Fishfiles

Food Channel

Boiled 40 pounds of crawdads , there were no survivors , these were from Belle River , Louisiana , Troy from Swamp People 

fullsizeoutput_c5a.jpeg

• Like 4

Today it’s baby back ribs.  Pork tenderloin. Seafood stuffed artichoke mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese 

F0689329-7A3A-49E0-8E67-2E7425BDA86F.jpeg

• Like 4

On 3/2/2020 at 6:16 PM, Fishfiles said:

I like the potatoes too , brown ones , yellow ones , red ones , it don't matter -----  but you got to try sweet potato , it is the next level ----- my wife eats a few , but she is not the best at peeling them , so it is not many that she eats  , I seen her tray this weekend , maybe 10 or so 

you cant quit any body to eat red or yeller tators around here. they musta been adopted, no fried okra neither, i dont know whats wrong with them.

i was at the hospital when some were born, an i'd about swear they got switched. they are direct kin of mine, but no way we are related or v/s.

• Like 1

I found a couple of pics , you'll already seen them ribs and pork tenderloin I grilled Sunday , but after it was cut it looked pretty and tender as can be , here is a pic , keep them dry this time , no sauce , I like them that way some times 

And was digging for some papers last night and found a pic of the wife on a instamatic camera Christmas pass by her Dad's house , and took a pic of that pic to store it in my desk top , do you believe she is 64 and rides like the Devil 

RenhQLOgR7ySfAlLymy8EQ.jpg

9ZnPACHqQmyYU+GozZ6AgQ.jpg

D96zee0DSIuxbhI1M001gQ.jpg

• Like 4

mrs fish .... ?? nice looking partner you got there fish :-) i was always a sucker for long hair ... lol , i haven't broke into my mad cooking in a while ... going to have get back in the groove again ..... 

• Like 1

Wilson , maybe  what you need is , a 4 wheeling woman that can cook a good jalepeono corn bread , LOL 

• Like 1

oh.... i have the cooking / cornbread covered .... lol! as for a woman atv rider .... who rides the way i do .... you won't find one around here, those good ol country girls have pretty much vanished.... or (sadly) turned to drugs ... like so many other people have...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh.... i have the cooking / cornbread covered .... lol! as for a woman atv rider .... who rides the way i do .... you won't find one around here, those good ol country girls have pretty much vanished.... or (sadly) turned to drugs ... like so many other people have...

• Haha 1

i reply to the cooking thread,. i know how to make crispy chicken in the oven, that is tender. i only did this once, but have to find the proper cooking tools, to make this turn out right. fart, an air frier, if i can do this again. i need a rack an a drip pan. so far the closest is the "BaconBananza". the rack will keep the battered chicken up, an the fat from the chicken, will not make the crust soft. maybe i can cook bacon at the same time, not., any way the drip from fat will fall into pan, thus leaving the crust, crispy. only, i had the colonels recipe before, before gov. brown. got elected. now, it's just salt an pepper.  "ky fried chicken" aint got the spices it once had. once it was 11 spices, maybe more, when brown bought it out, the flavor changed.

well, enough about chicken. how to cook it, is a different subject.

• Like 1

Ted , wonder if any one got any seagull and pigeon recipes , chicken might be a thing of the past with the way things are going 

Don't knock that  air frier , it is OK , not really crispy like Mama's stove top deep grease fried chicken , but it is eatable , doesn't make as much mess , saves money on oil  , easier to clean up and not that a give a crap , but would guess it is healthier for you with out all the grease ----- I usually find anything health is not that good of taste , but just about everything that is fun and enjoyable falls in three categories , bad for your heath , against the law or a sin 

Ted , not sure but I think your method of oven cooked chicken was hi-jacked from  Kentucky Fried Chicken , it is ok , but Popeye's  blows them away 

• Like 1

I've used this season mix before .... i use this on oven baked bone in thys , legs, and leg quarters ... how i do mine is on a elevated rack over a drip pan... i don't care for the grease ether ... and it doesn't turn out as dry as you'd think ... i never really cared for the original Kentucky fried chicken .. it's too greasy  .. IMO ... Popeyes is indeed much better! 

image.jpg

• Like 2

I can actually say I knew Al Coplin personally and done work for him , I painted his office , he was a party animal and a very righteous dude , who came from nothing and built an empire and never forgot where he come from and I can say I got to eat fried chicken from his first Arabi , Louisiana chicken store ---  ever try the new Popeye's chicken strip sandwich , yummmm !!!  You can get killed over one of them Popeye's chicken sandwiches, it is documented , even in the fake news ..... Mardi Gras sauce on the spicy chicken strips rules !!! 

