Fishfiles

Lawn tractors , yard machines

@Turbo Twister not too sure if y'all have these over there ... and i never had a chance to operate one .... but have close friends who are die hard collectors ... of the classic models  .. i believe they also have a few deferent front attachments ... as rare as some of the older models are ... you still see a number of people still using them. 

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I worked on this little jewel this pass week , and I got first  chance to buy it , it was actually the guy I do work for mother's cart at her farm/ property in Natchitches , it is a 2006 Kubota diesel 4wd with a/c and heated cab , hydraulic quick couplers on the rear and a PTO shaft , hydraulic dump , 3 speed hydromatic transmission , independent suspension on all wheels  , they sell for about $20K , he wants $9K , it has 308 hours on it , he is getting her a new one and this one is going to be traded in if he doesn't get the $9k ----- he had me  changed every filter and recharged the a/c with a 1/2 can of 134 and it will freeze you out , they just put some new tires on it , runs about 25 mph ---would love to have it , but don't know $9k worth 

DTOcwX0BQcm9z2ihz3hiGA.jpg

hSm4h8eyToW%Xjx6RT%k4g.jpg

That would be handy if you were going to be out in the woods all day in the middle of the summer or the middle of the winter.

Everyone here is going to SxS's, but I prefer a 4wheeler for most things.  I do intend to get a SxS at some point mainly for work, but I'll have to wait till the bugs get worked out of the Hondas and the blown up ones are plentiful enough to make them cheap!

• Like 2

Bunch of people around here had these back in the day.  Anyone remember them?

Dad still has a big Yazoo self-propelled push mower.  Hasn't run since the early 80's so will be a job for me to get it going again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Bunch of people around here had these back in the day.  Anyone remember them?

Dad still has a big Yazoo self-propelled push mower.  Hasn't run since the early 80's so will be a job for me to get it going again.

oh yeah i remember those ...but,  i haven't seen o e in years! 

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@Turbo Twister not too sure if y'all have these over there ... and i never had a chance to operate one .... but have close friends who are die hard collectors ... of the classic models  .. i believe they also have a few deferent front attachments ... as rare as some of the older models are ... you still see a number of people still using them. 

image.jpg

We have something similar to this yes, but you have to walk behind it, it's not a sit on machine. I'll see if I can dig out a few pics..

• Like 1

Something like these, although after watching a video on this particular one I'm not impressed with the performance of it. I reckon my own mower cuts neater!

If you look at the second picture, these steps very rare in Ireland, probably due to lack of knowing they are available but they would work quite well with our hilly land here in Ireland.

I was cutting through over 6ft high brambles on Saturday with my own setup, the quad would flatten them down and the mower munched it all up just fine. I'll see if dad has a few snaps to share.

16001125589371966001958197153412.jpg

1600112852610878922323221128972.jpg

• Like 4

Lost the text in the above post. Unfortunately only took one photo of the high undergrowth with a path through it. I was amazed how a single pass of the quad and mower turned an impenetrable jungle of thorny blackberries into an easily walked path.  Picture 2 shows the pheasants enjoying a walk in the grass Turbo had just cut and the last picture is of one of the game crops.

• Like 1

This is my buddy Andy , he owns the flea market in Lacombe on his Cushman scooter , I could have bought it from him a couple of weeks ago for $400  not running , he put a Clone 8.5hp in it  , three tire tubes and got it going , now he don't want to sell it no more , it is fast and has  good brakes , but I just could not see me in it , but bet with some love on a paint job ,  a Cushman collect might pay good for it 

The second pic is a second Cushman , it needs work , I can get this one for $400 as it sits , it is kind of weird , I got enough of projects going 

ILuKjpIMTraS4eN2lT1a9Q.jpg

pP93U2ZXQ9CQl16DrBrrEw.jpg

image.png

That two front wheel cart I see is between 1948 and 51 , never seen any prices on that model ---- I see the one front wheel cats are going any ways from $2,500 to $10K , WOW , maybe I should have took a chance to flip it 

I see the Pickers love them Cushmans and Vespas and will pay up for what looks like junk to me  , they are " not easy to look at " for me  , if I was going to put money and effort into something to refurb it for a flip  , I would have to like it , but then I most likely wouldn't want to get rid of it  when finished if it came out nice ----  

I remember when I was a kid , the ice cream man had one similar to that blue one , use to ride the streets of our neighborhood with dry ice on nutty buddy's , ice cream sandwiches and Retro's creame-sickles 

• Like 1

Went to the Bobcat dealership yesterday and Bobcat is  now in the lawn mower business , it looks well built but kind of pricey , this 61 inch  zero swing with a 25 Kawasaki is $10,200 plus tax , wow that's high priced -----  I bought a 54 Husqvarna witha 25 Kohler last year for $5,200 total with tax and a better warranty ---- never asked the price on the stand up/ ride on 

fIOFIFypQO2wDilQ8jl8+g.jpg

Qk6hj825Q4a+JGk3TkF8vg.jpg

TbtjydUuSy6d4w11PVfgiA.jpg

OCYfN%zUR2S+x013ultpGg.jpg

Wonder if they're making them or having someone else make them, and then rebadging them?

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 9:27 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Wonder if they're making them or having someone else make them, and then rebadging them?

Good question , I will have to ask , pretty good friends with the dealer , think he would be a straight shooter with me ---- I do know they only come with a Kawasaki , cause he did tell me he is a Kawasaki dealer now and I was surprised , no diesel model 

We not gonna rake , no we ain't gonna rake it any more !!!  You know the tune , dee Sneider , Twisted Sister 

image.png

• Haha 1