jeepwm69

Today's pick-up, 1997 TRX300FW parts bike

Got this from a local kid this morning.  He sent me a message about it a few weeks ago, asking if I was interested, and I said no.

Then he listed it on FB for $100 OBO so I offered him $80 and went and picked it up.

It's a 97 4wd 300 frame with a-arms, shocks, swingarm, and wiring harness (missing CDI), engine (locked up), good muffler, dented tank that is clean inside.  Also has 3 decent stock tires and one crap tire on a set of stock wheels (not pictured).  One CV looks good, the other the boot is all twisted up so I'm assuming it's bad.

I needed a muffler, so figured the rest was gravy.  LOL

I was outside on the patio talking to @SamUK on the phone yesterday and said "Don't tell the wife, but I just bought another 300 parts bike".  I walked in the house and she says "What is he "not supposed to tell the wife"?

I swear that woman has superpowers when it comes to hearing things I don't want her to hear.🤣

97.JPG

972.JPG

973.JPG

• Like 3

Also had a front diff.  Forgot to mention that.

Any suggestions ot working that dent out of the tank?  Inside actually looked good on it.

have not seen anything that i know of to get dents out of these tanks ?, good luck !..lol. should i be looking in the divorce section soon ?..lol.

• Haha 1

Replacement Tailpipe with a heat shield and mufflers are NLA; good money there.

26 minutes ago, Goober said:

Replacement Tailpipe with a heat shield and mufflers are NLA; good money there.

300's dont have heat shields.