bryanc5712

New old member from honda atv forum

Hi guys! Just wanted to make an appearance, I see most guys are now on this site to the other one so thought I'd join up, just a quick thing on my 300 recently got it, just finished rebuilding it from the frame back up, (was pretty ! rough) and of course thanks to shadetree who helped me through it 😉 only thing I didn't have to touch was the engine (typical 300) basically it was just a wee project to pass the time during this covid 19 crap, wasn't fussed on looks just wanted everything underneath to be mint, had it out for its first spin yesterday, definitely got put through its paces, bogs, wide open most of the day and (flying higher than any 300 ever should off peat banks tbh) performed flawlessly not a single issue, not the best photos but here she is, gold star to anyone who can guess the colour of the front and rear plastics 🤭

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums , 300 is the best Honda ever built 

• Like 2

Cheers guys!! Hopeing to stick around, I've got a foreman 450 aswell which my grandfather has now, it was to mint to ruin, plus I've always preferred 300's, so, so glad I got another, your really not wrong there @Fishfiles!!!!!!! Anyone guess the shade of red the 300 is? So far only one person has noticed its not a honda standard colour 😂

• Like 2

Cheers @_Wilson_™ just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the pre 1993 engines fit in the later model frames? Mines a 1990 and one of my mates has a 1995, it's amazing the small little differences between the 2, not to mention that parts for first gens can be a b!?)! £ to find, anyone know exactly what's differenr between the first and the second gen? 

• Like 1

thanks! that's a nice speedo and hour meter setup ... not a standard option over here in the states ....  be a nice edition to hondaline thread. 

TRX300 2WD
Passion Red/ 1988-1997
Patriot Red/ 1998-2000
Southern Blue/ 1993-1994
Adventure Green/ 1994-2000
Harvest Beige/ 1995-2000

TRX300 4WD
Passion Red/ 1988 and then 1991-1997
Patriot Red/ 1998-2000
Cosmic Gray/ 1988 only
Southern Blue/ 1990-1994 (Only option for 1990)
Adventure Green/ 1992-2000
Harvest Beige/ 1995-2000

credit for this ^^^ goes to @Fishfiles

• Like 1

Welcome here bryanC, fine looking 300 there but don't have a clue on the red paint.  I have a 450 and love it so you have 2 sturdy machines....

The 1st gen frames are 2 inches longer in the front section , you can run bigger tires on the front , the 1st gen turns up more rpms as there is no rev limiter on the cdi , your 90 has 2 more horsepower than the 2nd gen , 90 was the last year before they de-cam'ed and de-jet'ed them ---so if your buddie's  95 can kick your butt then yours is worn out 

• Like 1

Cheers everyone!  And yea it was standard in a lot of the later models over here @_Wilson_™  and thanks @bcsman I really would be stuck if I had to choose between which one I could keep forever tbh 😂 @Fishfiles thanks for that, my rev limiter is astronomical, and it's noticeably quicker than any other 300 I've been on, was it just till 1990 they had the bigger cams? I assumed it did,  but wasn't 100% sure

• Like 1

90 was the last year for the cam , 88 was the only year with the U shaped exhaust pipe ,  I think 93 was the last year for no rev limiter , unless you are running a Rick's CDI 

• Like 1

Thanks @Fishfiles do you know if the older gen engines fit in the newer style frames? I was always curious just in case Id need it, I know  the plastics, tanks, front arms, shocks anything like that are different, but wasn't to sure if the engine would bolt over

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 5:58 PM, bryanc5712 said:

Thanks @Fishfiles do you know if the older gen engines fit in the newer style frames? I was always curious just in case Id need it, I know  the plastics, tanks, front arms, shocks anything like that are different, but wasn't to sure if the engine would bolt over

Yes , the 1st gen engine will fit into a 2nd gen frame , my wife's 300 is a 90 engine in a 96 frame , the electrical components  and wiring harness are all 90 , also you need to use the drive shaft to match the gen , 1st gen frames are two inches longer in the front 

fullsizeoutput_42e.jpeg

• Like 1

Massey Ferguson red is the colour 😂 close enough to honda red imo lol!! 🤣

• Haha 1

I thought it was fire red cause it looks similar to what I painted my welder

20200401_184313.jpg