shadetree

1987 trx350D foreman 4x4

I gave you a like !!  But had a lot more " Fun " than you did today , quit working on them and rag them a bit, LOL 

• Like 1

got the handle bars installed, new grips, new end caps all installed, steering shaft with new upper bushing installed, call it done for today.

IMG_1112 (1).JPG

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I gave you a like !!  But had a lot more " Fun " than you did today , quit working on them and rag them a bit, LOL 

you know the rule ... pics, and, OR, videos .... i recall you NOW can do you tube.... so we expect more! lol! 

update: got the motor stabbed into the frame, got the top end together last night, decided to see if it would crank and run ?, i had no idea about the starter ??, or even if the cylinder had enough compression ?, if felt iffy too me ?. anyway, got fresh honda oil, honda oil filter, new c.d.i. installed, temp hooked it all up, put some fuel to my fresh rebuilt carb, choke enrichment valve is new honda as well. turned the key on, tested for spark with spark plug laying on top, got spark ! ( better have ! ), put the spark plug in, put fresh fuel to carb, slid the choke over, turned key back on, hit the start button, within 2 sec's....SHE'S ALIVE !!!.

• Like 4

small update: hey outlaws, sorry no updates on this build lately ?, i have been very busy with other things lately, have had a ton of things going on around the house, just have not had time to post any progress pic's or post on this. i've been waiting on some parts to come in, nothing to keep me from getting stuff done though !. either today or tonight, tomorrow ?, i will jump back on this, and get back into the swing of this !. as some of you know, i've been working on getting my brand new fire arm, and its been a real pain lately !!. still fighting this crap, now i sit and wait for MORE PAPER WORK !!..GRRRR...LOL. anyway, i'll try to get some pic's posted soon !!.

• Like 3

I thought ‘bout you last night.  Was watching Live PD.  West Baton Rouge sheriff’s had a guy from Arkansas pulled over.  Lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the one that drew my attention was the honda running from the cops ... i believe that chase was in your neck of the woods, fish... lol. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

the one that drew my attention was the honda running from the cops ... i believe that chase was in your neck of the woods, fish... lol. 

About 70 miles away.  The sheriff was mad.  He was going to go to the convention store to get through video.   So you think the old guy from Arkansas reminded you of shade.  Lol 

• Like 2

if it was a chevy pickup , then YES! lol...  we need to GPS his truck! hm ... od .. i now have no cell service ;) 

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

About 70 miles away.  The sheriff was mad.  He was going to go to the convention store to get through video.   So you think the old guy from Arkansas reminded you of shade.  Lol 

well, you got me pegged on the old part for sure !..rofl.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You gotta wear sunglasses with that engine when outdoors?  lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bcsman said:

You gotta wear sunglasses with that engine when outdoors?  lol

i dont , maybe the new owner will ?..lol.

• Haha 1

update: as you can see from the following pic's, i'm making progress !. it's slowly coming together, but dang...cleaning piece by piece, then painting it ( if it needs it ? ) is making this old man starting to get burn out fast !..lol. the good news about this build ?, is the man that bought the '88 trx350D said he will buy this when its done ?!..lol.

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

• Like 7

Looking good !!! Only thing I see wrong ,  is the gloss black paint where flat should be !!! LOL 

• Haha 1

update: ok pic perv's !, i had a chance to tinker around with this old girl these past fed days ( was waiting on some parts ), got a few things taken care of, slow progress for sure !. got a new oem fuel pump in, front area cleaned and painted, front brakes torn down, had to order new shoes today. got the front swing arm in, front shocks painted and installed. front diff was torn all the way down, and inspected, then put back together, filled with fresh 80w-90 gear oil same as rear diff. taking a break right now, enjoy the pic's !.

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG

• Like 7

here is the muffler i spoke of, did some open heart surgery on it, used old mufflers end , cut off bad end off new muffler, welded it back on, welded some metal around end of new muffler, also cut off the front tangs, and used tangs off old muffler onto new muffler, loose ya yet ?..lol. got it all back together, installed on engine last night, have not starter it yet to check for leaks ?. can't do that until i get all the wire harness hooked back up.

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

• Like 4

small update: spent a few hours on this ole gal today, made a tiny bit of progress, mocked up the rear fender, front fender, got front bumper cleaned and painted, front skid plate painted, and a few small parts painted. was able to run it a bit today ( fish got to hear her crank and run ! ), needed to see if my muffler fix was gonna work ?, so far seems too be holding !. got the battery installed, all the wire harness cleaned up as well. front lights work. ran new rear brake cable to rear brake. bunch of tid-bit stuff here and there. here's some progress pic's for all you atv pic perv's !. sorry its been so long sense last update ?, but i needed to take a break and enjoy some lake time on my jet ski, finish some cabin work, now i'm back on this old gal trying to finish her up !. yes the fenders are still dirty, but i am not done with them yet.

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1179.JPG

• Like 6

update: a few more things done today. front rack. rear rack, rear swing arm with new bushings and rubber hold downs. rear grab bar installed. a few more small items, then i will slap the tires on it, then put it up for sale. i'd like to get $ 2,200.00 cash for it.

IMG_1180.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

• Like 5

How come you want less for this one than the last rebuild?  Looks really good shade...

3 hours ago, bcsman said:

How come you want less for this one than the last rebuild?  Looks really good shade...

because the last one ( 1988 trx350D foreman 4x4 ) was blue !!!..lol. blue is more rare than red models...DO YOUR HOMEWORK !...LOL. AND THANKS !!.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

looks great shade. 

THANKS !.

• Like 1

Outta ask more than that Shade.  Used ATV prices are up.  You can always drop it if it doesn't move.

Looks great, as always.

• Like 1