shwagy357

New OEM Grip Install

I have a trx300 that I am replacing the grips on.  I am replacing the grips with oem honda original grips.  Does anyone have any advice on the best way to install?

35 minutes ago, shwagy357 said:

I have a trx300 that I am replacing the grips on.  I am replacing the grips with oem honda original grips.  Does anyone have any advice on the best way to install?

yep: i take and spray the insides of he new grip with wd-40, then spray the bar, they slide right on :-).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, shwagy357 said:

Is there any need to use glue?

nope, i dont use glue..no need for it, wd-40 will dissipate after a bit, grip wont spin, least mine never has ?. 

i'm installing new oem grips right now on this '97 trx300fw project, will do them the same way i've done for almost 29 yrs, wd-40, slide on, call it a day...lol.

and for removing old grips ?, remove the bar ends ( plastic piece ), take a thin screw driver, poke it in, and up under the grip end, stab it in, under the old grip as far as you can poke it, then use the straw type wd-40, stick it right in beside the screw driver, spray it in, pull screw driver, give the grip a good twist, off they slide !.

• Like 1

This is timely.  I'm doing a mild refresh on my old rancher.  One of the things I'm waiting to arrive is a new set of grips.  I'm glad I saw this.

If you are installing heated grips -- you have to watch the wires from the grip doesn't interfere with the thumb throttle 

I just use an air blower to remove/install grips. A little air swells them enough to slide right on and done.

• Like 1

I agree with both shadetree and toodeep. Wd-40 or air, which ever is closest to you!