bladams85

1986 TRX 350 Fourtrax

Just now, shadetree said:

that white stuff is oem factory grease they put in there from the factory.

Weird. It's like rubbery and sticky? Should I replace it? What should I replace it with? 

Just now, bladams85 said:

Weird. It's like rubbery and sticky? Should I replace it? What should I replace it with? 

clean it out, put some fresh grease back in there, does not matter what you use ?, any ole grease will do, reason: the star wheels sit in there, i only grease the star wheel threads, and where they sit on the cylinder, down inside there is not a big deal.

• Like 1

The manual mentions to use silicone grease on this shoe pivots so i used the same for the cylinders 

30883CDB-120B-4570-8210-36EFB8967D02.jpeg

when those tires eat your drive line parts ?, dont say we ( i ) did not warn you when you go trying to locate used parts ?, cuz new parts are discontinued !.

• Like 2

Are those 25? You might git some robbin on dem fenners. I luv me them OEM wheels 

here my beautiful used tires and wheels i bought for $105 at an auction 

96D63625-8D9D-4DB8-BD4D-7CBB4C1E91F7.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

Lol just kidding I‘m too stubborn to try anything non-OEM.

pretty aggressive tread pattern ya got there those are Kendas on ATP Delta wheels?

Send it !  Looking good ----   No pain , no gain !   Play hard .... If you can't run with the big dogs , stay your puppy butt on the porch and quit all the barking ----  if needed , get a second job to cover repairs , LOL  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goober said:

Lol just kidding I‘m too stubborn to try anything non-OEM.

pretty aggressive tread pattern ya got there those are Kendas on ATP Delta wheels?

YES! They are Kenda Executioner's 25-10-12 on ITP Delta's. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Send it !  Looking good ----   No pain , no gain !   Play hard .... If you can't run with the big dogs , stay your puppy butt on the porch and quit all the barking ----  if needed , get a second job to cover repairs , LOL  

Yes sir! Thank you! 

• Like 1

bladams85 , do be aware that Shade is using up all the parts for them 350s left in the world , pretty soon the only place you will find 350 parts is going to be the Smithsonian Museum --- lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

bladams85 , do be aware that Shade is using up all the parts for them 350s left in the world , pretty soon the only place you will find 350 parts is going to be the Smithsonian Museum --- lol 

and iffffff..there is a rear axle, rear diff ?, hubs ?, and anything else left out at my buds when i'm done ?, i'll make dang sure to have cat fish charge 10x's the normal cost to anyone with godzella tires !..rofl.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bladams85 said:

YES! They are Kenda Executioner's 25-10-12 on ITP Delta's. 

they gonna execute alright ?..first thing will be the rear end !..rofl.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

he gonna need 5 jobs to cover the cost of that puppy !..rofl.

• Like 2

Take heed , but don't let them Fear Moguls , Monday Morning Armchair Quarterbacks and Haters scare you , call your own plays so when you win or lose , it's all on you , I ain't going to lie I have said to myself  " Why was I so Stupid " , but have had a lot of fun being stupid  --- seen a rear window decal the other day , " Ain't Scared  " , LOL ---- might get me one made up  " Stupid can be fun " 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Take heed , but don't let them Fear Moguls , Monday Morning Armchair Quarterbacks and Haters scare you , call your own plays so when you win or lose , it's all on you , I ain't going to lie I have said to myself  " Why was I so Stupid " , but have had a lot of fun being stupid  --- seen a rear window decal the other day , " Ain't Scared  " , LOL ---- might get me one made up  " Stupid can be fun " 

my fav '' i can fix a lot of honda's...but i can't fix stupid '' !..rofl.

• Haha 1

@bladams85that quad does look good. Some car wash soap and maybe some car wax will make that thing SHINE. Just don’t rub the stickers too hard.

oh have you ridden it much?

they ride rough and not much of a shock package—you gonna feel them Executioners working on ya lol

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yup between him, goober, and duck ....  good luck... dang hoarders! ....lol!

Lol now hold on—i parted with my favorite carburetor today. That was hard for me! 

• Haha 2

Mostly done rode for the first time today and super happy with it. The tires ride very well. Just needs a wash and gonna take the rack and the black metal cover pieces like the exhaust guard, drive shaft cover and the racks etc for a sand and paint. 

IMG_20200430_165807480_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

as long as your happy ?, thats all that matters !.

• Like 2

So after a few days of riding I am super happy with the build. It pulls like a freight train through anything and has plenty of power still as well as being more stable. Next item up for resto is the 1987 TRX 350D Foreman. Can anyone tell me what the major differences are between the 86 350 and the 87 foreman? 

major ? need just a tad bit more info... the engine, and drive train, are the same ...i believe the foreman has a gas gauge detachable front light ... the sub lights are clear.. wider fender flairs ... i couldn't advise on plastic colors .... shade, retro, goober, and jeep can tell you more then i can.. as for the electrical ... 

These questions come up from time to time and its hard to remember everything, but electrically (wiring harnesses, switches, ignition components) it goes like this:

86-89 (thru 93 in Canada) all years and models can use the same spark plug, Ign coil, pulse generator and battery. But thats it.

86 & 87 TRX350 Fourtrax models have an AC-CDI ignition (a battery is not required for spark) so all ignition & electrical parts are interchangeable between those two years and thats it, with the exception of the spark plug, Ign coil, pulse generator and battery as mentioned above.

87 TRX350D Fourtrax Foreman is one of a kind. It has a unique DC-CDI ignition and all switches, wiring harness, fuse box, stator and other ignition components fit that year and model only, with the exception of the spark plug, Ign coil, pulse generator and battery as mentioned above.

88-89 (thru 93 in Canada) TRX350D Fourtrax Foreman have a revised DC-CDI ignition (added a "Revolution Research Line" circuit in the CDI) and all ignition components, switches, harness, fuse box, stator & other electrical components can be interchanged among those years only, with the exception of the spark plug, Ign coil, pulse generator and battery as mentioned above.

There were many mechanical differences and changes made among those models and years too. Anyone interested in more confusion...?

credit for this great information  ^^^^  goes to retro

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am not a 350A and D guru , Shade the guru is off on a walk about LOL ---- Goober I would think is in charge of the 350 Foreman department this weekend ---- the way I think it works is the first gen 350s were AC electrical circuits  and the 2nd gen were DC , so the electrical components of each gen are different , I think 86/87 is when the change went down