Steviejim

Just signed up new to site, Hello All !

Hello there, just came on board, I have been riding and turnin my own wrench for 30 yrs, just picked up my first Rubicon 2001 TRX500FA with  just over 1k miles, awesome machine, prob sell my Polaris 2001 RSE sportsman now, love the older machines, pick em up when I can come across one with low mileage and in great shape, which aint often but there out there.

look forward to being a part of your group,

we do alot of mountain woods riding up here in northeast and the Rubicons fit the bill perfectly.

Glad to be onboard!
Steviejim 

Welcome to the forums !    I think the welcoming wagon will be along soon to greet you properly , LOL 

Welcome to ATV Honda! Got any Pics of your Rubi? 😀

Glad you found us Stevie, welcome to the gang

Thanks guys, gona throw some ride pics up little later!

hey Derf, been out there unfortunately did not have my bike with me but awesome place to do some diggin for sure.

might be back around Denver this summer !

200th member.  You win a .... extra greeting.  Hi again. 

200th member, everybody give stevie a standing ovation....

Im honored to be the one to hit the 200 mark! I assume I win a new Ruby or maybe a new truck??

LOL!  Heres a quick pic of my 01 TRX500FA picked it up for a even 2k, has 1,124 miles went through the entire bike, cleaned greased all system connections, changed all fluids, waiting for new tires to arrive I always put Tire guider Maxx plus on my machines, they have extra deep tread and are quiet on road, get excellent traction, and ride really smooth for deep lugs. And there reasonably priced. Have had great luck with them and they wear good. Will post pics with new tires when they arrive.

Thanks again guys for all the welcoming and I will have to add 200 to my screen name!  Just got snow last night in southern Vermont but spring is just around corner, time for some fun in the mud!! I forgot to mention I have the front racks off for a couple new coats of black powder coat on them, they had some rusting started.

C37B5B55-637C-4B6E-BC01-501CEEE4F9EB.jpeg

Edited by Steviejim
Forgot to include something
  • Like 2

Welcome Steviejim,

Another Mountain rider here from Montana, like to see some of your pics. Always curious as to what other areas of the country look like.

Hey Flyer, i will post some from our next ride out, we will be heading to the tops as soon as it dries up a little more and i will get some good terrain pics on some hills, crossings, and mountain tops, try to throw some video up on the hill climbs we encounter around here!

That'd be great!  We are pretty spoiled out here. Lots of winding, climbing and meandering through the trees to get to some amazing views. Unfortunately our riding season wont start til the middle of June. Altitude and snow pack keep us off the trails. Forest service does a great job of regulating traffic so they dont get torn up. Looking forward to your pics. 

On 3/16/2020 at 6:06 AM, Steviejim said:

Hello there, just came on board, I have been riding and turnin my own wrench for 30 yrs, just picked up my first Rubicon 2001 TRX500FA with  just over 1k miles, awesome machine, prob sell my Polaris 2001 RSE sportsman now, love the older machines, pick em up when I can come across one with low mileage and in great shape, which aint often but there out there.

look forward to being a part of your group,

we do alot of mountain woods riding up here in northeast and the Rubicons fit the bill perfectly.

Glad to be onboard!
Steviejim 

Welcome, I also have the same 2001 Rubicon.  Yours looks great, I like the color, wish mine was green. Only 1700 miles on mine.

IMG_68.jpg

Edited by 01RUBY500