Hey @Deer_hunter_088 is that a D model with an 86 front fender? If you’re not sure, reference the engine number and frame.

the 86-87 A model has a different ignition system than the D model. Some other differences like brake cylinders, kill switch etc.

On 4/11/2020 at 9:37 AM, Goober said:

Hey @Deer_hunter_088 is that a D model with an 86 front fender? If you’re not sure, reference the engine number and frame.

the 86-87 A model has a different ignition system than the D model. Some other differences like brake cylinders, kill switch etc.  

How can I tell that? Im having issues with spark

19 minutes ago, Deer_hunter_088 said:

find the vin number, stamped right in middle of frame, right behind the front bumper. from the looks of it, it looks like a '86 model.

title says 1986 trx350D, for the record, honda did not make a '86 trx350D, it was only called a 1986 trx350 fourtrax.

• Like 1

Sticker on the front dead center will give year model and say either 350D or 350.  If it's an 86 it's definitely a 350A Fourtrax.  87 it could be either (and it matters, because they have different CDI's).  88-up were all 350D's 

• Like 2

The stator plug is green I’m going with 86, plus plastics have the 86 stripes.

VIN located above/below the tag

E9F6F183-D644-4D95-AB5D-E7452A6E3606.jpeg

Edited by Goober

2 hours ago, Goober said:

The stator plug is green I’m going with 86, plus plastics have the 86 stripes.

VIN located above/below the tag

E9F6F183-D644-4D95-AB5D-E7452A6E3606.jpeg

stator plugs are green on all years from '86-'89, my '89 has a green stator plug.

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2020 at 2:53 PM, Deer_hunter_088 said:

If you turn on master switch you should have a steady neutral light and the oil light should come on momentarily and then go out. connect the two oil sensor leads —cover behind right footpeg—the oil light should illuminate and fan kick on. If not, check FCU connections (left fwd inner fender removal).

If you roll over the starter or kick it, you should hear the fuel pump buzz. If not, open carb drain to see if fuel in carb.  If still no buzzing, do the fuel flow test. Check fuel cutoff relay (right aft frame under fender).

Squirt a bit of starting fluid in the carb—if it fires once and quits then suspect CDI. Check connections (right fwd inner fender removal). If no fire, check continuity/resistance values of stator.

clean all connections with a plumbers flux brush and contact cleaner. Lube all connections and backshells with a separate plumbers flux brush and permatex dielectric grease 

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

Alright guys! she lives, turns out my issue was a bad plug!!! once I find out how to post pics il post more, also I drug another 350 home, but i noticed something, under the back paint it had, ITS BLUE, so the parts bike will be the next project. 

Edited by Deer_hunter_088
  • Like 3

Welcome back.  Don't you love it when  you spend hours trying to figure out a problem and it's a dang $2 spark plug?

How's the GMT400 coming?

5 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Welcome back.  Don't you love it when  you spend hours trying to figure out a problem and it's a dang $2 spark plug?

How's the GMT400 coming?

Shes dang near done, minus the motro which is at the shop, so im piddiling with the 350 to pass the time!!  picking up snorkel stuff today. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 4:34 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Sticker on the front dead center will give year model and say either 350D or 350.  If it's an 86 it's definitely a 350A Fourtrax.  87 it could be either (and it matters, because they have different CDI's).  88-up were all 350D's 

ummm..just seen this, they also had the 1987 trx350D, i got one in my shop !..lol.

• Like 1

Yep, that's why I said "87 it could be either", as in either a 350D or a 350A🤡

Wanted to make sure he knew which particular one he had.

10 hours ago, Deer_hunter_088 said:

104711400_3156143437767920_8383531992186

Shes back on all 4, and riding around. just to finish some things up. anyone have some spare parts theyd be willing to sell?

what parts are you seeking ?, a list would let us know if we have any of them ?, or can get them for you ?, :-).

10 hours ago, Deer_hunter_088 said:

104711400_3156143437767920_8383531992186

Shes back on all 4, and riding around. just to finish some things up. anyone have some spare parts theyd be willing to sell?

What all do you need?  I have a few carcasses around.