Bought two more bikes yesterday (well, one and a half).

A jeeping buddy of mine sent me the link. 

"Either bad hondamatic transmission or the pump chain has came off. Top end is good, runs, doesn’t smoke. Plastics are good, electronics are good. Lots of good parts and could be fixable if the chain came off. FIL bought this last fall and was mislead on what he was getting. I started tearing it down last fall and broke my wrist so I quit messing with it. Too many other projects going on to mess with it, just trying lessen the bath that was taken. 2012 Selectable 2/4wd. Everything is here, nuts, bolts, fender snaps.. Bike is not all beat up and would be great for parts. Comes with another parts bike that is a foreman es, has good plastics. Just want them out of the way"

So it's a 2012 Rubicon that runs, but doesn't move.  It could possibly be bad Hondamatic, or could be something simple.  Anyhow, it's all there.

Came with a parts bike ES that has powersteering and tank plastics (peeled camo).

I paid for them via paypal (used a CC so if something happens I am protected) and will pick them up when I can. 

If I have to I can part them out and easily get my money out of them. 

Rubi.jpg

Rubi2.jpg

Rubi3.jpg

Rubi4.jpg

Rubi5.jpg

• Like 4

i hope you get the chain off the parts bike too!

Disclaimer, I would be all over this too.

Edited by TRX Student
  • Like 1

Looking at the hogpan under the ruby (if that was drained from it) it looks like it was at least a couple quarts low on oil. A pile of parts though if things are bad.

I'm envious of your problem Jeep. Jealous actually. 🙂

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Parts bike

parts.jpg

Well, the chain looks Good! (Tow chain that is!)

11 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

I have an extra blanket for jeep for the doghouse

rofl..he's gonna need it !..lol.

22 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

I have an extra blanket for jeep for the doghouse

...and recent experience if I recall... ? LOL

I couldn't tell you if the amount of oil in the pan shows if it was running low of oil or not as TooDeep noted , I can say that the oil in the pan , is   BLACK ----  50 shades of black  -  Funk #49  ---- burnt up frictions ? 

• Like 1

Hey I did wash the blanket after I got out of the dog house

Edited by jeffo21
misspelled word
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, toodeep said:

Looking at the hogpan under the ruby (if that was drained from it) it looks like it was at least a couple quarts low on oil. A pile of parts though if things are bad.

Guy unbolted the front cover, but before he got into it he fell off a ladder and broke his wrist, so he just decided to dump it.

Could be the Hondamatic, and if that's the case I'll just part it.  I should be able to get my money out of the muffler, brakes, CV's, and rear end.  Rest is gravy.

• Like 1

I love tan fenders, so those on the parts bike will be put onto one of my machines. 

I needed a front bumper, and a new one is about $200, so that played a part in the purchase as well.

• Like 1

Picked these up Saturday (while practicing social distancing)....

Red one is a 2012 Rubicon.  It's all there, guy said it won't pull.  Guessing the oil pump chain is off or the Hondamatic is shot.  Going to pull the motor and tear into it, as I'd rather work on it on the bench than in the frame.  If the Hondamatic is shot I'll likely just part it (unless we can get Harig over here from the old Hondaforeman site)

Tan one is a 2008 500ES with PS.  I wanted the tan fenders (front fender is in the back of the tow rig), and figured if there was enough there I could fix it and flip it fairly easily since everyone seems to want PS these days.  It is missing the right CV, knuckle and hub/rotor, the meter, wiring harness is chopped up, and everything seems to be seized up, but the rear end is there, front end is there, engine is all there except the recoil.  I'm going to pull the motor, see how it looks.  Initial plans are to put on some green fenders I have, rebuild the motor as a footshift, replace the wiring harness with a FPM harness, and sell it as a green footshift with PS. 

@toodeep on these PS bikes, looks like just the wiring harness and meter are different than the regular machines (as far as electrical goes).  Anything I'm missing here?

bikes.JPG

bikes2.JPG

• Like 3

man..i sure hope you have air condition in that dog house ??!!..lol.

• Like 2

I told her I was going to pick up projects, and she said "I thought you were broke".

I said "Well I'm borrowing to buy them, and if I can't fix them I can easily get my money out of them parting them out"

She says "That's fine, but you're taking the baby with you when you go."

I said "OK."  LOL

The kid went with me to get that yellow foreman I'm finishing up too.  She's a good baby.

• Like 3

Nice projects! hoping to find something new soon

All the ones I have now just need to be buttoned up

Hoping its the chain-fingers crossed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

man..i sure hope you have air condition in that dog house ??!!..lol.

New Address =  325 +1/16 Jeep Lane  , lol 

• Haha 1

I got to ask..... How many bikes do you have now ?? Lol shades friend cat fish may have some competition now ... Lol 

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I got to ask..... How many bikes do you have now ?? Lol shades friend cat fish may have some competition now ... Lol 

no..jeep could buy a atv every day..for the next 10 years..and never even scratch the surface of what cat fish has !!.. here's a few pics i took just the other day..and these are not even a 1/8 of what he has on his property !..rofl.

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

• Like 4

Yeah, i can still count mine.  Shade's buddy probably has no idea how many he has LOL

I plan on keeping my 06 and 09 500 footshifts, the 05 Rubicon, the wife's 420AT, the oldest daughter's tan 300, the middle daughter's 350 Rancher, and I want to have another 300 built for my youngest girl, along with the 125 I got for her.  Also plan to build a 300 mud bike, and will probably keep the 300 2wd for a company bike.  Then I want to build a 350 Foreman out of all these parts rigs I have.  So I'd only have like 11 or 12 that I'm keeping.

The rest I plan on fixing and selling.  😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Yeah, i can still count mine.  Shade's buddy probably has no idea how many he has LOL

I plan on keeping my 06 and 09 500 footshifts, the 05 Rubicon, the wife's 420AT, the oldest daughter's tan 300, the middle daughter's 350 Rancher, and I want to have another 300 built for my youngest girl, along with the 125 I got for her.  Also plan to build a 300 mud bike, and will probably keep the 300 2wd for a company bike.  Then I want to build a 350 Foreman out of all these parts rigs I have.  So I'd only have like 11 or 12 that I'm keeping.

The rest I plan on fixing and selling.  😉

when ya get to that 350 foreman ?, you can holler at me for engine parts or what not, i'm sure my bud has what ya need :-).

• Like 3

I can tell you Jeep , Marvin ( Catfish ) is a cool guy , I was on the phone with him for an hour one day talking old school Hondas , he has some ties to Louisiana , so we had some stuff to talk about  -----   Marvin sure does have a pile of stuff at his place , even seen a 12 or 14 ft flat boat in the pic , lots of 3 wheelers , I wouldn't mine doing up a ATC250ES like LBZ is doing  ----Shade , what's about that tiller  handle for that 18 Evinrude I am looking for 

• Like 2