Fishfiles

Lawn tractors , yard machines

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i don't know about this one, i don't like where that gas tank is.... 

image.jpg

He should have used the tank of the motorcycle --------Looks out of proportion to drive , handle bars too far forward from the seat 

On 2/16/2021 at 12:36 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

I'm not sure what this critter is, fish, and ideas ?

image.jpg

Lunar or Mars, Vehicle?

• Haha 1

now this one looks a tad over built for a yard machine, can't say I've ever seen one like it,  especially with a front end like that. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

On February 19, 2021 at 7:54 PM, LedFTed said:

Lunar or Mars, Vehicle?

with a fuel tank ? probobly not...however, i could see this as something Cher would take to Jupiter. if she ever goes (soon i hope) one less idiot. no telling what she would use it for.

On 3/23/2021 at 6:16 PM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Now that's cool looking.  Early 50's?

On 2/21/2021 at 9:10 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

with a fuel tank ? probobly not...however, i could see this as something Cher would take to Jupiter. if she ever goes (soon i hope) one less idiot. no telling what she would use it for.

to bad Cher dont ski. Yuk Yuk.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LedFTed said:

to bad Cher dont ski. Yuk Yuk.

Did you know Val Kilmer was with Cher for a few years and are very close friends to the day , Cher has to be in her mid to  late 70s ? ..  eh , Kilmer just made 61 , guest she liked them young 

• Like 1

664BAA13-8416-49C9-915C-A4366990674D.jpegHey guys, any of y’all have any experience with gravely mowers? A lady I know is moving and bought this one last year. 60 hrs on it and she let me have it for 5000.00. She paid 7000.00 new so I couldn’t turn it down.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kevron said:

664BAA13-8416-49C9-915C-A4366990674D.jpegHey guys, any of y’all have any experience with gravely mowers? A lady I know is moving and bought this one last year. 60 hrs on it and she let me have it for 5000.00. She paid 7000.00 new so I couldn’t turn it down.

Heard good things about Gravely , price seems good ---- do you have a 35 HP Kawasaki in it ? 

Paperwork says it’s a 22 hp. Kohler, but engine just has a gravely stickers on it. Ran it a hour or so yesterday, satisfied so far.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kevron said:

Paperwork says it’s a 22 hp. Kohler, but engine just has a gravely stickers on it. Ran it a hour or so yesterday, satisfied so far.

I seen some of the 60 inch Gravelys came with 35 Kawasakis  , that is why I asked , the 22 Kohler from what I have read is really the 25 hp rebadged for emissions certification--- I got a 54 Husqvarna with the Kohler  and love  it  , got this one for a couple of years and have about 150 hours on it , had basically the same mower for 12 years before this one 

a friend of mine got one for about $7,000 new, and he's happy about it after three years.

Help!  I am stumped why this pulley is made the way it is.

This is on a 1993ish Honda H1011 rider input shaft on the transaxle.  Only the top half of the pulley is fixed to the keyed shaft.  The bottom half rotates freely with a ball bearing.

This rider never has been able to climb steep hills in higher gears without the drive belt slipping.  I now see why.  But what was Honda thinking when the designed this?  In the picture the pulley is upside down.

Screenshot_20210521-152901_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's crazy , did you knock the bearing out of the old one , could there be some type of sprag / one way bearing inside that hump in the hub --- When I was rebuilding my Sears Suburban tractor I got a lot of info from VintageTractors on Facebook , there are some guys on there that know lawn/ garden and farm tractors ---  sure there is a tractor forum out there that some knows the answer to that one 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

That's crazy , did you knock the bearing out of the old one , could there be some type of sprag / one way bearing inside that hump in the hub --- When I was rebuilding my Sears Suburban tractor I got a lot of info from VintageTractors on Facebook , there are some guys on there that know lawn/ garden and farm tractors ---  sure there is a tractor forum out there that some knows the answer to that one 

I had a cracked frame and a chattering and some spare time so apart it came.  The ID of the pulley is worn but the input shaft and keyway are good shape.  I was wondering about a one way clutch but still don't understand why if it was. Plus the bearing is smooth in both directions.   

20210520_155025.jpg

20210520_155108.jpg

• Like 2

Wow , that's pretty cool ^^^ , did I read that is a Honda ? What era , maybe 70s -80s ? ---    unusual parts for an unusual part ,eh !  --- 

It's a 93 Honda H1011 rider.   Here's a good video showing the Spicer transaxle.  There are two grease fittings underneath for the axle.  I pump in more than I should since grease comes out the axles and the brake shaft but what the heck.  I bought this used in 2007 and it gets used on a very sloped and uneven yard.

I keep my eyes open for another one for parts.

• Like 1

I think he shouldn't have used silicone ---  no mention of that bearing in the pulley ^^^