sublime68charger

200sx tube in front tire

any body got any great putting a tub in a small front tire trick's?

for my kids 200sx which has 20x7-8 tires and 1 dosn't hold air and im tired up airing it up all the time so I bought a tube for it and got the tire brooke off the bead and the im struggling getting the tube to go over the rim it gets tight and just dosn't have the inside diameter to go around the rim.

some pics of what i have

have the tube aired up for tonight hoping to stretch it out some i guess.

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

also for the rear of this atv right now its running chains on some old knobby tires that are shot but still holding air, and I got a different set for $15 and 1 hold air and the other I put a tube in but the tire not set all the way out back on the bead?  any words of wisdom for that?  Tire say max of 15PSI to set the bead and she's at 25psi now and Im a little gun shy to keep pushing air into it  tire is not the best of shape but these have more tread than the other's 

my thoughts tomorrow might be to air it down put a ratchet strap aound the middle of the tread and air it back up and see if the bead will set.

if that dont work put 15 psi of air in it and go hit the trials and pray it will kick the bead out where it need to be? 

or set it back at 5psi and dont worry unless the tire goes flat?

pics are of the spot where bead isn't set the better of these tires and 

the 200sx with what its running now.  I just dont want to burn the chains out on summer riding when I can save them for winter when the chains make a huge difference in where this atv is cable of getting to.

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

never mind on the back tire I'm out in the shop finshing my beer and I just heard a pop,  and went and checked the beads in place on that tire now.

took the PSI down to 5 on it and that'll be going on the ATV tomorrow.  that is if I can get the tube in the front tire

• Like 1

I have never put a tube in a atv tire before , I have put the water based  formula Slime tire sealant , must be water based or it is a real job if you ever have to dig that petroleum based stuff off the rim , the water base is like soap , hose it right off easily ---- if that tube  is too stiff , maybe heat up some water on the stove and give it a dunk and soak , might soften it up some , and put some soapy water on it when trying to stretch it over the rim or maybe stick something in the middle of the tube like a basketball , air it up and let it sit in the sun 

got it had to use some vise grips and work round the rim inch by inch first to get the tube in and then to get the bead back on.

what a pain but tire is air up at 25 psi just waiting for the bead to set on the back side the rim the front is done its lying on the floor with some dish soap setting on the bead to help it along

whoops just heard it pop in.  as I was typing this

IMG_0457.JPG

Edited by sublime68charger