bladams85

Fuel Range

Anyone have any info on the fuel range of an 86 TRX 350 A? My 87 Foreman 350 has a gas gauge, but the 86 does not so just curious if anyone has any info oh the range they get on a tank of fuel.

Those are always tough questions to answer since it depends on the use and terrain they are used in. The best info i can give for that machine, make sure the petcock is not on reserve when going for a long ride. My 350 doesn't get much use anymore but back in the day I could ride it hard all day and still not switch to reserve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bladams85 said:

Anyone have any info on the fuel range of an 86 TRX 350 A? My 87 Foreman 350 has a gas gauge, but the 86 does not so just curious if anyone has any info oh the range they get on a tank of fuel.

I put an odo kit on my 86; on a couple of very rough rides i got about 17-20 mpg. Steep hills; very rocky 

“your mileage may vary” LOLs 

they’re going to be close yes?

Edited by Goober

2 hours ago, Goober said:

I put an odo kit on my 86; on a couple of very rough rides i got about 17-20 mpg. Steep hills; very rocky 

“your mileage may vary” LOLs 

they’re going to be close yes?

Thanks! That helps alot! Planning a trip to the U.P. here in MI and was curious. How easy was it to add the odo to your bike? 

Unfortunately these kits are hard to find in complete condition. Sometimes you can find them used for $200. 
Here’s a pic of new one That sold recently for $400

I recommend you ensure you have a trustworthy petcock 

95FCAC2E-4F02-4827-889E-38C2A8C87D0D.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2