jeepwm69

Old Foreman site

I just dropped in over there and one user joined yesterday and has created 4,954 posts.   LOL

Most of these are Asian (Chinese maybe?) characters followed by the name of a school in the US.

So I googled the text (copy and paste) and it looks like they're selling fake diplomas and associated paperwork. 

The question is, why spam a US based ATV forum with such?  I just don't get it.

I was just there and saw the same thing, you beat me to it.....lol

LOL , I bet you'll both to it , posted early this morning in the  thread on this site about facebook killing forums ----really shows how much they care about the forum , they have not deleted hack post from a week ago 

I just saw your post fish.

Really sad what is going on there

Yeah I posted on there days ago, asking why they were letting this spam ruin their site? One other member hit like on my post, nothing from the admin...

They was notified of it and the future of that forum (if there will be any) is in their hands. One of the reasons I quit helping over there, they don't care.

• Like 3

I sent them ( ADMIN) a note a few days ago too, no reply-no action

Shocked- as I waded thru 9-9 pages on the Foreman 450 page and it was ALL (Chinese?) SPAM

Sad to see the Forum in a death spiral

Time to put out the invite to all to come on over here......

• Like 1

Yah I have pretty much gave up on them. It’s been 2 weeks and I have reported it 3 times also with no response. 

It would be a shame if they found the other honda site also, no mods there to stop em either......lol

1 hour ago, TBRider said:

It would be a shame if they found the other honda site also, no mods there to stop em either......lol

honda.net ?, i'm still a  mod there, and yes..i still keep an eye out there.

• Like 1

I was the last one helping them on the foreman and pioneer sites so once they lost me, they lost all the help they relied on. All they had to do was work with us, make some changes and they would have been better off. Kevin did get back to me on the pioneer site finally so I let him know about the foreman site. They might possibly clean it up for a few days.

• Like 3

With a few new members I'm going to throw out a little explanation of what makes a forum work. After about a week when spam was starting on that old forum I sent a message to both Admins on there (Feb, 28 way after I quit helping)

Your top contributor this month is a spammer with over 200 posts. The forum needs some clean up work..

On March 16 I get this reply.

Thanks for the heads up.

Looking into cleaning up the spam.

Are you interested in joining the mod team to help out?

Jeff M

March 17 I replied that I wasn't interested.

No, I left years of being on the mod team for a reason. The changes to the forum was bad enough to chase most away, loosing my ability to effectively administrate the forum that I have done for years without any issues was enough for me. I asked a few of the older members I would trust if they wanted to be a mod and the answers are always no. When people that have nothing to do with the forum make the changes and refused to tweak things to make them better it's obvious it's only just a place for them to place ads.

I just hated seeing the forum I spent many hours on keeping it going go down so fast. I'm getting better with it though so the people that know it better than me can keep it going. Unless the locked you out of the admin panel as well, this place should only take about 5 minutes to clean up at the most. The moderator one touch ban and clean tool should be able to get most depending on what all they changed with the update crap (I didn't have to do any major cleaning before I left).

As of posting this there are over 25,000 active spam posts on that forum. The spammers they did ban they did not clean up/remove any of the posts (I suppose it gives a good post count). I was also a Mod on the pioneer forum and informed the admin of the problem on HF.

Thanks for the heads up, we are trying to tackle it.

Have a great day tango_face_smile.png

~Glenda

They have a whole team of people controlling forums they have zero care for (members and the forum) and do nothing to help it out. That's why we are here, where we ALL are the bosses and take care of OUR forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I was just thinking, all those spam posts get their numbers up to make it look better for who ever is advertising with them, maybe its making them money.....

I just came back from the other site that I belonged to. It’s sad looking at all the spam contents. And nothing is being done about it. Well it’s no use in crying over spilt milk. All the great people are over on this site now. 

• Like 2

I just went there to see if anything is getting cleaned up....NOPE!  If the advertiser's were smart they would be checking the sites where they are paying for their add's and see the spam and realize no one is looking at their add's. So money wasted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1