shadetree

1997 trx300fw

any chance any member ( look's towards fish or jeep ) happens to have some decent front and rear fender flares for this '97 trx300fw i am working on ?. if ya do ?, holler at me !. p.s. dont care about scratches ?, but i dont want any that are busted/holes !..lol.

Them fender flares are hard to come by in good condition used , I could use a few myself --- just seen Gregg Krentrails from Monroe is selling brand new old style flat flares for the 1st gen 300s , $250 a set , LOL  

16 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Them fender flares are hard to come by in good condition used , I could use a few myself --- just seen Gregg Krentrails from Monroe is selling brand new old style flat flares for the 1st gen 300s , $250 a set , LOL  

what ?, i can buy brand new fender flares,oem from partzilla cheaper than what he's selling them for..he nutz ??..lol. all 4 for the price he's asking for 2 !..lol.

Partzilla is $265  for the 4 for 96-2000 , hump back style  ----and they are selling the up to 95 flat flares again and they are $382 for the 4 , that's the ones he has , brand new , he must be getting them made as he is selling a set for $250 with shipping , the flat ones are so much better looking , I know you don't care for this project 

On 4/19/2020 at 12:01 AM, Fishfiles said:

Partzilla is $265  for the 4 for 96-2000 , hump back style  ----and they are selling the up to 95 flat flares again and they are $382 for the 4 , that's the ones he has , brand new , he must be getting them made as he is selling a set for $250 with shipping , the flat ones are so much better looking , I know you don't care for this project 

your right, this project is no where on my list of '' doing it top notch '' right !!!..lol. i made some home made splash guards tonight ( last night ), installed them on the rear, did not take pics, just came in a few mins ago..taking a break..lol. 

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

your right, this project is no where on my list of '' doing it top notch '' right !!!..lol. i made some home made splash guards tonight ( last night ), installed them on the rear, did not take pics, just came in a few mins ago..taking a break..lol. 

My buddy made some flares out of conveyer belt , he put them on that 300 I sold him a while back , I rode with him Saturday , don't have any pics at the moment , they worked and don't look half bad , one thing he did that I didn't like was , he didn't go all the way down to the foot rest ----  waiting to see pics of what you came up with 

8 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

My buddy made some flares out of conveyer belt , he put them on that 300 I sold him a while back , I rode with him Saturday , don't have any pics at the moment , they worked and don't look half bad , one thing he did that I didn't like was , he didn't go all the way down to the foot rest ----  waiting to see pics of what you came up with 

haha..i did go all the way to the foot rest !..lol.

I made some one time out of the garden edging , black plastic  comes in a roll , didn't look half bad , a little too thin ---- We use to have a company here named CV Harold rubber company , that would have had the perfect stuff for sure , they had every width and thickness of good quality black rubber --they went out of business a few years back , someone out there must still sell that stuff , maybe not , rubber seems a thing that is being phased out to plastics 

9 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I made some one time out of the garden edging , black plastic  comes in a roll , didn't look half bad , a little too thin ---- We use to have a company here named CV Harold rubber company , that would have had the perfect stuff for sure , they had every width and thickness of good quality black rubber --they went out of business a few years back , someone out there must still sell that stuff , maybe not , rubber seems a thing that is being phased out to plastics 

just posted on the build thread of what i installed, i cut that rubber with scissors !..lol, its about 3/16 thick ?. 

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

just posted on the build thread of what i installed, i cut that rubber with scissors !..lol, its about 3/16 thick ?. 

I just posted a reply under your pics on your thread , those look really good 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I just posted a reply under your pics on your thread , those look really good 

ty bro !. it was tough cutting that rubber with scissors !!!!..lol. 

Maybe you could have clamped the rubber under a straight edge to a table  , then use a razor knife along the edge  ---when you go into mass production 

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Maybe you could have clamped the rubber under a straight edge to a table  , then use a razor knife along the edge  ---when you go into mass production 

eh, me thinks it would be faster ( just broker..lol ) to just put new oem back on them..lol. if it was mine ?, i would have bought new oem, but its not, and we both know cat fish wasn't gonna spend 250+ to put new back on it !!!..lol.

• Like 1

I sent some of your flare pics to my buddy , he needs to front flares for the 300 I sold him Saturday ---hope I am not infringing on patten rights 

I just saw this Shade.  Not sure how I missed it.

Flares are on my list of needs too.  And like you, I'm not spending $65/each on them.  The problem is, used ones are usually in rough shape and people still want $$ for them.

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I sent some of your flare pics to my buddy , he needs to front flares for the 300 I sold him Saturday ---hope I am not infringing on patten rights 

i can't wait until i make the front flares !..lol.

57 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I just saw this Shade.  Not sure how I missed it.

Flares are on my list of needs too.  And like you, I'm not spending $65/each on them.  The problem is, used ones are usually in rough shape and people still want $$ for them.

yeah, the prices for new flares are unreal !!. i still have to make front flares, thats gonna be fun !..lol.

The early 350 Rancher flares are high as heck too.  And then you look at my 500's and a new flare is under $15.....

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

The early 350 Rancher flares are high as heck too.  And then you look at my 500's and a new flare is under $15.....

when i replaced the flares on my '03 trx450fm, they were like 20 bucks each ?!..lol.

I have posted pics before  of me stick a 450 flare on a 300 fender , it will work will some drilling of new holes , the old holes will be covered so the extra holes don't matter , maybe a little trimming with a razor knife , the pics are on a thread maybe here , maybe the old site , some where in my 8,000 + pics 

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I have posted pics before  of me stick a 450 flare on a 300 fender , it will work will some drilling of new holes , the old holes will be covered so the extra holes don't matter , maybe a little trimming with a razor knife , the pics are on a thread maybe here , maybe the old site , some where in my 8,000 + pics 

haha..i already thought about putting 450 flares on it, but its not mine, and the rubber was handed to me..sooo...lol.

Took a couple of pics today with a busted up 300 ist gen flare on top a 450 flare ---Note the rear fender of the 450 is cut straight across , so a piece is missing 

fullsizeoutput_c46.jpeg

RI6ZRMpSSLStkOooKY%eXw.jpg