Steviejim

Spedo readout blob!!

Anybody out there havin any issues with there speedometer readouts?

I got this spot that just showed up on my screen, its about dime size and looks just like the same as the numbers as far as color of it. Would it be the juice or whatever makes the numbers show up leaking out? Cant figure it out but it blocks everything underneath it and doesn’t seem to go away.

its been there for a couple weeks now, never got any water in there or anything at all, just popped up one day when I fired her up??

Hopin it dont start growing in size but it doesn’t look like its going to go away!

its on there when the key is on, and also when key is off!

5A7CF0F1-43AE-4FC6-8F7A-74245D35CDA4.jpeg

550AFDEF-5C3F-41EE-8861-A893AB95B9EA.jpeg

That is correct, it is an internal failure of the LCD display panel

Its a known failure specifically on the 450S, but happens to others as well

I only see it so often, but I have a 450S meter that has exact same spot size and location right now

The LCD glass panel has failed and it seems to be a manufacturing defect that takes time to appear

and when it does, it will pop out of the blue. It has to be replaced (the interior glass panel) to repair it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AKATV said:

I only see it so often, but I have a 450S meter that has exact same spot size and location right now

The LCD glass panel has failed and it seems to be a manufacturing defect that takes time to appear

and when it does, it will pop out of the blue. It has to be replaced (the interior glass panel) to repair it

Would japan, or china repair or replace, this thing

On 4/10/2020 at 1:25 PM, AKATV said:

AKA, im guessing the glass would need to be factory sealed if replaced ! Or by chance is it something I could replace and only have to make sure its a water/ air tight seal around glass? If its even possible to replace in my shop?

Thanks!!

24 minutes ago, Steviejim said:

AKA, im guessing the glass would need to be factory sealed if replaced ! Or by chance is it something I could replace and only have to make sure its a water/ air tight seal around glass? If its even possible to replace in my shop?

Thanks!!

you have to replace the whole meter/display, there is nothing inside or under the plastic cover that can be swapped out, its the LCD screen, when they go bad ?, it time for a new meter/display.

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

you have to replace the whole meter/display, there is nothing inside or under the plastic cover that can be swapped out, its the LCD screen, when they go bad ?, it time for a new meter/display.

Figured that might be the case! I will live with it if it dont get much worse.

Thanks Shade!

1 minute ago, Steviejim said:

Figured that might be the case! I will live with it if it dont get much worse.

Thanks Shade!

here's the deal...IT WILL GET WORSE !..LOL. sooner or later, that blob will grow larger, i'll bank on it !. bite the bullet, buy a new screen, problem solved.

• Like 1

Think I would have same problem if I bought used one? Or should I go for new to be sure it don’t happen again?

4 hours ago, shadetree said:

Sorry Shade, not to step on toes but that is not exactly accurate.....

Actually, you can swap out a bunch or parts under the speedometer case, I have been repairing them for years

You can swap out the circuit card or the display panel glass attached to the circuit card, or both, if you have parts units.

AlsoI am repairing water damage/corroded components directly on the circuit board as well

I repair meters on the early Foreman 450 and Rancher 350 that have had multiple display issues or LCD UV burn issues and / or need reprogamming as well

If you have a "Blob Screen" all you have to do is swap the display glass out from a parts speedometer, its only 6 screws on the back of the circuit card and a little bit of time IF you have the parts.

If you can get a parts meter from a member or salvage yard or similar, I can talk you through it or you can send it to me

and I will swap parts for you at no cost if you pay for shipping (5.00 each way for circuit card assy)

Edited by AKATV

20 hours ago, AKATV said:

Sorry Shade, not to step on toes but that is not exactly accurate.....

Actually, you can swap out a bunch or parts under the speedometer case, I have been repairing them for years

You can swap out the circuit card or the display panel glass attached to the circuit card, or both, if you have parts units.

AlsoI am repairing water damage/corroded components directly on the circuit board as well

I repair meters on the early Foreman 450 and Rancher 350 that have had multiple display issues or LCD UV burn issues and / or need reprogamming as well

If you have a "Blob Screen" all you have to do is swap the display glass out from a parts speedometer, its only 6 screws on the back of the circuit card and a little bit of time IF you have the parts.

If you can get a parts meter from a member or salvage yard or similar, I can talk you through it or you can send it to me

and I will swap parts for you at no cost if you pay for shipping (5.00 each way for circuit card assy)

i understand if you have the ''know how '' ?, and have the spare parts ?, but in my case ?, i find it easier just to drop a brand new meter in place..lol. finding good meters is bad enough, finding one that isn't already burnt is another !..lol. no, your not stepping on my toes, i know what you can do, and its cool that you can do it, and save members money, i'm deff not trying to take bizz away from ya ! :-).

On 4/13/2020 at 8:24 AM, Steviejim said:

Think I would have same problem if I bought used one? Or should I go for new to be sure it don’t happen again?

take it with a grain of salt, risk a used one ?, or buy a brand new meter ?, i guess the $ 64,000.00 question is, how bad, how fast you want it fixed ?. me ?, i'd drop a new one in its place. keep your atv away from wet stuff, and out of the weather. i park mine under a covered carport, and stay away from lakes...lol.

• Like 1