Freedomflyer

Wife's new Ride.

Well due to the stinking Coronavirus, the new machine 20200322_105409.jpg(2019 570 Outlander Max) that we purchased that was supposed to be delivered, wasn't.  We ended up having to go and get it this last Sunday. 560 mile round trip.  Hated wasting the day to do that but who knows what is going to happen with things in the state that they are.  And with our Liberal Governor he'll probably impose some travel regulation and not allow county to county travel or worse yet town to town. He's a Moron! So in order to ensure we get it we headed out at 6 a.m. Sunday morning, dropping off my 2018 Outlander to the people who bought it on the way to get the new machine. So that worked out nicely for them, they didn't have to drive the extra 70 miles round trip to come to the house. We had every type of typical late winter Montana weather, Snow, Rain, sleet, wind, and sunshine all the way over and back. Picked up the machine and made it back without incident. Made it the 280 miles including dropping of the other machine in 41/2 hours, did the paperwork,loaded, covered and netted the machine and took off. Would've been home by 3:00 p.m. but the wife was with and we had to stop for some shopping in one of our larger cities. And yes we did practice our social distancing. Made it home around 6:16 Sunday evening. Sitting in the garage waiting for winch, heated grips, mirror, horn, and a few other little add ons.  Wife was happy so makes my life a little easier.

20200322_105151.jpg

20200322_105246.jpg

20200322_183123.jpg

• Like 5

I couldn't help to notice and comment on your second pic where you are loading up that new Can'ny onto the truck , right there in front of you in big letters "HONDA" , you had a chance and missed it , LOL  --- nice bike , what they call that color , orangish yellow , maybe mango or tangerine 

• Haha 1

I knew I would get a comment about the Honda sign and MAY have done that on purpose LOL! Hey I did post in the Non Honda section. That dealership carries Honda,  Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha, Can am, King Fisher boats, Yamaha boats, and Sea Doo.  Amazing little dealership in a town  of 8500 people out in the middle of nowhere. The sales rep said they sell over 600 ATV's and Side x X Side's a year.   He apologized up one side and down the other For not being able to deliver it. But it wasn't his call, the owner of the business said no due to the virus spread.  Montana now has over 50 cases,  20 in our county alone. So I figured before I couldn't travel anywhere, I better go get it. 

Yeah it is a long ways to go in A-day, but growing up here you get used to having to go long distance to get anywhere in this state. Most of our major cities are a 150 miles or more apart. Before we had a Costco in Bozeman we would travel a 150 miles  one way to go to Costco and any other major shopping that we needed to do.  Part of living in a huge rural state I guess. But when the local dealership won't deal, you go elsewhere. I wasn't going to pay an additional $1900 Here in the valley, and it gave my wife and I a nice day together. 

I'm sure she will enjoy it  The best part is it's totally paid for. After wheeling and dealing for the last 4 years and my initial investment of $3200 for 1 of my 1st machines,  I only had to kick him $500 (plus fuel)  For this new one. Happy wife happy life LOL!

Fish,  the Color is just Orange. It isn't my favorite color but with the black wheels I thought it looked pretty cool. I got  it home and put the bumper that I pulled off of my 2018 on it, and with my Moose storage box on it the black of the bumper and box offset the bright color nicely.  I told my wife at least I won't lose her ;-). I like it a lot better than the yellow they used to have.

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 3

The color reminds me of LSU's color , maybe with some dark blue / purple'ish stripes and tiger stripes  , I might like it , LOL Go Tigers !!! 

Maybe one of them vintage Exxon tiger tails you use to clip to your tank cap , it is for the wife right , she can be Tiger Lady 

560 mile round trip is not even a drop in the bucket from the miles i've racked up over the years !. longest round trip i ever did was to jacksonville,fl and back in the same trip..but i was beat when i got home..lol. enjoy that bulls eye..opss  i mean can't am..opss again..can am !..rofl.

Oh I figured as much!!!!! I  could NEVER  drive as far as you!!! LOL How old were you then????  Have to remember, had the wife with me not able to go like I would if I was by myself. They don't go for those 400 mile at a time stretches. Bathroom and drink stops ALL the time. Was an easy day as far as I was concerned, just bummed it wasn't delivered. To many factors with the virus. Did drive from Anthony New Mexico to Bozeman straight through after an 18 hour day of work, 1259 miles one way. I was about 30 then. Couldn't do it now that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

Oh I figured as much!!!!! I  could NEVER  drive as far as you!!! LOL How old were you then????  Have to remember, had the wife with me not able to go like I would if I was by myself. They don't go for those 400 mile at a time stretches. Bathroom and drink stops ALL the time. Was an easy day as far as I was concerned, just bummed it wasn't delivered. To many factors with the virus. Did drive from Anthony New Mexico to Bozeman straight through after an 18 hour day of work, 1259 miles one way. I was about 30 then. Couldn't do it now that's for sure.

i think i was about 48-49 when i made that fl trip ?..maybe even older...time flies when your older now !..lol.

