Goober

TRX300 Fan Control Unit Sub?

Hey Outlaws 

i think i made a major find that early Foreman FCUs will work as a replacement FCU in TRX300 fan kits!

Many of you familiar with the old TRX300 fan kits; problem occurs when you get a steady oil light or no oil light.  Cant find replacement FCU for the optional kit. My old bad FCU doesn’t turn on the oil light momentarily unless it’s already warmed up

I searched by Honda part number for two years and finally found a NOS on fleabay; never found another since. 

so I started searching by the Omron part number—nobody would ever list by that right? Until last week. That seller listed an FCU by the Omron part number and Honda part number — for late 90s Foreman.

so i have a 98 400FW and an 00 450S. Well I swapped the FCU out of all of them and they all worked. my new FCU out of the 450S worked in the 300. My bad 300 FCU worked in my 98 Foreman and 450S but the oil light wouldn’t come on. But they all started but I didn’t do a sensor/fan check

the Omron part numbers are different
The TRX300 part number is the same as the one on fleabay. Ends in -2B. The one on my Foreman 450S ends in a -2D. i will check more closely on the 400 tomorrow 

266A8B97-4F5D-417B-BE59-19BBD0379219.jpeg

030137A1-7CFC-4C4C-936D-0D371F82A7F1.jpeg

24593B5F-27B8-4BB3-AC5E-154974CDD067.jpeg

F98890A5-65C7-4CEB-A5ED-62D35BD2B10A.jpeg

• Like 2

Did 300s  with fans have a sub wiring  harness ? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Did 300s  with fans have a sub wiring  harness ? 

No they only came with a blue fan wire i think. Mac or Jeep sent me the instructions. I’ll post em up
you’re supposed to remove the alarm unit, remove a plug from the 4p? connector and install the blue fan power wire in that socket. Then install the FCU. Ground the fan to the back of the coil.

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

but i found the FCU from 96-00 Foreman will also work!!

related to your other post ^^^ (what have you done with your atv today? ) any updates ? on this one ? 

yes , they come with sub wire harness, but only with over seas models , and maybe some Canada sold models ?  .. but with domestic models ... no, not unless they were specail orders ... the fan kit was a hondaline option, not standard on floor models .. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

If you have a 3rd gen, couldn't you just use a 350 Rancher CDI with the fan plugs on it?

• Like 1

Spent the day replacing the lighting and wire harness on my little tilt trailer. Power washed it, too. My sweetie want to go on a trail ride so i got the TRX300 in the truck and I’ll load the Can Am on the tiltie.

5D8CA963-E818-4567-8612-0C7A3629457D.jpeg

4BF562D7-00AC-4D6B-B564-7C9EAB118692.jpeg