shadetree

1987 trx350D foreman 4x4

8 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Outta ask more than that Shade.  Used ATV prices are up.  You can always drop it if it doesn't move.

Looks great, as always.

i have not listed it yet on CL's, i might put it in at $ 2,300.00- $ 2,500.00 ?, i will wait until i am all done to decide on asking price. i have not test road it yet ?, so i will make my final judgement after i see that everything is working as it should ?. the shift lever seems to not '' feel '' right when i lift up or push down ?, i am hoping the clutch is maybe sticking on disk ?, or it needs adjusting ?, all i know is..is something is not right with it at times when changing gears ?!.

update: just placed an order for 4 brand new itp mudlite at's, these tires are dry rotted, and some rims need fixing, bit the bullet, bought new tires. thanks goes out to fish for pointing me to bike bandit for the cheapest price !.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

They leaking?  Look like they have decent tread left on them......

Jeep , what you say , Dry rot !!!  Is that what that stuff  is called , as long as they hold air for the day  with no more than 1 bottle of slime in it , send it !!!!!  LOL 

After a good washing , very now and then ,  I spray my tires down ,  with a heavy coat of  Armor-All or some old school STP Rubber Protectorant which is almost gone , that is good stuff , don't know if you can get it any more  , and don't wipe if off , let it soak on , I hate dry rot 

• Like 1

I think I would start that one off at $2,500 at least  ---- you seen  that guy on the old site wants $500 for one that don't run , engine is locked up  , parts missing , fenders all cracked up , tires dry rot 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I think I would start that one off at $2,500 at least  ---- you seen  that guy on the old site wants $500 for one that don't run , engine is locked up  , parts missing , fenders all cracked up , tires dry rot 

gonna have to start off at $ 2,500.00 now that i had to buy new tires...lol. yeah..that guy is a moron to say the least..550 for a pile of junk...haha..then reported me !..rofl..umm...dude..i'm the only mod here ..helloooo !!!..lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

They leaking?  Look like they have decent tread left on them......

yep..they have decent tread on them bro..but the side walls are bad. i had to break them down anyway to fix the dents on the lips of the rims, figured i may as well just buy new tires. if you want these for your project 350's ?. let me know..i'll stash them back, hold them for you next time you head this way, free of charge if you want them ?. no they do not leak. :-).

• Like 1

If they hold air I’ll take them. Used one of the sets of my 350 tires on that Polaris SXS for the little one. Thanks man!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

If they hold air I’ll take them. Used one of the sets of my 350 tires on that Polaris SXS for the little one. Thanks man!

yep..they hold air, i'll put them back for ya bro. and your welcome !. p.s. they are 24x9x11.

• Like 1

sharp as  that bike is going to BE completed, ... I'd go with new rubber too.

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

sharp as  that bike is going to BE completed, ... I'd go with new rubber too.

really did not have much of a choice ?, rims needed fixing, tires were dry rotted, figured what the heck, time to plant some new tires on her. she's not perfect ?, but dang close !!..lol.

• Like 1

got the new tires mounted on the rims, new valve stems on the front rims..they were rotted. need to do some more small stuff before i roll it out of my shop so i can start in on a friends 2011 trx420fpe to change out his harness, oil and oil filter change, gonna make about 300 bucks off that project.

• Like 1

update: got the rims painted, installed, need to adjust the toe-in-out, front wheels are not straight. got the bottom skid plate cleaned and painted, installed. rear hitch installed, but have not painted it yet. was able to crank her up, and check my clutch adjustment, seems to be ok now ?!, shifts a lot better than it was, but i had to turn the adjustment bolt like 2 full turns counter clockwise !..lol. anyway, i will know more when i get it rolled out of the shop, and test ride it. then i will go back over cleaning it up, shiny and all, then take some final pic's, then post it here and on cl's for sale !.

• Like 2

finale update: here she is all done, i'm not gonna do anything else to her. i will post these pics in the for sale thread.

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, superrman77 said:

Good job man!!!

THANKS !..its listed for sale as of right now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

He likes to work for free.

???. i just gotta ask...where the h---ll did this come from ???. where do you get the idea i work for free ??. i do not work for free ?!..never have..never will !. what i do is, help save members a boat load of cash if they want my help ?. i don't do this kinda work to toss money out the window, i do this to keep me busy, and enjoy the work. this has never...NEVER ..been about getting rich for me, maybe some of us just love wrenching for the heck of it ?..hmmm. yeah..this comment does not sit well with me bro..perhaps i got this way off base ?, but bare in mind..i never work for free...EVER !.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

He likes to work for free.

FF. When you were a kid ,  did you poke ant piles with a stick.  

• Haha 2

Sorry shade that was not meant as a slam.  Believe it or not it was meant just the  Opposite,   I meant it that you are way generous and don't think you get paid Enough what you do. You turn out amazing machines when you are done with them and I always feel that you should get more for what you Do. I apologize if you were offended in any way it was not meant that way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

FF. When you were a kid ,  did you poke ant piles with a stick.  

I poked a bear once.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOL.  Shade makes projects a lot nicer than I do.  If I just figure in part prices I probably do ok on flip bikes.  If I figure in anything for labor I'm probably paying myself $3/hour.

• Like 1

You all raising them Hondas from the dead.

Now I’m inspired to go get that Foreman out the mower man’s junkyard. 

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1