All Out Riding

Wtb Honda sport quad

This will depend on what you plan to do with it. And where you plan to ride it. If your looking for a good trail quad or woods racing quad 700xx. If your wanting to hit a track from time to time but still ride mostly trails 250ex/250x, 300ex,  or 400ex/400x. If you plan to spend the majority of time racing on a track or woods racing trx450r.

The 300ex and 400ex are two of the best trail riding quads ever.  Don't let anyone tell you that a 300 class machine is a beginner quad.  Your going to have to get a later 400ex if you want reverse.  

We have everything from desert like badlands, to rocky tree rooted trails and smooth plains trails. I have a few quads in the garage to choose from and the 700xx blows through what the solid rears get hung up on. My wife cant keep up on her 800r xxc and she rides all out. Definitely my favorite for anything aside from dunes. 

Bad thing the aftermarket on these is practically nonexistent. 

That rear end on this sport quad is unreal. 

20191104_130230.jpg

20200331_075932.jpg

Edited by Akunin
Pic edit
  • Like 1

There is a 2007 Honda 250ex for $1,500 that runs great is that a good price? And what price would you pay for it?

Here are some pictures 👇

IMG_20200331_110009.jpg

IMG_20200331_105953.jpg

Screenshot_20200331-105844.png

if your a big guy ?, that 250ex will be too small for you. you would need at least a 450r, 400ex. my bud has a newer looking 400ex, or 450xx ( sorry i forget..not much into sport atvs..lol ) needs some work, can't get fire to it ?, but i have not spent alot of time with it also...lol. it could be a good bike once fixed, i do not know what he wants for it ??, but i got to go out there today, i'll take a pic of it, and post it to this thread :-).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, All Out Riding said:

We had a 1997 foreman 400 and we had some engine issues with it. Are the sport quad 400ex engines different or more reliable?

The 400ex and the Xr 400 shared the same engine platform.  About as proven as you can get.

• Like 1

One really cool thing about that 250ex. It has a trainer clutch. Which means you can ride it like a utility quad shifting like normal. Or if you want you can use the manual clutch and shift it like a sport quad. It is a good way to learn to ride clutch. And if that quad was closer to me i would jump on it for my wife. As long as it had a title that is. I wont buy anything without one. 

The 400 utility motor and 400ex are 1000% different. Only thing close is the cc's. Which could be the same i dont know but a 400ex is 397 so not an exact 400cc. Anyway besides the point lol. I personally build on the 400ex platform for its reliability. If built proper they are very reliable. And in stock form they are one of the most reliable quads built. I have personally seen one run without oil on a hot day in the sand for over 4 hours without doing any harm to anything but the cylinder walls. Which was the reason for it burning the oil out in the first place. We rebuilt the topend and its still running today. Zero issues.

6 hours ago, All Out Riding said:

Ok my recon was a 250 and it was pretty good for me. Where is he located? I am in Wisconsin

he does not live far from me, i am in north little rock,ar. we dont ship !..lol. i was there today, but sure forgot to snap a pic, sorry..had a lot going on out at his place today, totally forgot !. i think its a 2008 trx400xx ?, i'll try to get a pic when i go back out there, being old..and being busy at his place takes its toll on me !..lol.

was gonna take a pic of that sport atv ?, but he already sold it while i was gone from his place, just wanted to update ya !.

5 hours ago, All Out Riding said:

Ok thanks. I have never owned one with a clutch so I am kinda thinking a 250EX.

Has to be a newer one. I wanna say 07+? Dont quote me on that.

I had a 2006 250EX , it had a clutch , but you could ridden automatic or clutch --- I sold it for $1,200 about 4 years ago 

fullsizeoutput_259.jpeg