• Like 2

I hear you Wilson , The dark meat is much tastier and juicier , I prefer my thighs boneless though ---I  use to be white meat only , but I was a democrat at one time also ---- live and learn 

Man I got something good eatin' lined up for Mother's Day , besides a sack of crayfish and fixin's , going to have a throw down ,  picked  up today a boneless chicken stuffed with crayfish étouffée , wanted the crab meat stuff'in but they were out  ,  a stuffed artichoke ( classic style ) , a 5 pac of crayfish boudin and what ever else gets cooked up for sides --- 

Thinking about that boudin, cut out the casing , layered over  and topped with  crescent roll doe in the oven , with pepper jack cheese , banana peppers and pepper jelly 

• Like 1

I'm getting hungry ... lol .. i always thought (or was told) bone in made the thys retain more moisture ... then again, I've also heard of people splitting the meat down to the bone ..... I've have to talk to my butcher about hooking me up with some boneless thys .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'm getting hungry ... lol .. i always thought (or was told) bone in made the thys retain more moisture ... then again, I've also heard of people splitting the meat down to the bone ..... I've have to talk to my butcher about hooking me up with some boneless thys .

The saying I remember was something like " the closer the bone the sweeter the meat , the sweeter the meat , the better to eat " , but mind might be off track a bit 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

no, no ... I've heard those words too.. i think there's a song from grampa jones .... from 1952. 

• Like 1

made black bean ham soup this evening .... only thing that bothers me is using canned tomatoes .... but I'll take these over any store green house hybrid chemical treated tomatoes..  aka .... never ripen .... soup turned out great! .... now jut need  hot skillet of cornbread! i reckon i must be part Cajun ;) cause i really enjoy spicy foods, and have a very short temper ... haha! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

i got a taste for black beans in florida 85. cant get much here to eat them. the save a lot had decent caned mators, maybe still do. still better than store bought tomatoes. anything is compared to store..

On 5/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

I've used this season mix before .... i use this on oven baked bone in thys , legs, and leg quarters ... how i do mine is on a elevated rack over a drip pan... i don't care for the grease ether ... and it doesn't turn out as dry as you'd think ... i never really cared for the original Kentucky fried chicken .. it's too greasy  .. IMO ... Popeyes is indeed much better! 

image.jpg

KK seasoned flour, i've had this over burgers cooked on a grill. it was mixed with egg and milk, then painted on as the burger cooked. (they poked a hole in the center of the burger, the make it cook even). burgers were great.

i tried 3 thys, in the oven, on top of aluminum foil that was on top of a nonstick pan.. i need a drip pan, a rack above the pan. 1st. time i did this. except for spots, sitting in its own grease, it was crispy, an tender. i think i used 315f or 350f. it didnt take long for it to be done. crunched up some cornflakes to be part of the coating.

they like white meat here. even close to the bone it dont have as much flavor. just depends on what its dipped in when it is cooked, or whats added to the outside.

• Like 1

hm basting grilled burgers with raw egg milk, and KK chicken flour ... this is a first for me... , now .... i have basted while grilling burgers with assorted seasons / sauces , but the best way, IMO , is to mix the raw meat with the seasons then grill. i have heard egg will make them hold together much better, bit, i prefer eggs, and milk , only in meatloaf, fish .. reminded me the best way to do burgers is to dent the raw patties. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Going to do some grilling today , dry rubbed baby back ribs and some poppers , jalepeano peppers stuffed with boudin and wrapped with bacon ( pre-made )  , with some left over crayfish Alfredo 

• Like 2

i never said anything about raw egg. i said the KK flour was mixed with egg and milk. get some reading glasses, lol
then perhaps you will understand what i write.
well, at least half what i write, i got dyslexia, and write it so. hahaha
read the missing words, i dont make fun of your spelling, as if, i got room to talk.
i guess the yoke is on both of us.

"Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour" is not just for chickens.

Edited by LedFTed

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

i never said anything about raw egg. i said the KK flour was mixed with egg and milk. get some reading glasses, lol
then perhaps you will understand what i write.
well, at least half what i write, i got dyslexia, and write it so. hahaha
read the missing words, i dont make fun of your spelling, as if, i got room to talk.
i guess the yoke is on both of us.

"Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour" is not just for chickens.

i take back what i said, i need better reading glasses. the yoke is on me. the thumb print in the middle, makes for better cooking, plus holds cheese.

guess i cut the cheese in previous post. sorry for that, my apologies. i guess eating crow is on my menu, an deserved.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 1

I smoked a lake trout yesterday. Mmmmm...... It's the fish on the left. Released the other one.

IMG_20200515_143626005.jpg

IMG_2881.JPG

Edited by PROV
  • Like 3