3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I can tell you Jeep , Marvin ( Catfish ) is a cool guy , I was on the phone with him for an hour one day talking old school Hondas , he has some ties to Louisiana , so we had some stuff to talk about  -----   Marvin sure does have a pile of stuff at his place , even seen a 12 or 14 ft flat boat in the pic , lots of 3 wheelers , I wouldn't mine doing up a ATC250ES like LBZ is doing  ----Shade , what's about that tiller  handle for that 18 Evinrude I am looking for 

haha..honestly, i keep forgetting that tiller handle !..lol. i even forgot to take a pic of a sport bike when i was there yesterday ?. i'll be back out there today, picking up a few items for this '90 trx300 2wd i brought home yesterday, will do my best to see if we can come up with that tiller handle !.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 10:23 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Yeah, i can still count mine.  Shade's buddy probably has no idea how many he has LOL

I plan on keeping my 06 and 09 500 footshifts, the 05 Rubicon, the wife's 420AT, the oldest daughter's tan 300, the middle daughter's 350 Rancher, and I want to have another 300 built for my youngest girl, along with the 125 I got for her.  Also plan to build a 300 mud bike, and will probably keep the 300 2wd for a company bike.  Then I want to build a 350 Foreman out of all these parts rigs I have.  So I'd only have like 11 or 12 that I'm keeping.

The rest I plan on fixing and selling.  😉

I had 12 running at one time. Some were guess bikes ( like you put it ).  Have since gotten out the free ride guest bike business very unprofitable and time consuming.  The demo rides Did get some friends to go out and buy one of their own. I got 8 right now 7 running , one with the engine out.   4 of the 8 are mine and nobody rides them except for me.  Especially my wife.  Got to have spares. I have one maybe 2 that I would let a good friend or relative ride.   

• Like 1

Well I have an 06 footshift mud bike, another 09 footshift that's more for work (big basket on the back, smaller tires, no snorkel etc). The wife's 420AT.  The Rubicon I picked up just because it was practically given to me (no wheels and tires, swingarm bolts were shot, had wiring issues, so I put a new frame on it and new wiring harness and it's good to go).  Then I have the daughter's 350 Rancher, the other daughters 300 that Shade built.  I want to build a 300 mud bike, and build the little one a 300.  Probably keep one more 300 just in case we have another kid, and then I have two 125's (hope to build one good one out of those), and the 80 Yamaha that someone gave me.  Might keep another 300 2wd that was free, and that I have most of the parts to fix.  Also might keep a 350 Foreman or two, depending on what I can put together out of all these parts bikes.  If I can build two I'd probably keep one, sell the other.

That leaves me with an 07 500 footshift, the 06 500ES, a 2012 Rubicon, a couple of 300's, and maybe a 350 Foreman to sell.

• Like 1

300 2wd's  are a fun bike to ride , light weight , easy to steer and they float well and have less parts to break then a 4wd , great guest / rookie learner bikes ---  I have a few project bikes laying around ,  2 300 2wd , 1 300 4wd and a 450 in the pile  that I have enough  parts to build them  

• Like 1

Waiting on some parts for my 300 build, have to sort out wiring issues and a short on my foreman 450s. 2016 Rubicon runs great, I gotta dig in a set the valves though. Then a kodiak 450 doesn't have any compression, don't think an oil change was ever done, so I'll be tearing into the top end at some point. And a little suzuki lt 80 2-stroke that needs a new top end from a failed oil pump. Also a big bear 350 that has a rotten frame, so I'm tearing it down, as a parts bike, then waiting for a none-runner to pop up for sale some day.

Edited by TRX Student
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 10:08 AM, shadetree said:

when ya get to that 350 foreman ?, you can holler at me for engine parts or what not, i'm sure my bud has what ya need :-).

I see that 86 sitting out there looked like my current project 

guy down the road want to sell me an 87 D model but then I’d be on the hunt again 

TRX , I see you have got the fever , I see your yard in the future being stacked with atvs , it will keep you broke , maybe you should see a doctor before it gets too bad , I know I got it too ---- LOL 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

TRX , I see you have got the fever , I see your yard in the future being stacked with atvs , it will keep you broke , maybe you should see a doctor before it gets too bad , I know I got it too ---- LOL 

I’ve had the fever for awhile, can’t help it when things are free.

11 minutes ago, TRX Student said:

I’ve had the fever for awhile, can’t help it when things are free.

I grew up on the out shirts of New Orleans back then , they called it Little Woods , now days it New Orleans East or Da'Jungle , but people did a lot of dumping  back then , and I found a lot of good stuff back there in the dump ----  one man's trash is another man's riches 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I grew up on the out shirts of New Orleans back then , they called it Little Woods , now days it New Orleans East or Da'Jungle , but people did a lot of dumping  back then , and I found a lot of good stuff back there in the dump ----  one man's trash is another man's riches 

Spring after the melt is the best time. When folks realize they left tools out and they’re rusty, they’ll throw them out, or if an atv/skidoo has been sitting in the backyard for acouple years and they are tired of being reminded they own something that doesn’t work. End of May is when I’ve had to bring a trailer to the dump to pick up treasures. My yard is pretty bad, but, in my community, everyone’s yard is bad. So it’s no big deal.

• Like 2

Yesterday, as i was taking stock of the work I have to(choose to) do on the atvs, then looked at the torn seats of my skidoos, the loose bearings in the idle pulleys and boogie wheels, the ignitions switches, intermittent spark problems, no lights etc etc etc, I got a little overwhelmed 😅😅.

• Haha 1

One machine at a time.

What always gets me, time and money, is the MAW (might as well).

“While I’m working on that I might as well......”

• Like 2