Fishfiles

Food Channel

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

We do a lot of poppers too , lot of work prepping them , another reason I like to be the cook , cause I got to test a few along the way , LOL    ---  my favorite is with a shrimp , but boudin will do .... 

The shrimp idea sounds good!!!!!! My neighbor puts cream cheese crab dip in his, they are pretty tasty too!!!!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dnolley024 said:

That’s some cream cheese with some of my homemade rub sprinkled in, soy sauce, and parmesan cheese. D-elicious!!!!!!!

i do mine with Philly cream chez mixed with a small amount of hooters wing sauce then wraped with thick apple wood bacon .... talk about delicious!!! lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i do mine with Philly cream chez mixed with a small amount of hooters wing sauce then wraped with thick apple wood bacon .... talk about delicious!!! lol 

O ya!!!!! Now your talking my language!!!!!! LOL

• Like 1

We did a meatloaf last week in the smoker,it’s called Jacked up Meatloaf,you put pepper jack cheese in the middle,some Jack Daniels in the mix,turned out great.I told the wife next time we need to put more Jack Daniels in it . Lol 😂 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tooomuch7 said:

We did a meatloaf last week in the smoker,it’s called Jacked up Meatloaf,you put pepper jack cheese in the middle,some Jack Daniels in the mix,turned out great.I told the wife next time we need to put more Jack Daniels in it . Lol 😂 

Have you smoked one wrapped in bacon yet?? HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!

Poppers.  Jalapeño and a couple of green pepper ran out of bacon.  Crayfish.  Boudin.  Philadelphia cream cheese wrapped in bacon.  It’s 5 o’clock somewhere 

AE9C09A2-B7C8-48AA-8782-BA1F156CFFFA.jpeg

• Like 2

A guy would probably need a cocktail with that for safety so it doesn't stick in your throat!!🥃

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2020 at 11:09 PM, PROV said:

LedFted, there is a temp sensor on the evaporator coil in the freezer section. A timer starts your defrost for a predetermined time. But usually the coils are deiced before then, the sensor opens stopping the heater and freezer will restart when timed out. So I'm guessing you have a bad defrost sensor.

it came from the factory like that. the freezer/refrigerator, leaks water on the inside, it leaks out, to the floor, i wrote to slammed ranger, some years ago, in a different world, [the other forum], an, got close to the problem, slammed said, probably near the same thing. its a GE model, has 4 sensors, an a circuit board. 2 have to do with defrost. i could never figure out how to get the ice box apart, to replace the sensors there. [just learned about the 4 sensors recently], after ya posted. its my brothers refrigerator now, i'l let him deal with it. though, i will tell him about the sensors. thanks

On 6/11/2020 at 10:44 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

I've always heard ... once meat has been frozen.... and then when it's defrosted you shouldn't re freeze it but ether cook, or toss it... ... ib be looking into that issue. maybe slammed would have some advise on why it's cycling warn enough to defrost, personally never had that issue ... 

ya dont know how awful freezer burnt meat, an veggies taste. hope ya never find out,.. ...

• Confused 1

ya dont know how awful freezer burnt meat, an veggies taste. hope ya never find out,.. ...

huh ???

i have two chest type  deep freezers ... I'm well aware of what freezer burnt meat taste like , but the smell, and look is what i notice .... anyways mine are both cleaned of the older frozen items ... did them about the same time as FF .. did his. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

anyways ... back to jalapeño poppers ...... I've been wanting to fix some for the longest time, but there are none .... at the grocery store i frequent .... and avocados.... have become just as rare....  yesterday ... was a grilled rib eye , loaded salad, and mexican brown beans, and rice .... and tea, although ... popers sure would have fit in good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

anyways ... back to jalapeño poppers ...... I've been wanting to fix some for the longest time, but there are none .... at the grocery store i frequent .... and avocados.... have become just as rare....  yesterday ... was a grilled rib eye , loaded salad, and mexican brown beans, and rice .... and tea, although ... popers sure would have fit in good. 

Been lucky we have been getting jalapeno peppers and all the vegetables , although sometimes they don't look the best ----  the avocados availability  I don't know , don't eat them any more , use to , don't know why , just quit , I don't usually eat guacamole either when it comes on a plate  of Spanish food ---- nothing wrong with a ribeye as long as it is burnt well done and crispy on the edges , LOL 

Them poppers did finish up as pretty as they could have been , was kind of tired yesterday , but they sure did taste good ---- those 3 with out bacon where green bell pepper as I had some cream cheese and boudin left over but only one of the 4 bell peppers got bacon , they were pretty good , it was a sweet taste 

fullsizeoutput_cdd.jpeg

• Like 1

oh...... your making me hungry again.... lol ... hm... bell peppers .... I'll sure look into that, we have plenty of those ....I've got two frozen, for fixings with chili.... but ... they won't do... for stuffing.... i really enjoy avocados in my salad, heck, i can eat those on a loaded hamburger ... just no pickle ... lol , well ... maybe on the side.. I've got to back to cooking again.... everyone is staying home all over again.... sigh... anyways .... those poppers look just right.... i like mine crispy! 

