balljoints

Anyone else run a dashcam? Called the cops on this drunk guy

I called 911 on this guy swerving in and out of the lanes yesterday, he had to be drunk. Around 5 minutes you can see the cops speed up and get him. Bad driver or he look like he was on something? Its a long video but you can see that swerving. 

• Like 3

i wasn't sure he / she was going to stop there at the end ... I've looked into those dash cam deals ... if you've got any advise @balljoints

post it .. by the way ... great thread ... 

i'm glad ya did, only wish they had that in the old day's. just was before MADD. some MADD members got caught also. i'm glad its a different world, then it was, back then. 

even if it was medical, some attention was needed.

Edited by LedFTed

yeah it sure looked medical to me ... too many lites in the eyes ... most drivers with rolling medical issues will call 911 and pull over sadly crash OR have to be forced off the road, I've seen all three happen in years of being with fire rescue ... 

6 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i wasn't sure he / she was going to stop there at the end ... I've looked into those dash cam deals ... if you've got any advise @balljoints

post it .. by the way ... great thread ... 

I run this setup in both of my trucks

I hardwired mine to my fusebox, optional but turns on with the key in older vehicles: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQQFJBG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Thanks 1

In my personal and work truck I use a gopro session camera. I run it all the time, people are always doing unpredictable crap. 

• Like 1

I ran one for a while, then my boys took it over to make their own videos lol. I was coming home from picking up a motor on evening. My S10 has a useless rear suspension on it, previous owner took a main leaf spring out of it to lower the back. I added air shocks to it when I got it to pick the back end up. This was the first time with a load in the back and the truck didn't like it. I just went over the train tracks and started to speed back up and that car cut me off. Did my best to stay in my lane. Sorry about the language at the end.... I was pretty hot!  fast forward to about 1:50, it happens at 2:05.

https://youtu.be/rh7nI-lj1eU

Edited by Chevymec
  • Like 1

oh... I've been there before .... kind of sounds like maybe ?? the rear tires needed just a bit more pressure ... ??

Tires had plenty of air. At that time, my ABS light was on so the abs wasn't working correctly. 

yep...in my daily commuter car, it's always on the moment I crank up...it's my best legal defense against lane jumpers who think that half a car length in front of me means they can deliberately NOT signal and just shove their way in...without the camera proof, I'd wind up being accused of a rear-end for following too closely.

• Like 3

I'd like to see more dash cam videos from you fellas that run them,  i myself, have a large radio setup... keeps me informed of whats going on... i never get tired of idiots being busted . on a defrent note there have been more car chases ... aroind here, due to less traffic...