Fishfiles

Fixing Equipment

there's no teling what models you can find nowa days...i wouldnt mind getting back into it myself, just can't at the moment 

i did a few, lol all glue, no snaps, i think this is the dozer, also built a drop deck 3 tandom axle, and long nose kenworth w900 for the power unit, i didn't like the engine, 3408 v-8 cat, i looked and looked for 3406 6 I'm shocked at what i knew about equitment at that age, lol, i guess i spent too much time reading truck magazines, lol i painted the breather stack on the dozer black, and exhaust manifold turbo and stack a slightly darker like it had been heated, and the blade the best color of silver i could find, the dozer i painted construction orange. i messed up with the tracks (never aged them much) drilled  a hole in the top of each 3 stacks (2) on the truck (1) on the crawler, i did a chevy wrecker, ford 4 door dauly 460 auto trans , Mack truck, dm600, and many more.... wished i had tried some planes, tanks and Williys jeep, my uncle had one he brought back from when he was in the military that was one tough machine. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

that's right, that's  why so many still keep older machines, and yet those are hard to get parts for, great post! 

• Like 1

I saw an old (early 90's) bigger 4wd JD auctioned off a few months ago.  IIRC it was up north, and it was practically new.  Apparently a farmer bought it, died soon afterwards, and it had just been sitting in the shop.

It went for the same money as a new equivalent JD tractor.  People would rather have the old ones than the new ones.

• Like 4

now you see why, so many people want the small older johndeere ford, massy, and international tractors , johndeere best years started with 10-50 series tractors, from there they went down hill, the older model had the 16 spped quad range, or power shift transmitions, mechanical shift linkage, same with the hydraulic controls, and fuel linkage then they started getting cheep,cable this, and cable that, electronic controls cumputers JUNK! now you pay more for the name, then quality, i personaly wouldn't have one, nor any other farmer around here, Kubota, is what farmers are going to, plus hanging on to those older tractors.

There is a company out of Florida , that's tied to Italy , that will sell you a set up that will get into " any " of the engine /equipment programs , it is expensive , I know a couple of people who have it , even a few of the dealerships use it , one service manager I know says he can do more with the knock off than the OEM software , but , the cost is like $6K to buy it and like $800 a year to get the updates and then there are adaptors to buy , the problem with it is , the company is in the process of being sued by   Cat , Cummins , Deere , so at any time the set up could be without updates or support 

• Like 1