• Like 1

My Dad loved his avocados , he grew a tree from a seed , he use to cut them in half , and fill the center divit with olive oil and vinegar , salt and pepper and dig in 

• Like 1

I been wanting  some boiled shrimp , was going to get some this weekend past , but they didn't look too good as we are in the closed  season , the white shrimp season will be open soon , might be this morning  , so maybe they will be fresher for the weekend , just got the idea of taking a few shrimp from the boil pile and wrapping them up in a popper 

58 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh...... your making me hungry again.... lol ... hm... bell peppers .... I'll sure look into that, we have plenty of those ....I've got two frozen, for fixings with chili.... but ... they won't do... for stuffing.... i really enjoy avocados in my salad, heck, i can eat those on a loaded hamburger ... just no pickle ... lol , well ... maybe on the side.. I've got to back to cooking again.... everyone is staying home all over again.... sigh... anyways .... those poppers look just right.... i like mine crispy! 

I was looking at them poppers and thinking.  They might cook better , faster and more evenly if I were to fry them in a frying pan  with an inch of cooking oil. Healthy could be questionable but I’ll take taste over healthy ever time. Or maybe even stick them on a cookie sheet in the oven.  But that ain’t no fun cooking inside. 

that's the reason, I've bypassed on stocking up on certain produce items... the quality just isn't there .... i reckon it's going be like this for a while... my last batch of poppers i did on the grill.... with one of those grill grate sheets ... the hickory sure did add  a nice added flavor! I'd say slow frying would work good, never tried it myself, but I'd know how they would turn out. 

• Like 1

I’m sure you guys have done this,we did corn on the cob in the smoker over the weekend,We put a rub on it and cooked it for an hour,outstanding.

• Like 2

I've never tried that..... always grilled mine in the husk..... but that sounds good!  what type of rube ? 

I have never smoked corn , that sounds funny , I have grilled it in the husk , I usually de-husk it , wash it with a brush ,  then wrap it in aluminum foil with a slice of butter and shake my 7 seasonings in one container over it  ----  when it comes to corn ,   I like it all , but the white corn is the best or even the mixed , where there is white and yellow on the same cob , wife says I cook the corn on the grill  too much , so I take hers off early , I cook mine till it got some color to it and shivels up , LOL 

I left the husk on,peeled it back,took the silk off,push the husk back over the corn,soak for about two hours.Take it out of water,then put the rub on it.

1/4 cup melted butter 

1 tablespoon light brown sugar 

1 teaspoon paprika 

1 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 green onions sliced thin

mix all together and brush on.

cooked it for around an hour at 250.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I have never smoked corn , that sounds funny , I have grilled it in the husk , I usually de-husk it , wash it with a brush ,  then wrap it in aluminum foil with a slice of butter and shake my 7 seasonings in one container over it  ----  when it comes to corn ,   I like it all , but the white corn is the best or even the mixed , where there is white and yellow on the same cob , wife says I cook the corn on the grill  too much , so I take hers off early , I cook mine till it got some color to it and shivels up , LOL 

live done it like that before (wrapped) i just do sweet corn, farm raised  field corn used to be safe to pick /cook, or freeze, but with the the chemicals ... used .... it's not like it used to be....  when farmers raised it for silage... we never treated  ours due to the fact is was chopped, stored .... till it fermented , then fed back to feeder calves... same with corn we shelled to feed hogs with... some farmers will post signs ...(not for  human consumption)  most of  the corn i get comes straight from the Amish ... plus fresh garden tomatoes. 

• Like 1

I never heard that “not for human consumption “ thing for corn before. That’s   Scary.  You know I have read where a lot of the produce we eat here  in the USA  comes from Mexico and they use chemicals that ban here like DDT.  It is ok to eat it from there but no good for our farmers to use the same products 

• Thanks 1

that's very true! ..... oh i could tell you stories of the friends I've lost in past... that used to run those chevy spray trucks .... 90% of them died due to complications of being subjected to weed killer....  personaly I'm sure I've been subjected to some of that poison, especially ... when i raised tobacco ... with the Armstrong family, bromide gas was a bad one, used in gasing beds.... prime plus for sucker control was another one.... it's to bad farmers have come to the point of raising corn for gas..... so.... we just have our cattle on pasture, and hay during the winter.... just wish i had time to raise a garden of my own.... but with everything being so busy..... it's not very easy, plus with all the wet weather, it's been darn  impossible this season, heck ... no one has a garden this year.... haven't even seen one single road side stand this year, and that's just strange, but... I'm sure there are other reasons.... i won't go there. lol. 

• Like 1