Chevymec

WTB: Briggs & Stratton 691993 gas tank

Briggs & Stratton 691993 4-quart Plastic Fuel Tank

Took the gas tank off my tiller and the tank split at the shutoff valve . Anybody have a good used one? Goes on a 8hp Briggs and Stratton. 

Screenshot_20200430-165530_Amazon.jpg

there's a bunch on ebay... but very pricey, cheapest one I've seen is $109 .... why they would build the shut valve in the tank is strange ... i hope someone here will step up chevy 

Yeah trying not to spend $100 on one because this tiller has not ran in years. Has good spark and compression but not sure on the tiller side. 

I can see why you looking for one , I found a bunch of them any where from $109.99 to $169.99 ---you can get a complete 8hp Clone Predator from Harbor Freight for about $169 ----  run it on a iv bottle hanging on a rack , if you want to hear it run before buying a tank 

you left out some  details  chevy ...lol  (good compression , and a spark) i agree, i can't see spending that for  plastic tank... can you post us some pics ? 

Ill look i may have one of those tanks layin in the shed,  i installed a newer motor i had on a mini bike and it had a plastic tank on it,  didnt use it cause the mini bike had a cool tank already.  Ill look today when out workin on motorcoach and let u know

• Like 2

Well didnt have any luck with the tank for u, mine is a steel one and not even sure what brand it came from now.  

ABF817D6-03AD-40D5-8998-7D64E6574423.jpeg

35F4FBCE-37C8-4A91-BBDA-A7E27164BCD0.jpeg