Fishfiles

Food Channel

I been bite 3 times by horses , never kicked or thrown , use to ride a lot , in Mississippi , in Kiln , we use to go to Papa Lee and Circle G stables and rent horses to ride in the creeks , then learned the creeks were a cool place to ride and got into trucks and 3 wheelers and quit riding horses 

i kind of miss riding.... as for being thrown... it was that 17 hand tall (thats above adverage in height)  Appaloosa .... that tossed me... he was never used to being around cattle ... and i didn't take the time to break him to that experience ...  so .. i take partial blame .... but, all, in all he was a good natured horse... 

• Like 2

i didnt get thrown till i started exercising race horses. i lost count after 150 times. 2 yr. old are terrible about that. i hate peacocks and guinea's.

i believe after 150 + times .... maybe it was time to give it up.... the body can take only so much abuse ... and always lets you know of thoss painfull incidents ... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Usually we have our yearly mother's day lobster feed, it still happened this year just a few weeks late....

20200525_180915.jpg

• Like 5

That was the first batch, the pot was full with another round when I took the pic...

20200525_173340.jpg

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Usually we have our yearly mother's day lobster feed, it still happened this year just a few weeks late....

20200525_180915.jpg

Monster crayfish !!!  That looks good , you'll use seasoning and boiled them or steamed ---- 

That must have been $600 worth of lobster , I'm guess $15 a piece 

60 or so lobster around 5 bucks a pound right off the boat, I don't buy from the stores just straight from the fisherman. $300 bucks.

Edited by TBRider
  • Like 1

We just boil them in salt water and have lots of butter and garlic butter with them. 30 min in the pot and they are good to go....

• Like 2

Usually I get so full of lobster I crap red !...... that takes a lot......😋

3 hours ago, TBRider said:

20200525_180915.jpg

Man that looks really good,would rather that than crawfish any day.

• Sad 1

Come on riverc , thought you was a homie ---- Lobster is OK , but now where near as good as crayfish !!! 

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Come on riverc , thought you was a homie ---- Lobster is OK , but now where near as good as crayfish !!! 

Lol,I hear ya....After living out of Louisiana for 25 years,didn't eat boiled crawfish much,I am not a big fan of boiled crawfish.I would rather pig out on some boiled shrimp.

Fish, you just haven't experienced a northern Atlantic lobster feed, Maine has similar lobster, but the colder the water the better the lobster.

riverc , I would rather eat boiled shrimp than crayfish too and shrimp season is starting up ---- I got a shrimp boat ,  I didn't up my licenses , so I will be buying and not catching them 

TB , I have ate my share of lobster , Maine and Florida , I use to do a lot of scuba diving and caught many lobster in Florida , their ok if boiled with seasoning like crayfish , but kind of rubbery to me  , now maybe some Lobster Thermidor I'd be happy 

23 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I use to do a lot of scuba diving

why does this not shock me lol! is there anything you haven't done ?? 

17 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

why does this not shock me lol! is there anything you haven't done ?? 

My wife tells me that all the time , I was always into trying everything , she will say I didn't know you knew how to do that , I say , I didn't know , I just learned -----

I still got my scuba gear under the bed , my ex-wifes brother was a saturation diver in the North Sea , started when he was 18 , he retired at 28 years old and has never worked another day in his life and he is 63 now , he made big bucks , I learned to dive from him and my ex-wife dove also , we went thru dive school just to get the certifications , I had the entire dive set up , Zodiak boat on the trailer , under water metal detectors , cameras , spearguns , spennt a lot of time in the Florida Keys and dove all around the world --   my wife now would never make it as a diver , she panics in the shower --  LOL ----

did you read where I just graduated YouTube school of cabinet making and pool table recovering ---- what didn't I try , mostly things that involve cold ,  I never played hockey or rode a snow mobile , but I did snow ski and real good at ice skating 

well rounded ... lol, oh yeah , i saw you passed a couple more skills , just don't forget honda mods rule!!  .... keep going !! 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 5:47 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

i believe after 150 + times .... maybe it was time to give it up.... the body can take only so much abuse ... and always lets you know of thoss painfull incidents ... 

body is letting me know now, an sometimes then. the 1st 99 was in 6 mts., then i went to a trainer. he taught me more on how to ride than anybody.

i been on the ground before, an dont remember getting thrown. on a horse, never got thrown off the left side, i did get throwed by my atv over the left handle bars.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

Now days , you can learn to do about anything with desire , you-tube and some friends , lol ---- stay busy  and use your mind has always helped me get thru , an idle mind is the devil's workshop , rolling stone gathers no moss , if you don't use it you will lose it , live your retirement while your body and mind can still function 

• Like 1

Baby lobsters !!!  You'll put other things in the boil to eat along with them lobsters , like garlic , corn on the cob , potatoes , sausage , mushrooms , celery , asparagus , pineapple , etc , etc 

fullsizeoutput_c7e.jpeg

XbPH1c8GQdOxGgwg5BNeFg.jpg

On 5/27/2020 at 7:21 AM, TBRider said:

That was the first batch, the pot was full with another round when I took the pic...

20200525_173340.jpg

crawdads

• Like 1

crayfish , crawfish , craydads , 'dads , cray's , mud bugs , they go by all kinds of names , but all the same , good eatin' ----

the crayfish season has come to an end , you can get them pretty much year round , but they get hard shell , late in the season

it is the start of shrimp season now , I got an urge for some this weekend , my favorite shrimp come from the corner pocket of the Gulf between Gulf Shores and Destin, they call them Hoppers , 5-10 to the pound , red dot on their sides , I get them out of Bayou LaBatture , LOL like in the movie Bubba Gump Shrimp , they are sweet , nothing wrong with Louisiana wild caught shrimp , but them Hoppers are hitting , I get them frozen right on the boat , but in a 25 pound box of water , so when defrosted they are just like right out the net , boil better than fresh cause they peel so easy , no IQF shrimp is worth a crap 

i made a salad yesterday, an used some vit-C powder for seasoning. it was good. lol, but true

Edited by LedFTed
  • Sad 1