mrbb

question about new posts?

OK, maybe its me, but is there a easy link that you can click on, to find NEW posts and treads since your LAST time /visit to the site

like we used to have on old forum< used to be at top of page and would ONLY show new posts since your last time on site

I see this has a activity option, but don't see where it just shows new post since last visit, as an option?

I used to find that handy

maybe I am alone, or Maybe there is one and I am missing it LOL

so if anyone can  let me know, that would be great!

• Like 2

I have looked also don't see one but I'll bet retro or toodeep can activate an option for that in their settings...

I know what you want (I used it all the time also) but I haven't looked for it yet. It might be something @retro looked into though. For the time being on the home page if you click on the box closest to the "start new topic" it will change the view to show only new posts. The little bell up at the right top will also show that but it also shows activity. On the right side when on the home it shows recent topics but if you get into a forum section it will show recent posts. A couple work arounds while we look into it.

@toodeep thanks for the info, that will work to check newer posts, when retro gets some time maybe he has seen a setting to program a new post button

Yeah its easy, you create activity streams customized to display unread content according to your preferences. Those Streams remain persistent until you edit or delete them.

• Click on Activity >> My Activity Streams >> Create New Stream

preview25.thumb.png.bd7e60b9cd4ad5c0861e37f77d4b6df3.png

• Type in the Name for your Stream then configure from the available search criteria how you want your data Stream displayed.

preview26.thumb.png.fd607bdd13d52e84101fd834328988ba.png

• Save it. Then go back to the Activity menu to find your saved search Stream.

• preview27.thumb.png.0623100d3e50e2c798aa6676d27700ae.png

• This next example provides all Unread content submitted during the last 48 hours. You can choose Unread content by number of Hours, Days or Weeks.

preview30.thumb.png.68e0996d0fab06482655bceeb26123d2.png

• Now there are two search Streams to choose from in the Activity menu

preview29.thumb.png.5df57f5f8da8b88da844550b46cd9ae3.png

Create as many Streams as you like configured exactly how you want each of them to display.

Hope this helps? If not ya got every right to call me Cricket. 🙂

• Like 1

If you want those custom Streams pre-defined and available globally for everyone? Y'all open a thread in your Members forum and decide exactly what you want and I'll try to add them to the menubar for ya. No promises though... I'm a rookie.

• Like 1

I do the same exact thing as mac. It shows you the new posts in order from most recent activity to least recent.

To refresh the page i use the 3 dashes in upper right corner. And select forums in the drop down box.

• Like 1

OK thanks guys

and Retro, I know I would rather it just be a click to find than all them other steps you showed me

I just found that option on many other sites and got used to it I guess, maybe others agree, maybe not

but I vote to have it added to the site if possible

if not,  I can live without it as well I guess! 

• Like 1

I'll look into adding those pre-defined options to the Menubar when I find some free time @mrbb. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, retro said:

I'll look into adding those pre-defined options to the Menubar when I find some free time @mrbb. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

no problem, as I said, I just find it easier to find new things every time I am on, and maybe others would too, or use it like I did!

never hurts to ask I say! LOL

16 hours ago, mrbb said:

OK thanks guys

and Retro, I know I would rather it just be a click to find than all them other steps you showed me

I just found that option on many other sites and got used to it I guess, maybe others agree, maybe not

but I vote to have it added to the site if possible

if not,  I can live without it as well I guess! 

Well, I checked and there is no way that I can create those shortcut searches globally. It only takes ya 5 minutes to add them yourself though. No point in going without them if you want them.

This software provides a lot of flexibility to users for customization. Not like the old stuff where everyone was stuck with the same crappy non-options. 🙂

Tutorial continued in the next post..

Once you have defined all of your desired Unread searches, click on the one that you'd like to have as your default shortcut. Along the top of the page you'll see three icons. Those allow you to edit the Title, Delete that search, or set as your Default view shortcut.

streams.thumb.png.d7ebf27939502fc4769d2147e041752b.png

Click on "Set as your default stream". A shortcut will then be added to the upper-right and lower-right of every forum view page. So everytime you visit ATV Honda thereafter, simply click on your default shortcut link to browse all Unread content that you have defined.

streams1.thumb.png.16f2a25f0e2171db7f304fdd3192e990.png

Cool huh? You are the one that you've been waiting for... have fun with it! 🙂

I must be lucky , cause I never did any kind of setting up and it all seems perfect for me , I hit the " activity tab " and then hit "activity all tab " and it shows me every post , like , reply , pic download that has happened ----- while I am reading a thread , if someone post , replies , likes , downloads a pic , it flashes a box at the bottom of the page with the persons name , and the first sentence of what happened or was said ---- all of you'll are not seeing that ???  I wonder if that could be tied in to my messenger service , I thought it was part of this new site 

8 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

while I am reading a thread , if someone post , replies , likes , downloads a pic , it flashes a box at the bottom of the page with the persons name , and the first sentence of what happened or was said ---- all of you'll are not seeing that ???  I wonder if that could be tied in to my messenger service , I thought it was part of this new site 

Those are all features of the software. Everyone should be experiencing the same...? Also if a person is typing out a post in a thread and another member submits a post, that new post should appear above your editor while you are typing.

We will be looking at more plugin options as time goes on which add more useful features.

• Like 1

I just added "Unread Since Last Visit" and "Unread Last Two Days" to the Activity menu. Will someone please test those for me?

They both work but show all activity (showed me adding to members map). Every post in the same thread is listed separately so the list can get long. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, toodeep said:

They both work but show all activity (showed me adding to members map). Every post in the same thread is listed separately so the list can get long. 

yeah, that;s sort of a lot to sift thru from last log on depending how log its been

the old set up, was more efficient or better IMO
 it only shows treads that had been added/added too, and  NOT every single post made since

• Like 1

Those behaviors weren't intended so that means my links didn't work. Y'all gonna have to spend 2 minutes just once and make your own. :-)