Fishfiles

Food Channel

Starting out on a bad note on the food channel for the weekend party   , went outside this morning  and the outside freezer/fridge when out , 41 on the freezer side and 56 on the fridge side and it leaked water all over the place , had to throw away 20 packs of assorted meats , all the meats were soft  and defrosted , not worth taking a chance if it is good or not , some deer sausage and boudin was the most valuable to me ----was just pricing the cheapest of the fridges and they have gone up in price with the corvid thing going on 

• Sad 1

Electricity went out in a thunder storm.  No more beers.  Coffee on the fire 

82CBBECF-E518-40B5-AD4E-A197E20C9742.jpeg

• Like 2

Buying a refrigerator right now was kind of hard , and the places I went ,  all told me buying a freezer is a lot harder than that , out of 80 choices at three stores , there was only 6 in stock , 3 of them 6 were over $2,500 higher end , and one was the cheapest rental apartment style over and under in white ,with no ice maker for $1,000 ,  ordering time was any where from Sept 9 to Oct 2 , after taxes and extended warranty as this is an outside fridge , $1,500 , WOW , should have bought a $200 flea market one , but you never know the P.O. might have been a cannibal and had human remains in it , LOL ---- guess everyone is hoarding meat and needs freezers  , maybe it is the import chain is broken and there are a shortage  of factory workers cause they are drawing $800 a week to not work , who knows !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same old same old yesterday , but I never tire of them  , 25 pounds of boiled shrimp , 10-15 per pound count , they are going for $4.99  a pound at the local seafood shop , the little ones to the right in the pic are $1.99 they were calling them 35-40s   ----    man did the come out good , peeled perfect , sweet and hot taste , the sweet potato in the boil is excellent , better than regular 'tators -----   was told yesterday there are 150 different types of potatoes , need to ask Siri bout that ---- got about 2 pounds left of them shrimp with some fixings for a lunch appetizer today 

my blue 300 ran great yesterday , my buddy Vic blew out the swing arm bearing on the 300 2wd I sold him , 30 feet , 30 seconds was my warranty , told him he made 20 trips on it , no warranty , but  if he takes it apart , I'll lend him the tools  , I'll  cut the races out with the torch and knock the new races in 

61979575613__F36733AC-C110-4372-B8C1-3A57DAA3F765.JPG

• Like 2

This guy is from Turkey , he must have 100 videos , the call him The Salt Bay as you can see why at the end , every video he makes ends the same way , I might would like to try this one :

• Haha 1

Simple but tasty , yesterday at daylight I was cooking up a pot of Great Northern beans , threw in a pound of Italian sausage  and some pickled meat , onions , green peppers , garlic , celery , Rotel tomatoes and peppers , a can of roasted garlic condensed soup ,  5 hours in the Ninja stove top/crock pot , they were a hit , and grilled some boneless country style ribs , friends brought baked mac , jalepeono and pepper cheese sausage 

o5wtHgJGT+2BLqcJPBpAqw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d30.jpeg

• Like 1

here's my grill, and cooking steaks tonight...rib-bye, porter house, and t-bone.

IMG_1282.JPG

• Like 3

That one on the left , looks like the rib-eye , is about 1/3 done for me  , " crispy " is what I am looking for 

I like that grill ^^^  , it's huge -----   I could invite a few extra people with that one , as long as I ain't got to pay to fill it up , LOL 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That one on the left , looks like the rib-eye , is about 1/3 done for me  , " crispy " is what I am looking for 

nope, just some pink on the inside, medium-rare., juicy+tender. been a while, but i can still handle a good steak.

Edited by LedFTed

on the side; are Ninja products, good products; ?

4 hours ago, shadetree said:

here's my grill, and cooking steaks tonight...rib-bye, porter house, and t-bone.spacer.png

IMG_1282.JPG

Looks like a good grill, i would like the racks, built up with, previous cooks. not cleaned with a wire brush. seems silly to clean the racks, ever time ya cook. defeats the purpose. besides the meat or whatever, if the grill is hot enough, takes care or previous cooking.

looking at these pictures, guess i got to get something to eat. the picts put a thought in my brain, just, to find something to eat.🙂

watch some news., while i can, those three steaks, would put me out, well, at lease asleep. maybe near comatose. then, i could run for the governor, of new york, and win.

yup, 1st, i'll get sumpen to eat.  

