slowindown

06 honda foreman ES

9 minutes ago, slowindown said:

All of my plastics finally shipped from Partzilla.  They did not add a shipping fee.  Why that is, I do not know.  When I made the order, I paid the $5.99 expedited shipping fee thinking that it might prevent them from adding a large fee since their disclaimer on large parts specifically only applied to free shipping and to also speed the process up.  Whether that had anything to do with it, I do not know.  The order was certainly not expedited however as I placed it approx 22 days ago.

Good deal!  I've gotten a front and rear fender for a 300 from them but I ordered them separately and 300 fenders aren't that big, so they didn't ding me either.

My guess is is slid through the cracks.  No way they didn't lose money shipping 500 fenders free. 

When Paulie was still at Honda East I saw a screenshot of my order and noticed one of the boxes said "cost + 20%", and his prices were usually about in line with Partzilla (little cheaper, but not much).

Point being, on a $120 Fender, that's not nearly enough markup to cover shipping on something that size.

Better go buy a lottery ticket!

So I've put about 60 miles on it since I cleaned the fuel system/carb. So it has a little over 600 miles on it now. Runs perfect.  This past weekend, I started stripping the old plastics off and depending on how much spare time I have, I may get it back together by the end of this weekend.  Those new plastics sure are pretty - they should be for the price.

This past weekend I also replaced the petcock for the reasons previously discussed.  The impact got the petcock off without spinning the nuts in the plastic.  Thanks for that piece of advice guys.  I had to put a new fuel level sensor in too.  After I got the original one freed up and working, it only lasted maybe a week.   I think the contacts or circuit board piece was just too worn to work consistently after freeing it up.

Glad yours is running well now. I have the same one. I got mine about 6 months ago. Last week was the first time getting out on it.

• Like 1

I got the plastics on. And put a new seat cover on as the factory one was dry rotting. Plus general touch up. Probably will address the wheels and tires soon and add a winch and maybe a rear trunk/seat for the wife. 

90E7EB35-77E5-494B-95E8-D70F83479647.jpeg

D7AE840E-A850-4FF2-8E57-DBB5FB23186D.jpeg

9F1832FB-A36A-44DF-AAB2-708964C52E22.jpeg

E02B6B5C-6897-470F-8270-ECB82075E46E.jpeg

DDF52FB8-4A93-4EB4-9F64-45DBA156DEE6.jpeg

B680DD31-6410-4434-B7BC-161BA857E3D1.jpeg

• Like 5

Finally finished everything I wanted - winch, shackle mount, tires, rear seat and rear foot pegs. My wife said the rear seat is very comfy - we rode a bit last night. 

203C846D-ACFE-4CBC-9A3C-B2EED9D52827.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, slowindown said:

we rode a bit last night.

Happy your still getting some at your age......😋😋🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, TBRider said:

Happy your still getting some at your age......😋😋🤣🤣🤣

You just got to stay in the right gear...

• Haha 3

On 6/30/2020 at 3:51 PM, slowindown said:

You just got to stay in the right gear...

My gear is in neutral most of the time now!🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, PROV said:

My gear is in neutral most of the time now!🙄

Like new diesels  , "Limp Mode " ???? LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3