Freedomflyer

Wife's new Ride.

43 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Fish, I clicked on that link,  looks like that is just a storage box.  Got online and researched the cooler, looks like it comes on gray and black, looks like a nice addition, but that's a lot of $$$ to keep my drinks cold. The one I saw was $359😬. Maybe some day.

https://www.vividracing.com/-p-152498525.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw1cX0BRBmEiwAy9tKHpLvunkgFVUULBko-L08xUZUNnl7Kopd1vNKtPwq2LySpk8TXldHDhoCMOUQAvD_BwE

Wow!! $359 lol I would use a small ice chest with either bungee or ratchet strap.

Man, I could ride in that environment all day! I will say I haven't broke down and spent yeti money on a cooler, but a good cooler is all well worth the money.

Chevymec, nice area but not not our normal riding environment. It has been a long winter and just felt good to get out. The flat country roads were better than nothing. We are used to narrow winding trails that lead up to wide open spectacular views.  70 degrees everything dry and warm, today 34 degrees and snowing and blowing. Will take another week of warm weather to dry things out again and that isn't in the immediate forecast. Looking forward to warmer days of sun shine and getting into the mountains, can never get enough.

20190810_152612.jpg

20190810_162144.jpg

20190810_163121.jpg

20181020_211327.jpg

20190810_172740.jpg

20190810_163217.jpg

• Like 3

Oh some good stuff in this thread. 😊 great looking toys!

The virus can't leave soon enough and the warm weather can't get here soon enough.  

Fish, Yep we're pretty spoiled, the area where the 4th pic was taken, is about 20 minutes or so to that trail head and is actually a fairly short round trip ride to get to that spot.  Actually there is a paved road that will take you right to the reservoir then gravel across the dam to the area where I took the pic. That reservoir is about midway through the loop. we get off of the trail onto the gravel road next to the water then it picks back up at the other end of the lake and heads back into the forest and mountains. Great ride, about 18 miles or so round trip. Am very much looking forward to spring and warmer weather and getting back out to the hills, you know, practicing the ultimate social distancing😁.

Well. We were able to get out for a real ride yesterday. Went to an area that is pretty much open year round got a bit of a late start but was great to get out. There is a 1500 ft + altitude difference between the parking and some of the higher trails. Everything was melted off and there were a few areas that had some puddles and mud also had a couple very shallow water crossings.  With all that has been going on in this world was great to get out with friends. Will dedinitely go back to this area for more riding and exploring.  150 + miles of mountainous trails running all over and interconnecting. All types of skill level, even though parking was packed once on the trails didnt see too many people. A lot of areas to camp so will definitely get out this summer for a long weekend.

20200425_135534.jpg

20200425_143205.jpg

20200425_144002.jpg

20200425_160331.jpg

20200425_164032.jpg

IMG_20200425_171034.jpg

20200425_164527.jpg

20200425_172348.jpg

20200425_173037.jpg

20200425_173430.jpg

• Like 4

What's the story on the stacked looking slabs of rock , looks Early Alien , LOL 

• Like 1

This particular area is an old abandoned rock quarry,  they cut solid granite out the rocks in the hill side for all of the surrounding county court houses back in the late 1800's - early 1900's. I think they were using  granite ou of there until the 40's. Our courthouse was built in 1935. They put in a rail system to get it out if the mountains. The old building, I am assuming, was an office for the operation while it was going strong.

20200425_160426.jpg

20200425_164517.jpg

20200425_153543.jpg

20200425_173205.jpg

• Like 5

Aliens loved granite.  Contains quartz and got electrical properties.  Better watch you’ll don’t get abducted in that area.  

Hey Freedom, Please check yo maps.. I think you is in my territory.lol Colorado 🤣 have great day.. derf

• Like 1

It certainly is similar to your part of the country. Very unique area, reminds me of the Black Hills in South Dakota. A lot of rounded house sized rocks sticking out of the hillsides and on top of the ground. Different from the valley we live in, more sharp jagged rocks that aren't nearly as big. Fun place to ride though. 

• Like 2

No work today!!!🙁

So.........Screw it!!!!!! Went Riding again, back up to the same place we went to on Saturday,  it was AWESOME!!!!!!! Middle of the week, Hardly anyone there, went exploring.  We will be hitting this place on a regular basis, was a great time with my wife.  Trail was winding up and down and around and in between huge granite boulders. One trail we took went through the trees down to Interstate 90 to a small tunnel that went under the Interstate and continued on, we stopped because the trail didn't loop through to another tunnel to get us back to the side of the interstate we started on so we decided not to explore any further today, will save it for another time. This will be a place that we will ride and explore I think for years to come, as well as share it with our friends who haven't been there.  It Was Hot!!!!! Well hot for us, it was 81 degrees today, after a low of 28 degrees last night and sleeping with the windows open it was almost miserable, thankfully we were winding through the trees which kept us in the trees a lot of the time.  Trails were so poorly marked I was a little uncertain as to where we were a couple of times but because I knew where the Interstate was, I knew what direction I needed to go so knew I would run into a familiar trail and find our way back.  Was a beautiful Day and a was one of those spur of the moment days that don't come along very often and needed to jump on it and go. We had a commitment for this evening otherwise we would've stayed out later actually doesn't get dark until about 9 now. Hope you enjoy the pics.

20200429_101000.jpg

20200429_125248.jpg

20200429_134902.jpg

20200429_135221.jpg

20200429_135558(0).jpg

20200429_140950.jpg

20200429_144206.jpg

20200429_152511.jpg

20200429_152621.jpg

20200429_152636.jpg

20200429_153002.jpg

20200429_162712.jpg

• Like 4

Wow that looks like fun,got me jealous sure which we had trails to ride like that.Hey what size trailer you have the bikes loaded on??

Fish it is a pretty cool area,  Will be even more beautiful when things start greening up, our trees are just starting to bud out. 

I didn't realize how nice this area was. We had heard a lot of rumors that it was packed in very dangerous to ride due to the amount of people. There are those individuals who have about as much common sense as a rock and fly around blind corners without thinking. So we just ride defensively they're always expecting somebody to come around the corner even though we haven't had it happen yet. One thing funny yesterday, Or maybe not so funny, came around a corner and there was  3/4 ton full size diesel pick up coming up the trail. These trails intersect  County roads and some bonehead decided he was going to see how far he could take his diesel truck. That's why areas get shut down somebody always has to screw it for everybody else.

Riverec, my trailer is a 7" X 12' 6"  I had done some wheeling and dealing with a couple of trailers that I had. Bought them did little work to them sold them for more than I paid for them then had a friend of mine give me an 8 by 10 snowmobile trailer. I cleaned that up re stained the deck  And sold it for a $1000.  I bought this trailer 1700 bucks and put 500 in my pocket.Seems to work really well. It was home made by a guy who builds them in his spare time and just likes to tinker. Even has trailer brakes.

that's some really beautiful country ! no wonder why y'all wish to keep Californians out.... lol ... I've never seen brakes on a trailor that small.... looks to have the same axle as mine .... those would come in very handy on mine for hauling firewood from some the steep areas i have to go... 

image.jpg

Yeah I was shocked they were on there and actually thought it was crazy to have them on a trailer that small but am actually glad they are on there.

This isn't even the pretty area we ride LOL very unique and interesting landscape compared to where we normally ride. Nothing we can do they just keep coming and coming.

• Like 1