Colbybogolin

Best oil to run in 2013 Honda 420 Rancher

We sell honda GN4 for $5/qt, retail is around $6. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 57Tim said:

You are only using 2-3 quarts.  What difference does it make what it costs.  You know Honda oil is made for them with Honda specs.  Repair labor is $100/hr.  You figure it out.

Exactly, nothing but the best in my engines, car , boat, truck, atv, etc.  That's why they all have Amsoil products in them.

1 hour ago, 57Tim said:

You are only using 2-3 quarts.  What difference does it make what it costs.  You know Honda oil is made for them with Honda specs.  Repair labor is $100/hr.  You figure it out.

ever think that, just because it has the name '' honda '' on the bottle makes it better than any other wet clutch approved oil ?. i never bother reading the spec's on atv/motorcycle oil ?, but if i had to guess , i would almost bet every bottle that reads '' wet clutch approved '' has the same chemicals inside !. my .02's worth: just because it has honda GN4  or whatever on it ?, does not make it any better than mobil, castrol, supertech, or any other brand ?, what it does tell me, is its gonna cost you price wise more !. we all go by the name these days..sure..we all have '' OUR '' brand we like..this is a giv'n !. i dont care what name is on the bottle ?, what i do care about is...WAS/IS IT MADE TO DO THE JOB I NEED IT FOR, AND DESIGNED FOR ?!.

• Like 1

I use whatever JASO MA approved oil I can get the best deal on.

Right now I have some T6, some T4, and some stuff I got on wallyworld clearance,  Valvoline ATV oil ($1/quart), some Mobil 4T ($3/quart), and some Quicksilver ATV oil ($1/quart).

I feel fine using any of it, as long as I change it regularly and it's JASO MA rated.  I change mine every 500 miles.

BITOG forums (Bob Is The Oil Guy) turn into some real purse swinging when it comes to oils.  I run my equipment for decades and in my experience, changing it when it's supposed to be changed is much more important that what brand you use.

• Like 2