machinecrook

My Brand New Polaris

They do have really easy power steering though. If I owned one I would want it adjustable like I think can am does. Jumped on my buddies 1000 sportsman and it feels like your just too disconnected when having that much power under you.

I actually really like the new 50” wide scrambler and sportsman they are building now. Mostly in concept though, the fact that it’s a Polaris is a major deterrent haha

• Like 1

The best Polaris models are those that are the easiest to tow back out of the woods! 🙂

I've had to tow three of them out this summer with My Rancher, one of them I towed twice in the same afternoon!

Haha I just wanted to poke some fun when I saw the "Non Honda ATV". Although I do cringe when some of my buddies consider buying a Polaris. Especially here in the Eastern Townships where CanAms are pretty cheap due to so many of Bombardier's employees working in Valcourt (approx 25mins away from my place). 

• Like 2

lol, you know how its a Polaris ?..when your towing it with a honda !..lol.

4 hours ago, Mac102004 said:

AF93B3E0-CC23-4A41-882C-15F5D435C96F.jpeg

that looks like a pretty stable atv  IMO< being wider, and not just taller

however, I honestly(not be a as tall as you LOL)

would enjoy them bringing back the smaller 4x4 atvs, like the 300-400-450's of the early on's on 4x4 atv's

they just seemed so nimble and easier to use in a lot more places, less tippy feeling for sure, and unless in deep ruts or mud, went about any where with there smaller size and lower gearing

Love to see them make one again, with same like smaller size, GOOD IRS with GREAT shock packages, lockers and 2x4-4x4 modes

I think they would sell a lot of them, as not everyone needs a BIG full sized atv

or just for smaller riders, period, like kids, gals, and  or folks again that just like a smaller machine

the HP to LB on them older one's was way better too, on basic sized motors too!

but doubt that will ever happen, everyone seems to want more HP< and feel the bigger the better, (don;t even seem to care price tags grew so much too) and finance there lives away on atv's larger than they will ever need or use to there potential

but can sure brag about having it! LOL

3 hours ago, mrbb said:

that looks like a pretty stable atv  IMO< being wider, and not just taller

however, I honestly(not be a as tall as you LOL)

would enjoy them bringing back the smaller 4x4 atvs, like the 300-400-450's of the early on's on 4x4 atv's

they just seemed so nimble and easier to use in a lot more places, less tippy feeling for sure, and unless in deep ruts or mud, went about any where with there smaller size and lower gearing

Love to see them make one again, with same like smaller size, GOOD IRS with GREAT shock packages, lockers and 2x4-4x4 modes

I think they would sell a lot of them, as not everyone needs a BIG full sized atv

or just for smaller riders, period, like kids, gals, and  or folks again that just like a smaller machine

the HP to LB on them older one's was way better too, on basic sized motors too!

but doubt that will ever happen, everyone seems to want more HP< and feel the bigger the better, (don;t even seem to care price tags grew so much too) and finance there lives away on atv's larger than they will ever need or use to there potential

but can sure brag about having it! LOL

It would be nice to see something around the same size as the old 300's or even 350 Rancher size or 420 size. The old 420AT's were pretty close to being perfect they just needed lower gears, better shocks and a locker. But size wise they were spot on and had plenty of HP.

• Like 1

At my local off-road park I pulled up next to a Polaris in a peanut butter bottomed lake, he was stuck big time. I stopped next to him and asked if he was good, he refused a pull out... In my mind I was praying to God I'd be able to pull away, luckily my old 300 served me well, WOT in 2nd gear and I was out haha.. The guy never spoke to me again and I had seem him numerous times since that haha..

Honda power 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SamUK said:

At my local off-road park I pulled up next to a Polaris in a peanut butter bottomed lake, he was stuck big time. I stopped next to him and asked if he was good, he refused a pull out... In my mind I was praying to God I'd be able to pull away, luckily my old 300 served me well, WOT in 2nd gear and I was out haha.. The guy never spoke to me again and I had seem him numerous times since that haha..

Honda power 🙂

that's kinda of my point, a lot of these larger atv;'s  there heavier,  and sink like boat anchors

have to think, almost all atv's are all riding on the same sized foot print, only a really small contact patch on the ground with tires, so when you get an atv that weights SO much more than some of the smaller one's

and still have same contact patch on ground, 

unless your going with the HIGH speed HIGH wheel speed top keep things self cleaning and HOPING to stay on top with speed

bigger isn;t always better IMO

and why again, I still like a lot of them older smaller sized ATV;'s

after all ATV's were designed to have very light compaction on the ground, which is what made them go so many places, and sold so many of them

making larger ones heavier one's and still having same ties more or  less, your loosing a lot of that low pressure round contact you used to have that kept  things moving in soft terrain!

• Like 1

Yep, your spot on mrbb 🙂 These Honda's still rock, the only place the high HP ATV's score is in bottomless holes where they have the power to skim the surface.

As we all know to well though, big HP costs money at some point or another!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mac102004 said:

It would be nice to see something around the same size as the old 300's or even 350 Rancher size or 420 size. The old 420AT's were pretty close to being perfect they just needed lower gears, better shocks and a locker. But size wise they were spot on and had plenty of HP.

If they ran 28's stock with the same gearing and HP I'm sure sales would increase dramatically.

7 minutes ago, SamUK said:

If they ran 28's stock with the same gearing and HP I'm sure sales would increase dramatically.

I think you mean to say if they sold with MORE HP and better gears to match them 28's

as I would not really want a stock Honda ATV with STOCK gearing on 28's period, big or smaller framed LOL

it would need some added HP and correct gearing for the larger tires, to give it STOCK like performance of a them old one's on 24's LOL

and then again, better shocks to handle larger tires to boot!(maybe even power steering as 28's are getting larger for longer trail rides I bet)

a 6 th gear might be nice too, for better speeds on wide open smoother trails too! LOL

Edited by mrbb
  • Like 1