Well was a beautiful day here today for early Apri, 69 degrees or so took nice cruise on some country gravel roads here in the valley. Felt good to get out, cant wait to hit the trails. 

And believe it or not Shade, both Can Ams actually made it home after a 38 mile ride.  Didnt have to haul them or tow them, I got off and kissed the concrete in my driveway I was soooooo relieved we made it.

20200409_135157.jpg

20200409_164617.jpg

20200409_170353.jpg

20200409_161221.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Well was a beautiful day here today for early Apri, 69 degrees or so took nice cruise on some country gravel roads here in the valley. Felt good to get out, cant wait to hit the trails. 

And believe it or not Shade, both Can Ams actually made it home after a 38 mile ride.  Didnt have to haul them or tow them, I got off and kissed the concrete in my driveway I was soooooo relieved we made it.

20200409_135157.jpg

20200409_164617.jpg

20200409_170353.jpg

20200409_161221.jpg

it musta been down hill coming back home ?..rofl.

• Haha 1

How did you know? Coasted the last 12 miles into the driveway. Whew!!! 

However at least mine got out and moved. Like I said before,  they all last forever when you don't ride them and they sit under cover and get the dust cleaned off of them twice a year.

You should be ok riding them twice a year , they are a ride it twice , work on it once kind of atv , LOL ----that is some beautiful country , and it is nice to see some smiles !!!! 

Yeah, since we have only one more ride before I have to work on them we need to plan well. Hopefully a little better scenery next time. Shade told me he thought  it looked like it was pretty flat country. Well  since were riding country county roads in the valley, they are pretty flat. Our valley is flat and wide open, approximately 35 miles across and 35 miles long, 75% of it originally being farm land. But a lot of that being developed and built on now. Lots of beauty in the far background of the pics, pretty generic in the valley itself.

It really was great to get out, my wife enjoyed a bit of seat time on her new machine, and with all the crap going on at least there's nothing being done to shut down outside activity. I called the Forest service and asked if they had any intention of shutting trails down they said no reason to do that.  Some of the campgrounds yes but not the trails. Can't practice social distancing any better than getting out on the trails, LOL. Nice to be out together and laugh and smile, not a lot of that going on right now.

• Like 3

Ah , that's sweet , did you'll bring a bottle of wine ,  some cheese and bread ??? 

^^^ oh , when you pack that picnic feast , don't forget a tow rope , one that won't scratch up them pretty machines , LOL ^^^ 

I almost went to the dark side , a couple of years back , went into Gator in Mandeville and they had a triple black / on black / on black  Outlander 1000 that was a double up converted back to a single seater , had the extra foot pegs that could used for water wheelies , with all kinds of extras on it , man it was pretty , and pretty expensive too 

You ever look at the Can-Am ice chest that locks into the rack , pretty cool 

Looks like some nice riding weather. 

And for that kind of riding most any of the mainstream brands would probably be fine.  Only when you go full redneck like we do around here do you find that Hondas are the only brands that still runs with a quart of oil and two quarts of water in the engine.

Lol.  Even if I had a Honda I wouldn't treat it like that!!!  It would matter what brand of machine I had I wouldn't treat it like that! So far these have served us well, it's not that I don't like Conda it's just that it was not meeting our needs For 2 up riding, and I certainly was not going to buy the P word. And no I haven't looked into the Can-Am cooler I'll have to check that out.

• Haha 1

If you look at your rack there are holes on there  , that locks go into from the ice chest and secure it down , first class , have a buddy that has one , the quality of the chest is like a Yeti , very thick walls and keeps ice well , which should be a concern to you'll up there in snowville , they come in colors too 

Is that the storage box 8the cooler looks like it could possibly be a storage box, not seeing anything about wall thickness or anything.🤔

Fish, I clicked on that link,  looks like that is just a storage box.  Got online and researched the cooler, looks like it comes on gray and black, looks like a nice addition, but that's a lot of $$$ to keep my drinks cold. The one I saw was $359😬. Maybe some day.

https://www.vividracing.com/-p-152498525.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw1cX0BRBmEiwAy9tKHpLvunkgFVUULBko-L08xUZUNnl7Kopd1vNKtPwq2LySpk8TXldHDhoCMOUQAvD_BwE