KoolBreeze

Smell like exhaust

On 4/26/2020 at 5:40 PM, KoolBreeze said:

Yes sir I did and an OE start valve.

When it’s running put your hand near the header/muffler joint—occasionally the pipe shim leaks.

also, the starter gear cover gasket sometimes breaks and you’ll get crankcase gasses puffing thru the hole. They call that “gap-osis” of the gear cover.😂

On 4/28/2020 at 7:26 PM, Goober said:

When it’s running put your hand near the header/muffler joint—occasionally the pipe shim leaks.

also, the starter gear cover gasket sometimes breaks and you’ll get crankcase gasses puffing thru the hole. They call that “gap-osis” of the gear cover.😂

Thank you! I will check that out.

On 4/26/2020 at 2:17 PM, Fishfiles said:

Shade and Goober are the 350 D gurus.  How’s is your plug burning.  

I'm with @Fishfiles but probably from what u said I'm thinking carbon build up, before tearing anything down drain the fuel and get a good fuel system cleaner mix it heavy with a fresh supply of fuel and run er hard for an hour or two if you live on acrage. Then if it don't run better rebuild the carb. I think Amazon has bore scopes that'll link up to your phone on WiFi if I'm not mistaken. You could use it to look in your cylinder to see if there's build up.

^^^ I may be wrong but that's the only thing that came to my mind. If it's misinformation I apologise. 

Just an update, rebuilding the carb seems to have solved this problem as well! I ride her for a while this afternoon and not a hint of exhaust/gas smell in me. 

• Like 3