DuckOfDeath

Picked up some TRX350's

No.  It's 4. Red, black, pink and Red/black.  I should know.  I've bought no less than six 87's over the last 2.5 years.  The 86-87 TRX350A's have six.

2 hours ago, DuckOfDeath said:

No.  It's 4. Red, black, pink and Red/black.  I should know.  I've bought no less than six 87's over the last 2.5 years.  The 86-87 TRX350A's have six.

you better do some more home work, ----> https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/1987/trx350d-a-fourtrax-foreman-4x4/handlebar . how many wires do you see on this switch ? ( one is hidden ).

• Like 2

I thought you just built a 350d? I don't care what Partzilla says. I have two compete bikes, 3 additional wiring harnesses,and a manual that says otherwise.

15897619509581139371845270398306.jpg

On 4/27/2020 at 12:22 AM, shadetree said:

np, '87 has 4 wires, all the other have 5-6 wires, so be warned if yours is different !..lol.

lol.  More evidence of the 4 wire ignition for the '87 350D.  That guy Shadetree knows about these rigs.

Edited by DuckOfDeath

ok..ok..i stand corrected. you are right, i just installed the ignition switch that i got off ebay, and they messed up..lol. my apologies. get yer drawers out of a bunch !..lol

the dummy that sent , sold me what claimed to be a '87 trx350d switch/dash..lied..sheshh..i hate folks like this.

and i never claimed to know it all..so leave that at the front porch bro :-).

1 hour ago, DuckOfDeath said:

I thought you just built a 350d? I don't care what Partzilla says. I have two compete bikes, 3 additional wiring harnesses,and a manual that says otherwise.

15897619509581139371845270398306.jpg

yes i just built a trx350D, BUT IT WAS AN '88 !..LOL.

• Haha 1

Sorry If I came off as a jerk, Shade. I don't know much about anything, but I do know a bit about the 87 Honda TRX 350D.

Edited by DuckOfDeath
  • Like 2

We had a thread going on another forum once attempting to explain all of the odd changes that the TRX350s went through in just 4 years of production. I bet we didn't manage to get through half of them though.... I still tell folks incorrect info at times. Its impossible for me to keep everything straight in memory... I gotta pull out the FSM almost every time I try to help someone, no other Honda model can make me feel as stupid as the TRX350 consistently does! 🤪

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, retro said:

We had a thread going on another forum once attempting to explain all of the odd changes that the TRX350s went through in just 4 years of production. I bet we didn't manage to get through half of them though.... I still tell folks incorrect info at times. Its impossible for me to keep everything straight in memory... I gotta pull out the FSM almost every time I try to help someone, no other Honda model can make me feel as stupid as the TRX350 consistently does! 🤪

agreed bro !. i cant count on all my toes and fingers how many times i have to try to remember all the different parts on these models, years ?!..lol.

• Like 2

I'm getting pretty good at knowing the differences, buying/selling on eBay and facebook groups.  I try to list what parts will work on multiple years and like to have my info correct. Some of what I know I learned the hard way.  Like the time I assumed a front CV shaft, knuckle,and hub assembly off an 87 would work on some guys 86.  I had to ship him the 86 he needed after learning my mistake. Had to eat a second shipping cost, and paying to have him return the 87 wasn't good business.  I think I made $15 for them plus two trips to UPS after it was all said and done. Won't make that mistake again, I promise you.

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

the dummy that sent , sold me what claimed to be a '87 trx350d switch/dash..lied..sheshh..i hate folks like this.

He just didn't know any better.  Guys part out a 30+ year old bike they obtained recently and assume that what's on it is original.  I argued with someone recently who claimed Honda made the 86 TRX350A in blue because he happened to have one.  Often times it's not what you don't know that will bite you.  It's what you think you know that just ain't so.

• Like 2

Found this under the seat of the bike I picked up last week. I think this was my tenth bike and I've never even seen the tool kit compartment, let alone a tool kit. I believe I can finally say my bike is 100 percent complete and original. A few weeks ago I scored the plastic tray that sits above the battery. Hadn't seen one of them before either.

IMG_20200522_051743262.jpg

• Like 4

Make that 99 percent original. I have an aftermarket seat cover and a few decals.

Edited by DuckOfDeath
  • Like 1

Tool kit even has the air pressure guage, well lah dee dah 😆😎