Wampus_cat

350 carb

Well here I go again...  

I took apart the carb to clean it, and some of the gaskets stretched, so I ordered a shindy kit. Now it’s been over a week, and I’m not certain where; the Orings, the one little washer, and that one little round seal that isn’t an oring, goes..😬

417EDABD-DE2F-48E3-8121-29B687C05C6B.jpeg

The tiny oring goes on the idle screw—oring on the screw base, then spring, washer and tiny oring

the odd thick seal fits into the throttle valve drain hole

drain screw gets one

that’s four—how many you got?

if you still not sure i have one in the box I’ll pull apart for you

189845E7-63EF-46CE-862C-DE519297C8E5.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

Two other things

the main jet is removed by pushing down on it (use the butt end of a screwdriver) from the throttle piston bore

did your carb have a good passage plug?

see the carb on the left? It’s missing one—you can see it in the carb gasket pack.

52E58B3D-4B67-4960-8D4D-EF3EEC360722.jpeg

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD THERES A SERVICE MANUAL? Sorry for yelling but I looked through all the old posts trying not to ask for help when the information is available 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ 
thank you got the very thorough answers, I’ll get it together later today

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Goober said:

Two other things

the main jet is removed by pushing down on it (use the butt end of a screwdriver) from the throttle piston bore

did your carb have a good passage plug?

see the carb on the left? It’s missing one—you can see it in the carb gasket pack.

52E58B3D-4B67-4960-8D4D-EF3EEC360722.jpeg

Yes I do have the old passage plug, my kit did not come with a new one. 
I took a picture pre-disassembly, don’t laugh too hard.. I did put it together like this, but I did not have a manual and I copied the way it was as closely as I could… I’m obviously not the first person to have been in there. 
I seem to be missing the “baffle”, I do not have an old or new one… How important do you think that part is?

AA8BC2B1-7F9E-49B6-863B-E0958E9CF618.jpeg

• Like 1

The Shindy kit doesn’t come with the passage plug—you have it—good.

no baffle—not great. it will run, and perhaps well. You might notice some changes during rough riding.

imagine your main jet is a suction tube. It sticks down into the bowl sucking fuel. This creates a zone of depression in the fuel all around the end of the jet. While you’re riding, fuel sloshes around in the bottom of the bowl, changing the shape of the zone. that baffle reduces the sloshing, helping to maintain the shape of the zone of depression.

Occasionally you can find those baffles on fleabay; just be careful you don’t damage it by installing it improperly. The edges can get crimped real easy.

Dat's right ,  No passage plug in a Shindy Kit ,  just picked one up and it arrive yesterday , they come in 88-92 and 93-2000  , Made in Japan , $20.06 , free and very fast shipping , there 5 left on E-Bay at  that price 

fullsizeoutput_c1e.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Dat's right ,  No passage plug in a Shindy Kit ,  just picked one up and it arrive yesterday , they come in 88-92 and 93-2000  , Made in Japan , $20.06 , free and very fast shipping , there 5 left on E-Bay at  that price 

fullsizeoutput_c1e.jpeg

why you showing him a trx300 kit ?, he has a trx350, but still, that rubber plug doesn't come in the trx350 kits either, i believe they do come in the oem kits from honda though ?.

2 minutes ago, shadetree said:

why you showing him a trx300 kit ?, he has a trx350, but still, that rubber plug doesn't come in the trx350 kits either, i believe they do come in the oem kits from honda though ?.

Then he should get rid of that 350 and get with the program , LOL 

1 hour ago, Goober said:

That’s not an oring on your main jet is it?

Well, there was one there when I took it apart the first time lol

Do you have a service manual now?

Here’s where the thick gasket goes....

and two pix of me cleaning a TRX300 carb. I use a little bit of Berryman’s Chemtool, pipe cleaners, dental brushes, bamboo handled cotton swabs, plumbers flux brushes and brass bristled brushes. Break the handles off the swabs and use them to scrape out bits of gasket—don’t use hard metal scrapers or you’ll damage the aluminum surfaces.

if you want I’ll break down my spare QA03A for you.

9F611FFD-3D61-4338-8881-F7B796FA0B23.jpeg

2EA6A0A2-BF13-4F03-A53F-596BB8B8889E.jpeg

A86C8D12-7DA6-4143-B95C-D415A4143808.jpeg

Well you all inspired me to do a more thorough cleaning (I noticed that one of the gaskets had been silicone at one time) and got the parts in the correct order (I am certain they were not correct the first time I took it apart).  The only thing I skimmed on is I  put it together without the baffle, because I never had one and I couldn’t seem to find a replacement.  I got it together, and the ol girl runs good again!

thank you all

• Like 3

I found a QA03A baffle. PM me your addy and I’ll send it to ya

• Like 1