jeepwm69

Mobil 1 full synthetic on clearance at TSC, rebate too!

Oil on clearance at Tractor Supply.  Pull it up, check availability around you.   Shows up at $29 but when you add to cart the price drops to $14.99

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/mobil-1-truck-suv-full-synthetic-motor-oil-0w-20-5-quart-124572

I just ordered 2 jugs, 5 quarts each, for $15 + tax.  Rebate on each is $12 so that’s about $9 for two 5 quart jugs (4.50 for 5 quarts, or less than a buck a quart) of full syn

https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/promotions/motor-oil-rebate-program-2020

I did customer curbside pickup. 

• Like 1

Only two rebates per household, before anyone goes full "jeepwm69/ hoarder" mode on them.

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2020 at 4:56 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Oil on clearance at Tractor Supply.  Pull it up, check availability around you.   Shows up at $29 but when you add to cart the price drops to $14.99

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/mobil-1-truck-suv-full-synthetic-motor-oil-0w-20-5-quart-124572

I just ordered 2 jugs, 5 quarts each, for $15 + tax.  Rebate on each is $12 so that’s about $9 for two 5 quart jugs (4.50 for 5 quarts, or less than a buck a quart) of full syn

https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/promotions/motor-oil-rebate-program-2020

I did customer curbside pickup. 

Not to say you made a bad purchase, but I recently found out through a trusted source (friend) I have that works for Mobil, that what we see on say Mobil 1 4T Racing for example isn't full synthetic, sure it says it but it's a group 3 oil labeled as full synthetic to get ya to buy it, when in reality it's maybe 20% of the base stock is synthetic. 

That's why  switching to Amsoil 4 Stroke 0W-40 for my 300. Again not raining on your parade lol, but I looked to and Mobil doesn't have tests published and all the info, like Amsoil does on their site. 

I hate when a company lies, unless it says 100% synthetic it's not a true synthetic. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, F250 guy said:

Not to say you made a bad purchase, but I recently found out through a trusted source (friend) I have that works for Mobil, that what we see on say Mobil 1 4T Racing for example isn't full synthetic, sure it says it but it's a group 3 oil labeled as full synthetic to get ya to buy it, when in reality it's maybe 20% of the base stock is synthetic. 

That's why  switching to Amsoil 4 Stroke 0W-40 for my 300. Again not raining on your parade lol, but I looked to and Mobil doesn't have tests published and all the info, like Amsoil does on their site. 

I hate when a company lies, unless it says 100% synthetic it's not a true synthetic. 

I normally run Rotella in my wheelers. I’ve always been a “buy decent, cheap oil and change frequently”

The only 4T I have was $3/quart on closeout at Walmart. 

The oil in the link above will go in the wife’s Daily driver.

I know Amsoil makes an excellent product, I just can’t bring myself to spend that on oil.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I normally run Rotella in my wheelers. I’ve always been a “buy decent, cheap oil and change frequently”

I know Amsoil makes an excellent product, I just can’t bring myself to spend that on oil.

If it helps, even though the cost would be high cost, you can do analysis on your oil and the analyzer will send a report back saying it's good or you got dirt in the oil, wear metals ect. The signature series and their premium filter are good for 1 year or 25k me I'd switch the filter out. But contact Amsoil on the distance between analysis. 

I was going to put a video link but can't find it, I had it n lost it. 

Edited by F250 guy

12 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

This is a nifty little invention , I watch Scotty Kilmers channel, and I'm getting this oil change kit from Valvomax, really neat. 

Edited by F250 guy

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I have fumoto valves on all my street driven cars.  Quality brass valves.  Been using them for 15 years.  Have never had an issue. 

https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=search-fumoto&msclkid=7ede0735b97c175dcb1959876eb6da66

Do rocks n sticks jam the lever open? Was going to get one for my moms 04 Suzuki XL7 but thought nah the plugs at the back I'll get the Valvomax. 

I haven't ever had one flip open.  I put a clip on any that are used offroad.

I've had one on the wife's Rancher for several years and never had an issue with it.

clip.jpg

• Thanks 1