retro

How is ATV Honda performing for you?

How is ATV Honda performing for you?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Web site performance is very important to us. We continually optimize and fine tune a gazillion factors. Please let us know how our Site is performing for you?

• It's way too fast. Slow it down before someone gets hurt!
    • Its perfect. Don't mess with it anymore!
    • Its fast, but I've been on faster sites!
    • Its only average. Ya got a lot more work to do fellahs!
    • Its sluggish, y'all don't seem to have a clue do ya?
    • Its slow man... its junk. Where ya from dummy?

8 hours ago, shadetree said:

by this ^^^ , you mean something like stickies ?, pics ?, what do we need to fill up with ?.

You can rewrite, for example, your "how to adjust vavles" thread for this forum.  Stuff like that will help when people are searching the web on how to do something.

13 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

You can rewrite, for example, your "how to adjust vavles" thread for this forum.  Stuff like that will help when people are searching the web on how to do something.

yeah, I was thinking about all of those, they were stickies on old site, we just call them '' how to here ?. I copied them all to note book, but shoot, i've done it so many times now, I know most of them by heart !..lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i've done it so many times now, I know most of them by heart !..lol.

Yeah but the rest of us don't!  Writem up!

If you create a "sticky" guide on how to do something, use the Tutorials app (choose an appropriate category) to publish it rather than posting in a thread. That way each one will have a short description and a support thread will be created and linked to the Tutorial in the forum automatically.

Try making one for practice if you wish...? We can delete mistakes until you learn how it works. You'll have to buy some feeler gauges before you can advise folks how to adjust valves properly though... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I  think there should be a "like" button, rather than "love".  That's just a little too much, I think.

Also if I click on a thread, it should take me to the new posts since I last came here.

That's what a number of other forums do. 

dc

Edited by David13
  • Like 1

Just now, David13 said:

I  think there should be a "like" button, rather than "love". 

Where do you see a Love button?

1 minute ago, retro said:

Where do you see a Love button?

Ok, I see if I move the cursor over it, it says 'like', but it's a heart as in ... love.  I guess I need to say then, do away with the heart.

dc

3 minutes ago, David13 said:

Also if I click on a thread, it should take me to the new posts since I last came here.

That's what a number of other forums do.

It works that way here too. Can you provide a screenshot so we can find out why its not working for you?

2 minutes ago, David13 said:

I guess I need to say then, do away with the heart.

What would you rather that icon be?

1 minute ago, retro said:

What would you rather that icon be?

Or Like

Or like.

I'll try to see if it comes up on the latest thread and try a screen shot.

dc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David13 said:

Or Like

Or like.

I don't know how to change that icon, but I'll learn how if you show me which one to replace it with? It is a Font Awesome icon and there a gazillion of them to choose from...

3 hours ago, retro said:

If you create a "sticky" guide on how to do something, use the Tutorials app (choose an appropriate category) to publish it rather than posting in a thread. That way each one will have a short description and a support thread will be created and linked to the Tutorial in the forum automatically.

🤣

One thing I noticed on the Tutorials is you can't reply .....

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

One thing I noticed on the Tutorials is you can't reply

You can't reply inside the tutorial, but if you click on the Support topic link it takes you to the thread (automatically created) where you can discuss the subject. The App still needs some work though, its not set up right yet.

7 hours ago, retro said:

Try making one for practice if you wish...? We can delete mistakes until you learn how it works. You'll have to buy some feeler gauges before you can advise folks how to adjust valves properly though... 🤣

uh huh, you can lead a horse to water..but ya can't make him drink It !..lol.

I'mma still gonna mail ya a good set of feeler gauges and a torque wrench one of these days shade. 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, retro said:

I'mma still gonna mail ya a good set of feeler gauges and a torque wrench one of these days shade. 🤣

lol..i'll just mail them right back !!..lol.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, retro said:

My old Honda repair manual says to stick a match cover between the points on some models and a business card for valves. LOL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Misterclean said:

My old Honda repair manual says to stick a match cover between the points on some models and a business card for valves. LOL

match book for points, business card for valves, AND A CREDIT CARD FOR PARTS !..LOL.

Don't knock a adjustable wrench , I have heard a Crescent wrench called a Mexican socket set ..... 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Don't knock a adjustable wrench , I have heard a Crescent wrench called a Mexican socket set ..... 

they also called them monkey wrenches, cuz ya just know..it had to be some dumb monkey trying to use it to change tires !!..lol.

• Like 1

It's a very friendly and engaging community so far. I hope to avoid ever meeting the "ONE" that ruins that experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1