CasperA

Hi everyone from RSA

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for much needed advice. I'm at wit's end with a 2013 420 Rancher FA ES. I'll appreciate your input. 

$_20 (5).jpeg

Welcome aboard.  What's going on with your 420FA?

@Melatv is a whiz with these things, has helped me through some electrical gremlins on the 420's.

TX Jeep, the gearshift system. Sometimes it does shift and sometimesit doesn't. Cleaned the valve body, reduction gears, cleaned the es servo, checked all the sensors according to the workshop manual. According to one of the guys at a Honda workshop they replaced the valve body. It solved the ES issues on both bikes. Did somebody on the forum ever replace the valve body and did it help? By the looks of it it'll be bloody expensive. 

Edited by CasperA

I have not had any issues related to the valve body on the wife's AT.  Does it try to shift and just not shift (does the shift motor try to turn when you get a missed shift)?

Tossing parts at one of these could be expensive.  Honestly the transmission actually shifts much like a regular ES, with a shift drum, gears, shift forks, and a shift spindle that is controlled by the shift motor.  I don't really see how a valve body would affect that, but then again I don't completely understand how the DCT part of the transmission works either.  As I understand it, the valve body actuates the dual clutches at the proper time, so perhaps a bad valve body would cause shifting issues in that regard, but I would think you could do an oil pressure test to rule out the valve body as the issue.

Did you happen to download the factory service manual at the top of the page? 

welcome to the forums, please start a tread in the correct section :-).