house yard that is going where the outhouse was so it got moved.  the ATV just didn't have the weight to pull with out spinning the tires and the old outhouse is not a back up and yank type of move it need tender care or I'll have to rebuild it again.  so anchor the ATV to the truck and use the rear winch to inch the outhouse into its new spot.

IMG_0486.JPG

• Like 1

you folks are keeping busy! 

I got my giant pile of 60/40 spread all over the yard. my atv put in a ton of work, and it wouldn’t have been possible had I not had it. 

I ended up abandoning my wooden drag I built in favor of loading the cart with cinderblocks and putting it in the dump position. the little trailer is nearly rusted out, but didn’t complain about the 70+ loads of dirt I ran with it. after dragging it purposely across the dirt I figured it would break but I still seem to be stuck with it. i’m impressed. 

im glad this backbreaking work is over. 14 yards of dirt is a lot to move with a shovel and a yard trailer. 

4E3C230F-0E1C-46A4-A7A1-A8F062BF6C39.jpeg

F85C79AD-B891-4988-B0B0-173DB48E3B95.jpeg

77D7B4BF-7F3E-43C7-B711-9808BF45599D.jpeg

188A3EFE-0C49-46B0-B55A-9B2E66494304.jpeg

0EE09B15-4C4F-45FE-BA72-ABBFF5B61F37.jpeg

A32DA0A0-74DF-48B8-A629-63FE26CEF084.jpeg

241C2D7E-65F0-4650-858C-4E466823E825.jpeg

1726DABA-C70C-4C93-B07B-CDF36E4C7A9E.jpeg

DF9B4C78-4CAC-415A-B5F5-C89E0FD1E6A0.jpeg

5591ECEE-7F20-4C70-B436-ABE73314ED23.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sublime68charger said:

impressive to get that much dirt moved with just a little trailer like what you have that is alot of shoveling!

my arms may fall off 

• Haha 1

Yesterday I went home from work early since we didn’t have power. Manage to go through the head for the kid’s  350 rancher. This thing was in rough shape. Had some metal flakes/chunks in between the intake valve and the seat, what felt like sandy paste all up in the intake and exhaust ports, and valves had all kinds of buildup on them. 

Dunked head in the parts washer and cleaned it up good, ground valve seats and valves, put in new valve stem seals, I got it put back together

B3D39BF7-9656-43DC-ADC8-236348144FA2.jpeg

E42F8F80-0D6E-4CE0-9DF7-E4072EC39A92.jpeg

• Like 2

My work Foreman keeps pulling the battery down when parked; since I don’t wrench on my work quads i need to check with the mech—

I’ll start with a records review. what did he do to it last time? Winch contactor? Hmmm

Drained all the oil out of my Rubicon to do a oil change and took the oil filter off only to realize my oil order that arrived yesterday had no oil filter in it.  After investigating I found out it is back ordered and wont arrive for another 2-3 weeks. So I let the filter drain for awhile and completed the oil change reusing the old filter. There was 137 miles And 11 months on my oil & filter, does anyone think this is a bad thing to reuse the old filter and leave it in for another year?

Well, you are kinda at a cross road. I would put the filter back in and add the oil.  When the new filter comes in just swap it out. Unless there was an engine problem I wouldn't see a problem with it.  

I did put it back in and added the oil. If I just remove the filter to swap it later would I lose all of the oil or just whats in the filter cover?

14 hours ago, 01RUBY500 said:

I did put it back in and added the oil. If I just remove the filter to swap it later would I lose all of the oil or just whats in the filter cover?

If you only had 137 miles on it I'd leave it in there.   It hasn't filtered much oil in that time.

• Thanks 1

Today I took the bike out for a short ride and managed to break through the ice on the beaver dam, water  wasn't deep ice and snow was thicker than the water was deep, winched myself out and then had to go back through it to get home, wife was scared but I didn't mind breaking through, I knew it wasn't deep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used mine to pull up a bunch of fencing, farm equipment parts, old sewer pipe, kids wagon etc. that somebody buried in the woods behind my garage years ago before I bought it. Fender had a 1969 license plate attached to it. A couple days ago I pulled out this big sign that I saw a bit of sticking up.

IMG_20200413_141158525.jpg

• Like 3

Got mine running again! Thanks to the help from this forum.... It might not be much to look at but it does what I need it to do

BEC71E96-448A-4617-A8C5-7F3B705E45D7.jpeg

F019C2B9-4237-433D-A5C0-28A30E608964.jpeg

• Like 5

Where are you located Wampus?  I've got some rear fenders that are rough, but more than what you have there.  Don't want to ship them, but if you're anywhere close you can have one.

• Like 1

This weekend I got the kid's 350 Rancher motor installed back in her machine.  It would start and idle, but the overflow was pouring out gas, and when I tried to give it gas it would die. 

I have the carb soaking in Berrymans, and went ahead and ordered a new OEM carb too.  I'm ready for her to be able to ride this thing and these 350 Rancher carbs have been giving me fits for as long as I've messed with them.  A new OEM carb was $150 so I bit the bullet and ordered one.

I also got the yellow Foreman I picked up last fall finished up.  Got an extra front bumper and rack I had put on, along with a new nosecone.  New rear brake cable and shoes (suprisingly, the rear brake cam etc all worked smoothly, just needed new brake shoes and a new cable), and got the front and rear diffs flushed out and filled with fresh gear oil.   Polished the meter up with some 80, then 150, then 400, then 1500, then 3000 grit, then polishing compound and a sealer from a headlight restoration kit.  It polished up nice.

This was a one owner bike, and was in really good shape other than the motor.  I rebuilt the engine, upgraded first gear to the stronger 09-11 style.  Other than that it just needed some minor tweaking and it's ready to ride.

Listed that one at $2750.  Will see what I can get out of it.

yellow.jpg

yellow2.JPG

yellow3.JPG

yellow4.JPG

• Like 4

Gregg Krentials has plastics for that 350 , I seen them on his Facebook page recently , think he has red and a set of blue too !!! , I never paid attention to price , but knowing Gregg he is going to want a lot , usually everything he has is nice and a lot , I'd would bet at least $500 for the set 

• Like 2

I sold this 96 300 2wd yesterday , not the prettiest ,  it has a 250 rear end ,  disc brake conversion  in the front ( no longer available ) , starts first push of the button , no smoke , brakes work front and rear , good battery ,  got $1,000 for it , gave him another rear rack , a set of new  front wheel bearings and brake pads ---- missing the kick start cover  

myV3efCNSB+F2TpnWOswug.jpg

• Like 2

Hauled some wood out of the woodland.

have to get towed up a big hill with just one quad I run out of traction and spin out on the smal rocks.

bungee tow rope rated for 17,000 pounds works pretty good not the shock loading you get from using a chain.

most times trailer is fuller this was a small load at end of the day.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Where are you located Wampus?  I've got some rear fenders that are rough, but more than what you have there.  Don't want to ship them, but if you're anywhere close you can have one.

I’m in central mn

1 hour ago, Wampus_cat said:

I’m in central mn

on your way to jeeps, swing by here, i'll give ya the front fenders, they are for a foreman, but they will work the same :-).

• Like 1