Edited by LedFTed
why not, nope, mosly spelling.

I got ripped off a while back , local meat market had a big sign out front on the highway = whole ribeye 1/2 price , so I am passing by hungry and did a u-turn and  bought one and had the butcher cut it into 1 inch thick steaks , I got 19 steaks for $45 , they looked great , I was like , I got a deal , 2 ribeyes  can cost $20 now days , so I took the time to  wrapped them individually , then in freezer zip-locks and froze them , cooked a couple for me and the wife , those mudders were so tuff , I must have chew and spit out 1/2 of my steak ,  what a waste of wrapping paper and zip-locks >  since then I heard people say that place sells cheap because the meat comes from Argentina ---   you get what you pay for ----  buyer beware ---- if it looks too good to be true , it isn't true 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Walmart has a lot of grills marked down now.  Might be worth a look at your local store.

i bought this grill from walmart a few yrs back, paid over 400 bucks for it, its a char-broil, i need to replace the grease/fire guards on it, just replaced the grates awhile back, really love this grill !.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 10:52 AM, shadetree said:

i bought this grill from walmart a few yrs back, paid over 400 bucks for it, its a char-broil, i need to replace the grease/fire guards on it, just replaced the grates awhile back, really love this grill !.

I been waiting for another Arkansas recipe on that grill , LOL 

Old School New Orleans Red Beans:

Onions , garlic , bell pepper , celery , Rotell tomatoes and chilis , pickle meat , Double D sausage , soaked the dry beans over night in water , boiling on high for a couple of hours , throwing everything else in and simmering for 3 hours , mix in a can of Blue Runner red beans right at the end to give it that creamy consistency --- pork chops is the meat on the grill  ---Coors Lite , Green Apple Crown and Cinnamon MoonShine , come on down 

Coldest day so far this year for use , it is starting off at 52 degrees this morning , 70 at noon and 75 at 5 o'clock , going riding and going to have to wear my waders today , almost long john weather for me 

lV+IwhfrSo204SE4XoSeLQ.jpg

judG8MI3TZKPboTB5Nt9og.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am getting hungry , just looking at this pic !!!

" Houston , we have a problem " ,  we need a bigger pot 

Reminds me of my GrandMaws saying , " you can't put 8 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag " 

fullsizeoutput_d62.jpeg

• Like 2

Ninja, seems like a good brand. i bought a Ninja Foodi Grill, at a Target store the other day. if i didnt get a deal, so what., if it does like it says on the outside of the box. has cyclone technology best i remember.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

🙂

52 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I am getting hungry , just looking at this pic !!!

" Houston , we have a problem " ,  we need a bigger pot 

Reminds me of my GrandMaws saying , " you can't put 8 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag " 

fullsizeoutput_d62.jpeg

i heared it a different way. Ya cant put a gallon of chickin shat in a quart jar. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed
spelling
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

Ninja, seems like a good brand. i bought a Ninja Foodi Grill, at a Target store the other day. if i didnt get a deal, so what., if it does like it says on the outside of the box. has cyclone technology best i remember.

is that the air fryer you guys have talked about in the past ? 

fish.... all one has to do is mention food, and you get hungry... lol.... I'm glad you brought this thread back up.... cause i'll  be cooking more with the cold weather season moving in. 

• Like 1

Decision / Decision , went with the same pot and it worked out , another 1.5 hours and it is La'ounch !!! 

Them Magna-Lite pots are expensive , I got that big one for $40 at the flea market , had to clean it up a bit ,  seen them on e-bay for as much as $299 

iOQlm7YjRym2ZOsfO3cSSQ.jpg

plP79ONZQnCeQH+OzfdL+w.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

'Led , that Ninja you bought , is it the air fryer style ? I was looking at it , my buddy swears by it .....