Wampus_cat

Need pump bracket for 1987 foreman 350 fuel pump restoration

I bought this machine with a generic fuel pump, which seems to have quit pumping. I’m trying to replace it with a new original style pump. I can handle routing the hoses (I’m getting a new original style filter too) but I seem to be missing the mounting strap or bracket for the pump.  
I have not been coming up with one on internet part searches. Does anyone know where to find one, or happen to have a parts machine kicking around?
#Want to make it run again

B1F53C04-5C34-4627-B48B-428DCAB12B51.jpeg

43B3DDBB-C1FD-4B0A-A586-0E1A7BE9DD0F.jpeg

Yes, 3, 4, 7, 45, 48, and maybe 11. Are they available retail somewhere, or does someone want to sell off a parts machine?

Where you at with that wanna parts bike request? Nicaragua??    Member Looking.   Help ASAP. 

Those are going to be hard to locate ... I did a quick part number search on ebay and came up with one... You might drop @Manny a PM ..... Most of those parts are no longer available ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/86-HONDA-TRX350-TRX-350-FOURTRAX-FUEL-PUMP-GAS-TANK-BAND-BRACKET-HOLDER-STAY-B/382384299834?epid=3008204437&hash=item5907e15f3a:g:Vo0AAOSwpNxazVTB:sc:USPSFirstClass!37129!US!-1

I got some in'law' relatives line in Minny , personally , The NFL has made me not that fond of Minny'sota'a'rites , but I am willing to make an exception , to day , right now , as a fellow atv'er ,  confined with the Fake Corona incident on the news ,  has made me bias , so my thoughts may be off stray -- I personally  think you should think like  Mc Giver  on this one 

What exactly are you looking for , a numbers matching restoration or to get it running ??  LOL 

whats it worth to ya ?, if the price is right, i might be able to dig one up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wampus_cat said:

I bought this machine with a generic fuel pump, which seems to have quit pumping. I’m trying to replace it with a new original style pump. I can handle routing the hoses (I’m getting a new original style filter too) but I seem to be missing the mounting strap or bracket for the pump.  
I have not been coming up with one on internet part searches. Does anyone know where to find one, or happen to have a parts machine kicking around?
#Want to make it run again

B1F53C04-5C34-4627-B48B-428DCAB12B51.jpeg

43B3DDBB-C1FD-4B0A-A586-0E1A7BE9DD0F.jpeg

heres one on fleabay—great seller

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133370190947

• Like 1

gas line seems to be in a bind, between filter and pump. how duz the pump work, separately. careful when testing, spark's and gas dont play well together.

This is not exactly a number matching operation lol. Today I hooked it up with no bracket, runs great!  Filter was the wrong size but I used the old one.  Probably don’t want to try to go to far like that though. @shadetree you’d have to name your price, but I’d pay you something for it. @Fishfiles I haven’t forgot your ‘aints from 2010, but I would hope we could keep NFL and ATVS separate lol. 
I suppose I could rig up a custom strap if all else fails

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wampus_cat said:

This is not exactly a number matching operation lol. Today I hooked it up with no bracket, runs great!  Filter was the wrong size but I used the old one.  Probably don’t want to try to go to far like that though. @shadetree you’d have to name your price, but I’d pay you something for it. @Fishfiles I haven’t forgot your ‘aints from 2010, but I would hope we could keep NFL and ATVS separate lol. 
I suppose I could rig up a custom strap if all else fails

unless your in a hurry ?, give me a couple days to get back to ya, let me see if i can round the bracket up. been really busy lately on projects, just never have extra time anymore !..lol. that one on ebay would work if your in a hurry ?. all of the brackets are made the same to fit all pumps from 1986 to 1989.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wampus_cat said:

@_Wilson_™ the eBay ad appears to be half of what I need (..?)

@shadetreeI’m not in a particular hurry, let me know if something comes up conveniently enough 

thank you all for the effort!

wilson did not link ebay ad, goober did, this one ---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/133370190947?ul_noapp=true , its all there, what i dont like about it, that fuel pump sheathing looks just like the 20 dollar ones on ebay !..lol. oem from honda is not that bright blue ?, and the pump for a '86 that clean where the lines connect ?, sorry..not believing thats the oem pump !..lol.

• Like 1

and before you say...how do you know shadetree ?..well..i know just about all there is to know about these models !..lol.

• Like 1

Right .... I just did a quick search ...just one side bracket is all i located ... Shade is right goober posted the whole thing minus that filter boot ... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

That's because it's not the right fuel  pump,and filter as stated in the 1st post 

how duz the pump work, separately was what i was asking?

"which seems to have quit pumping"

seems to me means ''maybe'' as ''maybe quit working''.

if he said "definitely quit working", then the question i asked is of no matter.

just explaining my illogical reply. 🙃

i dont understand words as well as you do.

Edited by LedFTed

generic fuel pump, which seems to have quit pumping. I’m trying to replace it with a new original style pump.

The ome pumps are pulse pumps .....as for what times the electric current to cause the pulse .... You'd have to ask shade, or goober. 

as for the reason the aftermarket pump failed ... Well ... I couldn't answer that one ... But ... If i had to take WILD guess ... It's ether a continuous running pulse pump (bad idea) OR having it mounted to close the engine (heat) caused it to fail . 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

Wampus , I have opened fuel pumps that looked very similar to that one and cleaned them out , by unscrewing the hex fittings , whether yours can be opened and cleaned I don't know , there should just be a plunger shaft and a spring inside and  as long as the coil is still good electrically , it might just be clogged up with some trash , you did mention something about running the old filter , did you find much trash in the filter 

I see pumps like that on diesel engines in machinery  , the manufacture will put the pump before the filters , so they get packed up with trash ,  I have added a inline filter before the pump before , one thing that I have done to clean them out without taking them apart  is use a primer bulb like on an outboard motor and pump fuel from both sides , and tap the end of the hose barb on something solid and see it trash starts falling out of it 

The Vikings , eh , rrrrr!  

The old pump is a continuos Running pump, and I’m not interested in trying to fix it.  I did use it that way for years but i think it never ran right, and if it would die with the switch on it would keep running and flood out the carb, which isn’t nice....

btw I would go for @Goober ‘s ad but I already have the pump, just trying to mount it up 

• Like 1