Loosemarbles

Troy built tillers

I know this is a Honda related item. But I didn’t know where else to put it. I’m looking for an older model Troy built tiller prefer one that has the older Kohler cast iron engine that’s in good shape. Would like to buy one from the surrounding area Ms. 

687AF9F5-BE2D-4D78-98E8-608BA955A3E9.jpeg

Damm i had one of those i gave away to a friend last summer that ran great, even had all the oringinal paperwork, sale price paperwork and the garden row maker that bolted on it to make the rows in ur garden to plant seeds. 

• Like 1

You can't even compare the new ones to the old Horse models... I have an old Horse but have replaced the Kohler engine as it gave up on me.  Please dont give in for a new Troy Built, they are made by a different company and are nowhere the tiller the old ones were.  Keep looking Loose you will find one.....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bcsman said:

You can't even compare the new ones to the old Horse models... I have an old Horse but have replaced the Kohler engine as it gave up on me.  Please dont give in for a new Troy Built, they are made by a different company and are nowhere the tiller the old ones were.  Keep looking Loose you will find one.....

Dang I wish I had posted this earlier lol. I seen some of the newer ones at Lowe’s $1400 😳. I haven’t giving up yet. I have a few leads and hopefully they will pay off. 

• Like 1

Not a Troybuilt , I bought this one at a flea market , carb fouled out , tank dirty , throttle cable frozen , got it for a $100 , cleaned it up , made some repairs and flipped it for $400 --- I wonder who really made it as Sears didn't ? 

IMG_6432.JPG

@basfnb had an old Troy Bilt Pony.  The engine croaked on it, and I tried to get it running.  Parts weren't cheap so he ended up putting a Harbor Freight Predator engine on it.  Works fine like that, but he did lose reverse on it using the Predator.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 10:37 AM, jeepwm69 said:

@basfnb had an old Troy Bilt Pony.  The engine croaked on it, and I tried to get it running.  Parts weren't cheap so he ended up putting a Harbor Freight Predator engine on it.  Works fine like that, but he did lose reverse on it using the Predator.

Same here jeep, the Predator starts on the first pull and good power for my Horse.  Only thing I had to do was disconnect the low oil warning as the tiller is at an angle when digging that it senses being low.

• Like 1

Hey Loose i think i still have the garden row maker for that tiller. Thinks it new still, mayb instructions for mounting it also. If u want it u pay shipping and its urs.  Ill bet it mayb weighs 3lbs or less. 

I have two prediators. Both on air compressors 6.5 and 13.  Both have been great so far 

My dad had a craftsman tiller 760 model or something like that. it worked good. my sister warned me, it would take off in 2nd gear.

i had my 85 Ranger in front of the shed. i run the tiller into the door, an bashed it real good. i bought a new door at the junkyard.

red was a popular color back then. 😄

Not a Troybuilt , I bought this one at a flea market , carb fouled out , tank dirty , throttle cable frozen , got it for a $100 , cleaned it up , made some repairs and flipped it for $400 --- I wonder who really made it as Sears didn't ?

was that the tiller you, and i talked trading on ?  that sure was a good deal for $100 ! 

• Like 1